Deathray

The Ukraine Crisis

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

It would’ve just been 3 minutes of pure booing anyway. Banning them spares the feelings of some hopeful young pop act who’d have had to undeservedly soak up all the vitriol aimed at their horrendous President.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TQR said:

It would’ve just been 3 minutes of pure booing anyway. Banning them spares the feelings of some hopeful young pop act who’d have had to undeservedly soak up all the vitriol aimed at their horrendous President.

Worth pointing out, as superficial a piece of symbolism as it may be, that among those who have shared the phrase "No War" on Russian language Twitter was the artist who represented Russia in the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest, a Russian-Tajiki singer. There's been a lot of pushback from Russian representatives in the public eye. Tennis world number 7 Andrey Rublev (Russian) used his opportunity to write on the camera after his win in a tournament yesterday to write "No War Please". There's been over 200,000 posts containing the words "No War" on Russian language Twitter and the protests taking place in Russia, albeit small in scale, are significant in a country where protest usually leads to arrest. The Russian people are not behind this war and the longer it goes on, and the more of their husbands, sons and brothers start coming home in body bags, the more the pressure will mount on Putin.

• Like 2

The pope went to Russian embassy in Rome:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

The pope went to Russian embassy in Rome:

Yeah I am sure that will make a difference.

Names of Notable Ukranians in danger:

Volodymr Zelenskyy:President

Olena Zelenska:First Lady

Denys Shmyhal:Prime Minister

Valerii Zaluzhnyi:Commander in Chief of Armed Forces

Oleksii Reznikov:Minister of Defence

Serhiy Shaptala: Chief of the general staff of the Ukranian Armed forces

Vitali Klitschko :Mayor of Kyiv

Wladimir Klitschko: Boxwer brother of Vitali who  both vowed to fight

Petro Poroshenko :Former Prime Minister.Currently in Kyiv

25 minutes ago, Sean said:

Names of Notable Ukranians in danger:

Volodymr Zelenskyy:President

Olena Zelenska:First Lady

Denys Shmyhal:Prime Minister

Valerii Zaluzhnyi:Commander in Chief of Armed Forces

Oleksii Reznikov:Minister of Defence

Serhiy Shaptala: Chief of the general staff of the Ukranian Armed forces

Vitali Klitschko :Mayor of Kyiv

Wladimir Klitschko: Boxwer brother of Vitali who  both vowed to fight

Petro Poroshenko :Former Prime Minister.Currently in Kyiv

Is Olena still in Kyiv? She might well have left with their daughter who is 17 and their son who is 9. 

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Is Olena still in Kyiv? She might well have left with their daughter who is 17 and their son who is 9. 

I don`t think so but included her as Zelensky refered to her as target number 2 along with his children whose names I do not know.

21 minutes ago, Sean said:

I don`t think so but included her as Zelensky refered to her as target number 2 along with his children whose names I do not know.

The Daughter’s name is Oleksandra and the son’s name is Kyrolo. 

• Like 1

Sir and Lady Creep are drinking this final bot’l of Ruskie wodka before they are pulled from the shelves.  Enjoy your weekend.

0FC2B5B1-FE6D-4398-8759-38009AB48E87.jpeg

Umm. Well, ignoring that take on feelings today, just here to say that it's not actually 'CUNTO' balsamic vinegar to the left of that vodka inexplicably wearing a 'beer cosy'

Cool as that would have been. 

Maybe 'cunto' will be tomorrow's Wordle answer, just to screw with everyone apart from Deathlisters and Scots. A concentric venn diagram.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Boudicca said:

Umm. Well, ignoring that take on feelings today, just here to say that it's not actually 'CUNTO' balsamic vinegar to the left of that vodka inexplicably wearing a 'beer cosy'

Cool as that would have been. 

Maybe 'cunto' will be tomorrow's Wordle answer, just to screw with everyone apart from Deathlisters and Scots. A concentric venn diagram.

Try Lewdle

• Haha 1

@Grim Up North I tried, but it seems I am really terrible at five letter swear words. Hopelessly shite in fact :( but thanks.

BBC's Lyse Doucet reporting from a basement, currently Sky News reporters up on a roof.

Gawd bless them all and keep them safe.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

BBC's Lyse Doucet reporting from a basement, currently Sky News reporters up on a roof.

Gawd bless them all and keep them safe.

So you're accepting the inevitable then, you haven't even considered lining up a team for round two of the DL Cup?

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So you're accepting the inevitable then, you haven't even considered lining up a team for round two of the DL Cup?

Oh no, I was doomed from the moment Pop Zeus' age baseline for their team was 95.

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Oh no, I was doomed from the moment Pop Zeus' age baseline for their team was 95.

You haven't seen my line up for March - sponsorship from adult nappy providers is nailed on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how Putin is going to react to it not all going to plan. 

For some reason Sean Penn is doing a documentary on the president/the war and is in Kyiv.

20 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

For some reason Sean Penn is doing a documentary on the president/the war and is in Kyiv.

I think he was there before the invasion to make a documentary on the previous invasion(s). And now he's found himself in the current predicament.

• Like 1

I can't stop thinking of the Dad's Army theme.

Who do you think you are kidding Mr. Putin?

:clivedunn:

IMG_20220226_122303.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ukraine is holding out. Impressive. It will fall eventually, but we are getting closer to a full meltdown by Russia. 

• Like 1

The invasion hasn't failed exactly, but progress has definitely not been anywhere near as rapid as they would have liked or probably expected. I did see some comments about how Russian troops were surprised they weren't being greeted as liberators by Ukrainians. After all, their Jewish president is apparently a genocidal Nazi.

• Like 1

Just now, prussianblue said:

The invasion hasn't failed exactly, but progress has definitely not been anywhere near as rapid as they would have liked or probably expected. I did see some comments about how Russian troops were surprised they weren't being greeted as liberators. After all, their Jewish president is apparently a genocidal Nazi.

Putin is actually convinced he is "freeing Ukraine" from "junkies and nazis". He likely expected his troops to be hailed as liberators, local population to arise against the "nazis". A distorted vision of the world, as the reality is he is a sick twisted fuck and most Ukrainians think that. How long before he himself realizes he acted crazily?

TASS site is reporting there will be negotiations with Ukraine in Belarus as Zelensky agreed (true???). That does not mean "the suspension of war", but points against further escalation. 

He thought it would be much much easier... Russia ministry of defense reports no casualties, when it's apparent to everyone this is not the case. Why should you lie if you are winning?

• Like 1

Russia "needs" a success soon, or this is just ridiculous for them. Maybe a capture of Odessa or Kharkiv. If not, someone will put some Polonium into Putin's tea soon.

I'm reading about supply line problems, missing gas, low motivation among Russian soldiers, now the Kremlin websites are down...

Either Putin has been crazier / isolated than we thought, or he actually had to invade now because the country is in an extremely terrible shape and getting worse.

• Like 1