Spade_Cooley

Only Fools And Horses

A great actor Boycie was one of the greats, he was pivotal to only fools and Horses success he was superb a sad loss was only watching an old episode of only fools this morning and wondering how John Challis was doing thought he would last a bit longer to be fair. 

• Like 2

Clearly he was seriously ill for several years but wanted to keep working pretty much right up to the end for his fans. Greavsie and Boycie in one very sad day. 

• Like 2

Knew it was bad. Gutted. What a brutal year for comics and comic actors.

Ominous indeed, just guessing to adjust my radar... was it leukemia?

What a shit day today has been.   Still drive past Boycee’s garage on way to work most days (it was actually Smiles Motor Company) and reminds me of that laugh 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

As an aside I get the impression John was much more like Boycie in real life than Sue is like Marlene! 

OFAH is my favourite comedy and it's sad to see so many of the main cast has died. I just looked over Rovers list again and I never knew mike the barman had died. So it's like a double whammy for me. They'll never be forgotten and they'll never be another comedy as good or memorable as OFAH.

R.I.P Boycie 

5 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

David Jason on This  Morning talking about John Challis

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/david-jason-says-only-fools-25026398

Looks ok for his age. 

Saw the end of it where he mentioned that he was still flying helicopters and had just done the hours to renew his licence. That means he has also passed his medical, so he must be pretty good shape.

On 29/06/2021 at 13:43, Ulitzer95 said:

Just noticed we never settled this one.

The record is now on the GRO Index:

GALPIN, KIM     1961  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q2/2019 in MEDWAY  (561-1A)  Entry Number 518940567

Still "alive" on Wiki, IMDb etc. and never obited. Oh dear...

The mods on Wiki seem have finally accepted two days ago that she died in 2019.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The mods on Wiki seem have finally accepted two days ago that she died in 2019.

I've just replaced the IMDb source with the record from the GRO Index to strengthen it somewhat.

Can't promise the page will stay like that. Pedantic editors everywhere on there. They can't accept that not everyone of note gets a newspaper spread!

• Like 1

David Jason wants to play Del Boy one last time. Not sure this is a good idea. The series already went on for too long and now all of Del Boy's contemporaries (bar Denzil and Roy Slater) are dead. Perhaps he could do an episode with Dawn French as the Vicar of Dibley https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/17353942/david-jason-del-boy-only-fools-and-horses/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Replying to
I now speak from my own experience . Naturally I wanted to keep my own health problems private , but failing to fully endorse this ad would be selfish . Thanks to my ultrascan I have a fighting chance . It showed my organs needed further investigation and tumours were spotted.

r5x-BhUO_bigger.jpg

This led to a pet scan which covers a much larger area . To my wonderful surprise these lesions were not cancerous but the scan did find an EARLY stage cancerous tumour in my lung . This has since been removed and I am tweeting now , which would not be the case if I hadn't.

The thread seems contradictory.He says "tumours" were found but then says he had lesions and a single cancerous tumour in the right lung. Assuming he means the lesions or tumours were not cancerous but he was initially told rthey were or probably were.He is 65 now.Doesn`t sound like he will make 70.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-only-fools-horses-mickey-26047635 :Patrick Murray who plays Mickey Pearce was diagnosed with lung cancer a few months ago and had a tumour removed.It is reported to have been caught early and he says he has "a fighting chance".One to watch as he also has had COPD for several years.

Sounds like they thought he had cancer elsewhere, had the full scan and caught it in the lungs instead? COPD for years plus a lung cancer scare. Gone in 18-24 months tops imo.

He quit smoking a pack a day  in 2014 and was diagnosed with COPD  in 2016 .