Jump to content
Davey Jones' Locker

Magicians And Hypnotists

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

American illiusionist Criss Angel lost consciousness during a show and was sent to the hospital. He has been released and awaits further tests. https://twitter.com/CrissAngel/status/840728642002984960

Should be fine but could be an early warning.

Pick your preferred bad pun:

 

1. Criss must be cross about that.

 

2. When he collapsed, did he become a fallen angel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/02/2017 at 10:36, Spade_Cooley said:

 

Reading between the lines here, I think he was relaxing in the Carradine fashion before death.

 

 

So, what nobody has to the best of my knowledge is a list of those prone to relaxing in such a way and the statistical chances that each relaxation might become permanent.

 

Anyone know different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

 

So, what nobody has to the best of my knowledge is a list of those prone to relaxing in such a way and the statistical chances that each relaxation might become permanent.

 

Anyone know different?

In our house, the 'strangle-wank' is a frequently discussed phenomenon, not least because the son of my dad's best friend dispatched himself in such a fashion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

In our house, the 'strangle-wank' is a frequently discussed phenomenon, not least because the son of my dad's best friend dispatched himself in such a fashion. 

 

 

So all the normal cummings and goings of friends and family, then

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching that Top 100 Magic Tricks thing on Five the other week (if you missed it, its Five,  it'll be on again ten more times before Easter, no doubt) did notice a bunch of the late magicians on it seemed to go in their 50s/60s. Hmm, Penn and Teller are in their 60s.

 

Mind you, that Mark Wilson is still going aged 88.  As is his wife/stage partner Nani Darnell who is around the same age. Both should obit when they go. The Mail'll see to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, msc said:

Watching that Top 100 Magic Tricks thing on Five the other week (if you missed it, its Five,  it'll be on again ten more times before Easter, no doubt) did notice a bunch of the late magicians on it seemed to go in their 50s/60s. Hmm, Penn and Teller are in their 60s.

 

Mind you, that Mark Wilson is still going aged 88.  As is his wife/stage partner Nani Darnell who is around the same age. Both should obit when they go. The Mail'll see to it.

I presume he is a bit fucked when it comes to close up sleight of hand tricks then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He showed up on Penn and Tellers Fool Us a year or two ago. By the look of him then, he was a bit fucked when it came to the whole walking ten steps, let alone anything more complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fergus Anckorn, member of the Magic Circle for 81 years, dead at 99. Appeared as an assistant to the 2016 winner of Britain's Got Talent, Richard Jones, and also was a PoW who built the Bridge on the River Kwai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record, when I started double checking his bloody name, Spade hadn't posted yet. Ninja'd anyhow - with the same fact too, because it's the only thing anyone remembers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Health update from Dynamo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deathbysnoosnoo said:

Was he I'll?

He was ill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Ali Bongo on here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Toast said:

Is Ali Bongo on here?

 

 

Animal antics perhaps.

 

In Shock news, A Bongo  gave birth by C Section on Boxing Day and has now died.

 

https://www.cbs19news.com/content/news/Zoo-reports-bongo-that-gave-birth-by-C-section-has-died-504064871.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An Indian magician, who attempted to recreate Harry Houdini's famed trick by jumping shackled into a river, is feared dead.

Chanchal Lahiri was meant to escape and swim to safety but did not emerge from the Hooghly river in West Bengal state.

Spectators who had gathered to watch him take the plunge on Sunday informed the police, who say they are searching for him.

SC

 

the audience cheers] 

Bugs Bunny : [starts clapping]  That's terrific, Daffy! They loved it. They want more.

Daffy Duck : [as a ghost rising to heaven]  I know, I know, but I can only do it once.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MagicianDisappears.png

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use