Dr. Zorders

Stupid/funny/cool/outrageous/scary/weird/crazy Stuff You Read/saw In The News/on The Internet

I am often disdainful of our local newspaper, and I know the area has a large LGBTQ+ population, but is the death of a drag queen (with no obvious connection to the area) really deserving of a liveblog? https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/22568374.live-lgbtq-community-mourns-death-drag-race-uk-star-cherry-valentine/

Maybe all queens' lives (& deaths) are equal.

• Like 1

Be the last person to see Queen lie in state but then be found out that it's their second time visiting. Meaning this lady literally spent nearly two days in a queue. At one point that weekend it got to 18 hours and there was a queue to be in the queue because they had to stop entry for about 5 hours.

• Like 1

New way to die invented, who'll be the first person to be killed by a machete-wielding houseplant?

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 20:00, msc said:

I don't really get the emotional support animal thing (isn't that in general...a pet? Who gets a pet dog because dogs stress them out?). However, here's a story about an "emotional support" alligator visiting a nursing home.  Which I felt should be shared. Because it exists.

PS This story is so going to get a sequel in the Animal Deaths thread one day...

@TQR antics not deaths!

Much to my surprise, 3 and a half years later, the man with the emotional support alligator is still alive, and well, and people visit from all over to get therapy hugs from his nearly 6-foot long alligator. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, msc said:

@TQR antics not deaths!

Much to my surprise, 3 and a half years later, the man with the emotional support alligator is still alive, and well, and people visit from all over to get therapy hugs from his nearly 6-foot long alligator. 

Move it to the Animal Antics thread, god fucking damn it :rant::D

• Like 1

This ongoing story from the world of chess:

5C5FD2B8-99C1-44B0-9AF6-D51F4DCD8865.thumb.jpeg.09a880f4ea90b73f409048a57f4dea92.jpeg

You have to wonder, at this point, how interested he was in the actual game of chess.

• Like 1

Most translators are still absolutely shite at translating text from Chinese to English. Here's a post I saw today, translated from Chinese to English by facebook...Found it hilarious.

Politician

As of yesterday, the English Lady (96 seconds) is the highest potential possession in the world. The current highest is the African Carpenter Moisture (89 seconds).

He is no longer in position, but still active former high-ranking commander is Muhadi (97 years old), who has recently recovered and discharged from hospital, but he is unwilling to return to the position, but if the people need him, he will not hesitate to refuse, anyway he is old enough.

Carter (98 pounds) and Shinji Kisi (99 pounds) also received media visits this year. Kisinji recently published a new book, and he also shot a small clip on the death of Zhubai Zhoub. The old gentleman is no longer talking, but it seems that his spirit of silence is not.

In addition, former high-ranking officials of the village, such as Murayama Fumi City (98 billion yen), and Liu Min (96 million yen) and Liu Kyi (93 million yen) have recently been reduced to less public activity.

Same post translated with Google Translate:

Politician Rui

As of yesterday, the Queen (96) was the world's oldest reigning leader. The oldest is currently African Cameroonian President Paul Biya (89). The former leader who is no longer in office but is still active is Mahathir (97), who was recently diagnosed and discharged from the hospital. He said that although he has no intention of returning to the role of prime minister, if the people need him, he will not refuse him, anyway. An old life.

Carter (98) and Kissinger (99) are not idle either, and both accept media interviews this year. Kissinghi also recently published a new book, and he also made a short mourning video when Gorbachev died last week. Although the two old gentlemen are no longer articulate, they seem to be in good spirits.

Several other well-known former leaders such as Tomiichi Murayama (98), Jiang Zemin (96) and Zhu Rongji (93) have been less public recently.

• Like 1

63F6CD97-1585-4794-B71B-0C3A307E407A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This took me a second or two...

• Haha 4

Works best if you've seen Succession.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, time said:

Works best if you've seen Succession.

Sure beats Spitting Image.

