Spade_Cooley

Only Fools And Horses

Shall we? I mean, they're dropping like flies (four whole castmember deaths over 20 years), and its probably a more interesting category than "who will die first, an old man or another old man".

Plus if David Jason starts going handgliding again [deleted on legal grounds].

• Like 1

David Jason and Jim Broadbent are possibilities but both Kenneth MacDonald and Roger Lloyd-Pack took me by surprise.

Let's do the obvious:

Del Boy - David Jason (b.1940)

Rodney - Nicholas Lyndhurst (b.1961)

Grandad - Lennard Pearce (1915-1984)

Uncle Albert - Buster Merryfield (1920-1999)

Cassandra - Gwyneth Strong (b.1959)

Raquel - Tessa Peake Jones (b.1957)

Trigger - Roger Lloyd Pack (1944-2014)

Boycie - John Challis (b.1942)

Denzil - Paul Barber (b.1951)

DCI Slater - Jim Broadbent (b.1949)

Marlene - Sue Holderness (b.1949)

Mike - Kenneth MacDonald (1950-2001)

Mickey Pearce - Patrick Murray (b.1956)

Sid - Roy Heather (1935-2014)

Plus roughly 20,000 other actors who made one appearance in this show but that'll be enough to guarantee them a BBC obit when they go. Like "no, not Keith Barron. Yeah, I know Keith Barron was in it, but not him. The guy who looks like Keith Barron. He played a jewellery conman or something? Del cut his dick off. He was in "Doctors" as well."

Patrick Murray ended up as a homeless alcoholic and now lives in a hotel with Brian "Superstars" Jacks, fwiw.

Patrick Murray ended up as a homeless alcoholic and now lives in a hotel with Brian "Superstars" Jacks, fwiw.

That bit of information is the sort of thing that might mean he would be worth a pick but with the exception of David Jason I wouldn't be putting any of these on a list in the next two years.

I even thought David Jason looked better than I had seen him recently in Still Open All Hours.

Plus roughly 20,000 other actors who made one appearance in this show but that'll be enough to guarantee them a BBC obit when they go. Like "no, not Keith Barron. Yeah, I know Keith Barron was in it, but not him. The guy who looks like Keith Barron. He played a jewellery conman or something? Del cut his dick off. He was in "Doctors" as well."

That would be the actor whom my family will always call Charlie, because he played a character called Charlie in Brookside. I dunno his real name though. He was also a psychiatrist in an episode of 'Nightingales', in which it was revealed that "Ding Dong" Bell (played by David Threlfall) was a serial horse rapist...

Guest Guest

Does anyone happen to know if Roger was meant to be taking part in the special for Comic Relief and if so has he allready filmed it? It will of course be dedicated to his memory,and the memory of the show,which of course can't now c ome back properly following Roger and John Sullivans deaths

I'm just lost for words. My son and I were just watching the two episodes of Dr Who that he was in where Roger plays the character of John Lumic.

Guest Guest

I'm just lost for words. My son and I were just watching the two episodes of Dr Who that he was in where Roger plays the character of John Lumic.

Yeah he was brilliant in that,and the Vicar of Dibley,and the 2 series of The Old Guys he did (remember that, with Hyacinth Buckets husband?). He was in tonnes of stuff .He was a really good actor !

Does anyone happen to know if Roger was meant to be taking part in the special for Comic Relief and if so has he allready filmed it? It will of course be dedicated to his memory,and the memory of the show,which of course can't now c ome back properly following Roger and John Sullivans deaths

They'd be better off not going ahead with it. Mike, Uncle Albert & Trigger.. it'll never be the same.

He was great, wasn't he? Superb comic timing.

One of my favourite lines was in the episode of Vicar Of Dibley when they were discussing the cost of replacing a stained glass window.

"£11,000? Bugger me! You could have someone killed for that!"

• Like 1

Did anyone know he was ill besides his family i didn't even hear a hint of him being suggested ?

My favourite was the to cassandra and rodney , dave. :D

Guest Guest

Is there a topic for Allo Allo ?

yeah there was once.it was called 'goodbye goodbye' but was shut down for lack of interest

That would be the actor whom my family will always call Charlie, because he played a character called Charlie in Brookside. I dunno his real name though. He was also a psychiatrist in an episode of 'Nightingales', in which it was revealed that "Ding Dong" Bell (played by David Threlfall) was a serial horse rapist...

Philip McGough

The OFAH character was Arnie in the episode "Chain Gang" - the one with the gold chains and bogus ambulances.

Sadly news has come in of the death of another actor who was in OFAH . Christopher Malcolm who p[layed the mad axeman/security guard in Friday the 14th has died at 67. http://www.thebearde...re-strikes.html

In case you can't remember who he was here's a spic of him from that brilliant episode http://www.thebearde...re-strikes.html

Classic guestpost!

He was also Julia Sawahahahala's dad in Absolutely Fabulous.

Sadly news has come in of the death of another actor who was in OFAH . Christopher Malcolm who p[layed the mad axeman/security guard in Friday the 14th has died at 67. http://www.thebearde...re-strikes.html

In case you can't remember who he was here's a spic of him from that brilliant episode http://www.thebearde...re-strikes.html

Classic guestpost!

He was also Julia Sawahahahala's dad in Absolutely Fabulous.

He also originated the role of Brad Majors in the Rocky Horror Show and was most put out not be offered the role in the film. He was offered the role of Ralph Hapschat instead but turned it down.

Did anyone see this article yesterday?

We should sent this to anyone who complains we are sick and ghoulish for posting on this site.

However my collection of Terry Pratchett Signed first editions are not for sale before or after his death.

• Like 3

Did those old rumours that Gwyneth Strong has a brain tumour come to anything?

Badly invested in her a long time ago. I don't need her again any time soon, unless she needs a hole in her head...