Dr. Zorders

Stupid/funny/cool/outrageous/scary/weird/crazy Stuff You Read/saw In The News/on The Internet

Riding around w my pal, who was doing a Detroit area home repair estimate.  He pulled up next to this house.  A very DL garden hook.  I love this, even though it’s staring at me :mellow::skull:

08623C55-574C-4DE8-898A-1138B7E43DD7.jpeg

• Haha 4

from The Guardian's cricket live coverage:

I laughed anyway

Screenshot 2021-09-13 153136.png

• Haha 1

The latest news on Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton’s legs for getting married to each other at the Met Gala yesterday.

19699F43-108B-461C-9A09-E92775312E34.thumb.jpeg.8c83485d49984eb6a18199f6316e7830.jpeg

2nd prize in the Karate kicking the net curtains competition? 

Found this quizz about countries of the world : my record is 171/196 but that was last month, I forgot 20 of these countries now :old:

how much can you do ? 

42 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Found this quizz about countries of the world : my record is 171/196 but that was last month, I forgot 20 of these countries now :old:

how much can you do ? 

141 on my first go. Mixed bag. Dropped a lot on Central America. Absolutely aced Asia, only missed one country. Couple of very stupid misses; forgot to say Greece ffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

how much can you do ? 

A disappointing 112, which I'm blaming on the time of night (and/or my age). It's very frustrating looking at the map and knowing you know the country but the brain isn't working! Missed a couple of sitters, and a whole load of the 'stans'. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

how much can you do ? 

184. Disappointed, considering the amount of time I devoted to Sporcle when I was 14. One of my party tricks is pinning Rutland on a map.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

184. Dissapointed, considering the amount of time I devoted to Sporcle when I was 14. One of my party tricks is pinning Rutland on a map.

184 on your first try ? Incredible, well done !

9 hours ago, time said:

A disappointing 112, which I'm blaming on the time of night (and/or my age). It's very frustrating looking at the map and knowing you know the country but the brain isn't working! Missed a couple of sitters, and a whole load of the 'stans'. 

It’s so frustrating yes, it always happens to me with countries like Malaisia, Koweït... but we’ll Done !

10 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

141 on my first go. Mixed bag. Dropped a lot on Central America. Absolutely aced Asia, only missed one country. Couple of very stupid misses; forgot to say Greece ffs.

Central America is harder than we could think, those little islands are confusing... well done 141 is great !

44 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Central America is harder than we could think, those little islands are confusing... well done 141 is great !

This is something I run through regularly, and I have developed a routine of remembering the island countries in groups.

St Lucia, St Kitts, St Vincent  (St)

Antigua and Barbuda, Trinidad and Tobago  (&)

Dominica, Dominican Republic, Haiti

Bahamas, Barbados (B)

Which leaves the trio of Jamaica, Grenada, Cuba.

Buggered if I can place them all correctly on the map though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

how much can you do ? 

Shouldn't this be in the Quiz thread? 

I got 139.  Vatican City and The Philippines were the most obvious I missed. 

Did it again just now to see if a less-tired mind is any better. I got 167. I got obscure places like Kiribati and East Timor, but forgot Bulgaria and the Seychelles. Dipshit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Did it again just now to see if a less-tired mind is any better. I got 167. I got obscure places like Kiribati and East Timor, but forgot Bulgaria and the Seychelles. Dipshit.

Dipshit is what the UK will be known as  in a few years. Try again. 

177/196 - aced Europe and South America, then I remember a bunch of the small islands but forget obvious African and Asian countries till late in the time allowed.

My misses in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Kyrgyzstan (I knew this one but I can't spell it), Maldives, Nepal, Taiwan (didn't think it'd be there with some others missing!), Burundi, Eswatani, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana (!), the Ivory Coast/Cote D'ivoire (2 bad misses for a football fan), Liberia, Malawi, Tanzania, Cuba (!!!!), Grenada, Marshall Islands, Nauru and Micronesia. I sodding well went for all the other small islands in that area that aren't apparently countries! 

While searching for news about Hanoi Rocks guitarist Andy McCoy I found this:

From 2008 Weird to think that not only is McCoy still alive, Margera is probably in a much worse shape

I’d like to congratulate the BBC for sending the reporter with the perfect name to a petrol station to cover the fuel crisis.

7150D00A-DB4B-4B15-88B8-03661EEE5EE2.png.6732e1d0dbfbe8f077f720cd9c39efb2.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’d like to congratulate the BBC for sending the reporter with the perfect name to a petrol station to cover the fuel crisis.

7150D00A-DB4B-4B15-88B8-03661EEE5EE2.png.6732e1d0dbfbe8f077f720cd9c39efb2.png

Is he there with his brother Gerry?;)

Failed Reagan assassin John Hinckley Jr.'s youtube account.

• Like 1

The petrol shortage isn't all bad news...