Deathray

The Ukraine Crisis

Seen as the discussion in the End Times thread wasn't welcome I thought I'd start a new thread for following developments in Ukraine.

The Navy Chief has defected in support of Crimea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-26410431

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Bit dated perhaps but maybe Cameron might be having this sort of conversation soon...

Aren't we giving the gormless bastard too much credit by assuming he's engaging in any strategic talk? He's probably having a three way with Rebekah Brooks and a horse right now.

• Like 2

Willie Hague no longer going to the Paralympics because of this.

Thats GB denied a certain Gold in the ''wee bald smarmy shit stakes'' then

• Like 1

Aren't we giving the gormless bastard too much credit by assuming he's engaging in any strategic talk? He's probably having a three way with Rebekah Brooks and a horse right now.

You're probably right, it looks like William Hague is being manoeuvred into scapegoat position when this all blows up!

Cameron is the worst excuse for a Prime Minister we've had since the days of the 1700s when some corpulent, drunk, gonorrhea-riddled monarch named James the 72nd (or whatever) used to just appoint his favourite bridge partner/port-drinking buddy/croquet pal etc. What a worthless cunt. Timmy Mallett would do a better job.

(Sorry for going off-topic. You may continue predicting apocalypse and biting your fingernails down to nothing now.)

Was just searching for a thread to bump for that Bobak wifie (failed to find it) but came across the Georgia v Russia one.

Already doing better than that one as it hit a total of 5 replies :D

Cameron is the worst excuse for a Prime Minister we've had since the days of the 1700s when some corpulent, drunk, gonorrhea-riddled monarch named James the 72nd (or whatever) used to just appoint his favourite bridge partner/port-drinking buddy/croquet pal etc. What a worthless cunt. Timmy Mallett would do a better job.

(Sorry for going off-topic. You may continue predicting apocalypse and biting your fingernails down to nothing now.)

Watch it. You might be having a go at one of his distant relatives!

I hate the way our media are making out russia are bad guys in this ? Ok they aren't wholly innocent but i wonder what would happen if Russia instigated regime change in Mexico . Fact of the matter is This guy was a democratically elected leader overthrown by a bunch of thugs led by a boxer, just think about that for a minute. Simply because he wanted closer ties with Russia not the EU or USA, a peaceful solution would be to give Crimea back to Russia and split Ukraine in two . Why force the Russian ethnic parts of Ukraine into a union they want no part of? The rebels that overthrew the Ukrainian government have threatened to cleanse Ukraine of non Ukrainian's and the threat is there. But Obama and the west greatly underestimated Putin , he is running circle's around them especially Obama .

I hate the way our media are making out russia are bad guys in this ? Ok they aren't wholly innocent but i wonder what would happen if Russia instigated regime change in Mexico . Fact of the matter is This guy was a democratically elected leader overthrown by a bunch of thugs led by a boxer, just think about that for a minute. Simply because he wanted closer ties with Russia not the EU or USA, a peaceful solution would be to give Crimea back to Russia and split Ukraine in two . Why force the Russian ethnic parts of Ukraine into a union they want no part of? The rebels that overthrew the Ukrainian government have threatened to cleanse Ukraine of non Ukrainian's and the threat is there. But Obama and the west greatly underestimated Putin , he is running circle's around them especially Obama .

I'd image the presence of Russian troops in the Crimea would be of great relief to the people there. A sense of stability and solidarity would go a long way to preventing a civil war on Russia's doorstep. The question is What is Putin's true motive? is the Russian presence solely for the aforementioned purpose, or is it Putin capitalising on this revolution to enable Russian expansion. Time will tell. Although the west does have a dog in this fight, America's role will largely remain impotent - the Russians simply beat them this time.

They're going to have to give it up. I can't see the Ukrainians putting up much of a fight...

Guest Guest

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-26424738

Ultimatum of 3am GMT issued for Ukraine to surrender and talk of NATO sending rapid response force in.

Putin is laughing his ass off at all these weak pathetic western leaders. His occupation of Crtimea is a fate accompli

Pish....here is the real footage....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

So we have less than 5 hours until the apocalypse of Ukraine. I wonder what Putin's next move is?

So we have less than 5 hours until the apocalypse of Ukraine. I wonder what Putin's next move is?

Fucking hell, calm down and have a slice of toast!!!!

Russia will claim back a territory that wishes to be part of, and has always aligned itself to Russia

Other Eastern regions may well follow suit, infact It will be difficult to see how they wont.

Its a "Do bears shit in the Woods scenario..."

Furthermore, for those cynical bastards like me, it would be very "unfortunate" for the Ukraine to head back into the arms of Russia and not head West into the bosom of Europe, I mean, we need another bankrupt nation sucking the fucking life out of us like we need another hole up our arse.

What can the Ukraine do for us that Russia cannot? Erm,make us considerably poorer?

Our notion of democracy differs from many.

Some believe that even a marginal victory entitles them to do what the fuck they like, well 52% of the population may back that but the other 48% dont and thats when it all goes pear shaped.

You win an election then fuck off nearly half the population that didnt actually want you, civil disorder is going to be a given, right?

Lets all sit back and watch the Cabaret.............

It is funny the twist and turns the right here are making over Ukraine in terms of what they supposedly want.

Ukraine: We want to be free of Russia

Daily Mail & Co: Hurrah!

Ukraine: We want to join the EU

Daily Mail & Co: (thinks a minute about all those lovely Ukrainian immigrants taking our fruit-picking jobs and the govt loading their hopeless finances onto the rest of Europe) Fuck off!

• Like 2

It is funny the twist and turns the right here are making over Ukraine in terms of what they supposedly want.

Ukraine: We want to be free of Russia

Daily Mail & Co: Hurrah!

Ukraine: We want to join the EU

Daily Mail & Co: (thinks a minute about all those lovely Ukrainian immigrants taking our fruit-picking jobs and the govt loading their hopeless finances onto the rest of Europe) Fuck off!

Im hoping that Russia decides to chance its arm further West and start dropping troops into Glasgow or summat and................ :ninja:

Don't say that, they already have a bloody great hole in the roof of one pub...

• Like 1

Watch it. You might be having a go at one of his distant relatives!

Well, he probably has no idea that they're his relatives. And in fact I also have suspected that there might have been a bit of "not realising they were related"-type stuff going on between past members of his family who were much less historically remote from each other if you know what I mean!

• Like 1

Guest Guest

I have a question. Why is the west supporting a govt in Kiev that wasn't elected by anyone and who toppled the democratically elected president in a coup? Is Russia not entitled to protect it's supporters in Ukraine? Or am I just really dumb