• Like 1

Tempted to create a thread for the island country of Tuvalu:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2022/nov/17/first-digital-nation-tuvalu-turns-to-metaverse-as-rising-seas-threaten-existence-video

Tuvalu says it plans to build a digital version of itself, replicating islands and landmarks and preserving its history and culture, as rising sea levels threaten to submerge the tiny Pacific island nation. Seemingly speaking from within the digital replica of one Tuvalu island, the foreign minister Simon Kofe, said it was the only way to preserve their country 'piece by piece' so that they can remind their 'children and grandchildren what their home once was'.

In the windows of an empty retail unit in the neighbouring town they put up a Queen's Platinum Jubilee display featuring drawings from local school children.

This one always makes me smile

20221120_134117.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In the windows of an empty retail unit in the neighbouring town they put up a Queen's Platinum Jubilee display featuring drawings from local school children.

20221120_134117.jpg

Pretty impressive she won, considering she has ovals for hands and feet

19 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

20221120_134117.jpg

I'm more fascinated by the obscured Mike Wazowski on the right...

18 Unhinged 'Monsters Inc.' Posts That Can Power A City With Laughter

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

I'm more fascinated by the obscured Mike Wazowski on the right...

18 Unhinged 'Monsters Inc.' Posts That Can Power A City With Laughter

Don’t worry about him, he’s just happy to be on a drawing :D 

• Like 1

For those not on Tumblr. People have worked in unison somehow like a weird hive mind by making everyone believe an unreleased Martin Scorsese movied called Goncharov exists. It's beautiful as i've never seen Tumblr people work in unison so much and hundreds of fanfics have been written (400+ on Archive of Our Own). Even the actual Lynda Carter is taking part saying she auditioned for the movie.

It has also reached Martin Scorsese because his daughter posted on TikTok showing the man talk about it. It's Wikipedia.

A post on Tumblr: Goncharov (1973) is the most tangible proof of a hive mind on Tumblr. (link)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moving people by train across Europe.

Coincidence?

01962A55-2D2B-4A03-A4DC-A75CEF28536D.jpeg

Edited by Paul Bearer
Post was reported. Nazi emblem removed
  • Haha 1

I’m surprised it’s not going West.

Edited by Paul Bearer
See above

I must have missed the news about the new cross-channel train route from Cherbourg, and the Irish Sea ones.

• Like 2

Google « year in search » 2022 published a few hours ago. Surprisingly, QEII is the only deceased person to be mentionned in it. I remember waiting for these videos to come up each year to see whose passing would be included. I think I saw some other « zeitgeist » or rewind-like videos from other companies but can’t remember which one… can someone help ?  

6 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Google « year in search » 2022 published a few hours ago. Surprisingly, QEII is the only deceased person to be mentionned in it. I remember waiting for these videos to come up each year to see whose passing would be included in it. I think I saw some other « zeitgeist » or rewind-like videos from other companies but can’t remember which one… can someone help ?  

Found the list (at least in the US): https://trends.google.com/trends/yis/2022/US/

1. Betty White (December 31, 2021)

2. Queen Elizabeth (September 8)

3. Bob Saget (January 9)

4. Anne Heche (August 11)

5. Aaron Carter (November 5)

6. Olivia Newton-John (August 8)

7. Ray Liotta (May 26)

8. Leslie Jordan (October 24)

9. Takeoff (November 1)

10. Taylor Hawkins (March 25)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Found the list (at least in the US): https://trends.google.com/trends/yis/2022/US/

1. Betty White (December 31, 2021)

2. Queen Elizabeth (September 8)

3. Bob Saget (January 9)

4. Anne Heche (August 11)

5. Aaron Carter (November 5)

6. Olivia Newton-John (August 8)

7. Ray Liotta (May 26)

8. Leslie Jordan (October 24)

9. Takeoff (November 1)

10. Taylor Hawkins (March 25)

Yes I saw it but no mention of any of them (except QEII) in the official video.. 

here is the french list : of course Gaspard Ulliel is first… it was the biggest french death of the year and more shocking and sad for many people than the one of QEII

9478B905-C904-42E0-B4E4-CD3ED6675A99.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1