Spade_Cooley

Only Fools And Horses

Did anyone see this article yesterday?

We should sent this to anyone who complains we are sick and ghoulish for posting on this site.

However my collection of Terry Pratchett Signed first editions are not for sale before or after his death.

Only just seen that.

Sick fuck!

What's his posting name hereabouts?

• Like 2

Did anyone see this article yesterday?

We should sent this to anyone who complains we are sick and ghoulish for posting on this site.

However my collection of Terry Pratchett Signed first editions are not for sale before or after his death.

Only just seen that.

Sick fuck!

What's his posting name hereabouts?

Surely Del boy would approve!
  • Like 1

Well, here's a notification of the death of Kim Clifford, actress who appeared as Vicky The Barmaid in an episode:

Probably better known as Sandra in London's Burning, with other appearances in Goodnight Sweetheart, Colin's Sandwich and Tucker's Luck. Looks like she was only 58.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0166655/

On 05/05/2019 at 21:01, YoungWillz said:

Well, here's a notification of the death of Kim Clifford, actress who appeared as Vicky The Barmaid in an episode:

Probably better known as Sandra in London's Burning, with other appearances in Goodnight Sweetheart, Colin's Sandwich and Tucker's Luck. Looks like she was only 58.

Any other sources?

Not one to yell "Hoax" but that source feels like a fake account.

39 minutes ago, msc said:

Any other sources?

Not one to yell "Hoax" but that source feels like a fake account.

Well one to watch it's a Twitter report. Bears to be from her husband (mentioned by name on Wiki and IMDB) and let's face it, who on earth would take a lesser known personality/character actress and hoax it up?

We may never know the truth in the post truth society we live in....

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Well one to watch it's a Twitter report. Bears to be from her husband (mentioned by name on Wiki and IMDB) and let's face it, who on earth would take a lesser known personality/character actress and hoax it up?

We may never know the truth in the post truth society we live in....

The account was started a month ago, her husbands name was publicly known, and it mentions the wifes death as an aside in a middle of anti-Tory rants? Bit weird. And she was a pretty big face in the 90s - Londons Burning was huge.

One to watch. Or get bored in mid-August and ask Cat to track down the details.

• Haha 1

Guardian Obit for Mona Adams: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/sep/18/mona-adams-obituary

Apparently the researcher on the programme who helped John Sullivan with the finale - the finding of the valuable watch that sells for millions at auction.

Though IMDB does not mention her apparent role as a production assistant on Doctor Who - her obit does.

9 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

David Jason celebrates the milestone birthday of 80 today. Many happy returns. :birthday:

I clicked on this thread and David Jason’s face was in black and white. Damn nearly had heart failure.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I clicked on this thread and David Jason’s face was in black and white. Damn nearly had heart failure.

Sorry to have given you a fright!

On 05/05/2019 at 21:01, YoungWillz said:

Just noticed we never settled this one.

The record is now on the GRO Index:

GALPIN, KIM     1961  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q2/2019 in MEDWAY  (561-1A)  Entry Number 518940567

Still "alive" on Wiki, IMDb etc. and never obited. Oh dear...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

John Challis cancels his one-man tour because of unknown health reasons:

https://www.list.co.uk/article/129412-only-fools-and-horses-star-john-challis-cancels-tour-due-to-ill-health/

Outright cancelled, its not coming back. He just started it, and has been talking up moving to Serbia of late.

Here he is 5 days ago:

And here is a company involved letting the cat out of the bag:

So cancer since 2019 but thought he was OK to tour until 24 hours ago when suddenly everything needed cancelled. I'll be honest, this one feels ominous and Challis is very DL-y.

• Like 2

Yeah, definitely a radar figure and being as a) he's a big social media poster b) the OFAH fan community being pretty obsessive with the show's cast, we should be able to keep a very close eye on developments here.

I wonder what type of cancer. Could be a type that gets him to 2022 or one that now the decline is happening he will be gone before then.The way the press are reporting it makes me think the later. 

I met John a few years ago. Lovely man hopefully he lives with this for years to come. He signed my book too. 

Big fan of Challis and OFAH and I sincerely hope he recovers. The news doesn’t sound good though, and he has that pale complexion that other cancerists such as Sean Lock and Helen McCrory exhibited in their last couple of public appearances. Very concerning.

• Sad 1

A bit gutted about the John Challis news. Wonderful bloke, was hoping he'd last longer as he deserves it. Does feel like there's a bit of an OFAH curse. Only David Jason has made it to over 80 of the main cast I think. Poor old Nicholas Lyndhurst also had tragedy with his son dying recently at a very young age. 

Never thought of that before. Nothing can beat the Dad's Army curse, most of the cast members died within a few years of the shows ending.

10 hours ago, vvmax said:

Never thought of that before. Nothing can beat the Dad's Army curse, most of the cast members died within a few years of the shows ending.

Yes, but of the main cast members of Dad's Army only James Beck died really early. Arnold Ridley, Bill Pertwee, John Laurie and Clive Dunn (of course) all lived to be over 80. John Le Mesurier was over 70, Arthur Lowe was late 60s. Ian Lavender (75) and Frank Williams (90) are still not out. With Dad's Army it was that the cast were very old to start with. Their overall average life expectancy has been higher than British men of that era. 

In contrast only David Jason of the main Only Fools cast has made it past 80 so far by my reckoning. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Deathrace said:

A bit gutted about the John Challis news. Wonderful bloke, was hoping he'd last longer as he deserves it. Does feel like there's a bit of an OFAH curse. Only David Jason has made it to over 80 of the main cast I think. Poor old Nicholas Lyndhurst also had tragedy with his son dying recently at a very young age. 

"Was hoping he'd last longer" Good news for you, he's not dead.

• Like 1