Dr. Zorders

Stupid/funny/cool/outrageous/scary/weird/crazy Stuff You Read/saw In The News/on The Internet

Call me names if you like, but right now I am listening, for the first time, to the Lulu version of The Man Who Sold The World. Is it really a pile of absolute sheep's wank, or is it just me?

No, not just you.

Bowie obviously endorsed the version though, as I believe (yes, read on Wikipedia) that he played sax and done backing vocals on it - he must have been well spangled on ket.

He recorded the Laughing Gnome his judgement was always going to be questioned after that.

Call me names if you like, but right now I am listening, for the first time, to the Lulu version of The Man Who Sold The World. Is it really a pile of absolute sheep's wank, or is it just me?

No, not just you.

Bowie obviously endorsed the version though, as I believe (yes, read on Wikipedia) that he played sax and done backing vocals on it - he must have been well spangled on ket.

He recorded the Laughing Gnome his judgement was always going to be questioned after that.

Good point well made.

Wasn't that Lulu song recorded to promote the film of the same name starring one Mr David Bowie who was a shit Alien?

Wasn't that Lulu song recorded to promote the film of the same name starring one Mr David Bowie who was a shit Alien?

The film was The man Who Fell to Earth - I thought it was quite good. It was a couple of years after the Lulu song but he would probably have been filming when it came out

• Like 1

The film was The man Who Fell to Earth - I thought it was quite good. It was a couple of years after the Lulu song but he would probably have been filming when it came out

That's very kind of you Sir but I got it completely fucking wrong!! :D

• Like 1

That's very kind of you Sir but I got it completely fucking wrong!! :D

I suppose he must have sold the world after he fell to earth.

• Like 4

Lulu recorded her version of 'The Man Who Sold the World' during Bowie's sessions for the 'Pin-Ups' album in late summer 1973. It was released in 1974. 'The Man Who Fell to Earth' was filmed in 1975.

• Like 1

You didn't like him anyway and now you're jumping on his bandwagon. That's death for you...

You didn't like him anyway and now you're jumping on his bandwagon. That's death for you...

Um, no band wagon jumping here, just an opinion on the sweaty jock. I prefer the Nirvana version to the original. And it's a bit late for a Kurt Cobain bandwagon.

• Like 2

For the record, I kind of like it. It's a bit pop, but then it's Lulu.

Hmmm neutral on the Nirvana version, mainly because I didn't have a vested interested in teabagging the drummer! ;)

• Like 1

Funnily enough, only today I was listening to Bowie's own version of 'All the Young Dudes' made famous by Mott the Hoople. Can't beat the original but I like its laid back vibe. Like Lulu's Bowie song, I must like the extra sax played by the Dame...

Hmmm neutral on the Nirvana version, mainly because I didn't have a vested interested in teabagging the drummer! ;)

I never wanted to bang Dave Grohl while he was in Nirvana. Too young looking. He's one of those that got hotter as he got older, like Clint Eastwood.

I never wanted to bang Dave Grohl while he was in Nirvana. Too young looking. He's one of those that got hotter as he got older, like Clint Eastwood.

Blimey you don't to suck that bloke's balls now he's 85!

• Like 1

Hey, I know I've got a big mouth but have you seen the sag on an 85 year old nutsack? 😄

Hey, I know I've got a big mouth but have you seen the sag on an 85 year old nutsack? 😄

Says it all that you had to take two bites at it, Lardy :lol:

• Like 2

Says it all that you had to take two bites at it, Lardy :lol:

I'm such a greedy bitch!

• Like 1

Wait for it.....

• Like 4

Hillary Trump or Donald Clinton?

There's a lizzard inside, innit?

Or it could be Quentin Rayner or Claire Crisp.

• Like 1

Driver decides to take shortcut across frozen lake work to avoid and falls through the ice. The driver survived.

http://www.kare11.com/weather/suv-falls-through-ice-on-lake-minnetonka/54782729

The driver did get out safely, and the fact that the SUV went through directly between two 'thin ice' signs added a bit of dark humor to the incident.

Driver decides to take shortcut across frozen lake work to avoid and falls through the ice. The driver survived.

http://www.kare11.com/weather/suv-falls-through-ice-on-lake-minnetonka/54782729

The driver did get out safely, and the fact that the SUV went through directly between two 'thin ice' signs added a bit of dark humor to the incident.

Aha, the cool stuff.