DevonDeathTrip

Vladimir Putin

Not necessarily civil war but yeah could get awful messy. Doesn't appear to be anybody in particular that's being groomed to be the heir

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Not necessarily civil war but yeah could get awful messy. Doesn't appear to be anybody in particular that's being groomed to be the heir

If Putin would die now, he would likely be replaced by Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin.

If his successor is going to be a blood relative, I'd place my bets on younger daughter Katerina Tikhonova, 35. Putin has two children, both daughters and the older one seems to have married a Dutch businessman.

30 minutes ago, arghton said:

If Putin would die now, he would likely be replaced by Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin.

If his successor is going to be a blood relative, I'd place my bets on younger daughter Katerina Tikhonova, 35. Putin has two children, both daughters and the older one seems to have married a Dutch businessman.

The pillow talk for the older daughter must be lively at times

"Your dad and his c*** mates downed a plane load of Dutch people!"

"Leave it, it was only an accident!"

Etc.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, arghton said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/10/14/putin-says-talk-of-succession-destabilises-russia-a75293

Putin says that talk about succession "destabilizes Russia" and mentions that he hasn't made any decisions (about the next election, his successor etc) yet, says that "there's plenty of time before the next election"

He's only just turned 69, loads of time, then...Stalin held on until 74, Mugabe to 93!

I wonder if there is any possibility that the sanctions which will inevitably follow conflict in the Ukraine may include personal sanctions against Vladimir Putin, and perhaps even the ultimate sanction? :ph34r:

Taking him out may create a power vacuum which might in turn strengthen the West's hand.  An assassination - perhaps by sniper rifle - where nobody admits responsibility could make things interesting.

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I wonder if there is any possibility that the sanctions which will inevitably follow conflict in the Ukraine may include personal sanctions against Vladimir Putin, and perhaps even the ultimate sanction? :ph34r:

Taking him out may create a power vacuum which might in turn strengthen the West's hand.  An assassination - perhaps by sniper rifle - where nobody admits responsibility could make things interesting.

I saw someone sat the opposite the other day. That there is concern that if the Putin is ousted (more likely by the economic elite after sanctions) that things might got more unstable and risky for the west. 

4 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Perfectly good timing that I put Assassination of a President/Prime Minister/Politician

Might be lots this year from this upcoming war and uprising in other countries of civil unrest. 

• Like 1

I don't know... Putin getting assasinated just seem unrealistic. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

you do realize that an assassination of Putin by the west is a declaration of War right?

16 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

you do realize that an assassination of Putin by the west is a declaration of War right?

That's not what he said.

Indeed I do.  Hence the "where nobody admits responsibility" bit of my post. 

Anyway,  Putin is a bit of a connoisseur of extrajudicial killings on foreign soil.  An irony he may even get to consider for a brief moment, before life slips away. :)

Sauli Niinistö, President of Finland recently gave an interview to NY Times, behind a paywall:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/13/world/europe/ukraine-russia-finland-sauli-niinisto-putin-nato.html

He's pretty much become an intrepeter between Putin and the West over the years and knows Putin well. What he apparently said, according to Finnish media, was that Putin's state of mind, decisiveness and ability to make judgements have "changed" 

• Like 1

He won't be alive in five years.

• Like 2

He's going to take some beautiful Ukrainian ladies back to his lair and die while entertaining them in his Aquadisco

2 hours ago, drol said:

He won't be alive in five years.

What makes you so sure?

29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What makes you so sure?

Because Drol is going to kill him. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

5CC13979-882B-4B5D-AABB-9A9053D98BA2.jpeg.6c45e73e76decc709cd7d4171a0684ee.jpeg

is now

AFC7D2C6-C3BF-4655-8C76-3C32BC2025A9.jpeg.2ed6856c9e47e0f78a59793a29bc79f2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

He could die in a nuclear Strike on Moscow.

• Facepalm 5

14 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

I hear he has terminal pancreatic cancer.

No that was Peter Falk, or someone else - I forget!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, prussianblue said:

If only.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, prussianblue said:

That would be fantastic if that happened. I hope he suffers greatly. 

I am starting to become convinced that his health is declining. He even told the Israeli PM in a private meeting that he thinks the Ukrainians are Nazi’s. People are amazed he would say it in private. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I am starting to become convinced that his health is declining. He even told the Israeli PM in a private meeting that he thinks the Ukrainians are Nazi’s. People are amazed he would say it in private. 

I mean there was rumours swirling about Putin having Parkinsons last year.

• Like 1