Deathray

The Ukraine Crisis

There were reports before the invasion that the Russian top brass had doubts about the invasion, perhaps because they have a passing acquaintance with reality and understood that Ukraine is vast and the population not exactly enthusiastic about being bombed and turned into refugees. 

Interesting how there's been no big breakout from the Donbass. The Crimean breakout has gone okay but nothing astounding. Kyiv and Kharkiv have proven tougher nuts to crack.

2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.svg.png

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Russia is having great success in alienating even friendly nations. Greece now very angry about the deaths of Greeks in Mariupol, and various countries in eastern Europe have closed their airspace to Russian planes over the course of the day.

Real Life Lore did a very informative video about what is going on.

TLDW: Oil and water for Crimea

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, drol said:

Putin is actually convinced he is "freeing Ukraine" from "junkies and nazis". He likely expected his troops to be hailed as liberators, local population to arise against the "nazis". A distorted vision of the world, as the reality is he is a sick twisted fuck and most Ukrainians think that. How long before he himself realizes he acted crazily?

TASS site is reporting there will be negotiations with Ukraine in Belarus as Zelensky agreed (true???). That does not mean "the suspension of war", but points against further escalation. 

He thought it would be much much easier... Russia ministry of defense reports no casualties, when it's apparent to everyone this is not the case. Why should you lie if you are winning?

Actually it's the people that listen to Western media who have distorted vision of world. They don't realise that their nations have been occupied by bank elites, Big Pharma and global corporations, they think they've been living in "democracy" when in reality we live in some kind of primitive corporatism and a giant lie created by the media. 

Now we are suposed to feel empathy for Ukraine or something which makes no sense because  we're not aware of our own situation.

• Facepalm 8

21 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Actually it's the people that listen to Western media who have distorted vision of world. They don't realise that their nations have been occupied by bank elites, Big Pharma and global corporations, they think they've been living in "democracy" when in reality we live in some kind of primitive corporatism and a giant lie created by the media. 

Now we are suposed to feel empathy for Ukraine or something which makes no sense because  we're not aware of our own situation.

Ambulanza Fantozzi GIF - Ambulanza Fantozzi Ambulanza Fantozzi - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Fuck off you massive twat.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

You are a complete prick.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

This really is the cherry on top of the shite.

You think that, because we have problems, we can’t empathise with others, who have, let’s face it, much more immediate and severe ones?

Cunt of the highest order. Piss off to DeathersList, Engineer.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Now we are supposed to feel empathy for Ukraine or something which makes no sense because  we're not aware of our own situation Russia is the "Goliath" in this situation- the stronger, absolute aggressor.

FTFY.

20 hours ago, Sean said:

I don`t think so but included her as Zelensky refered to her as target number 2 along with his children whose names I do not know.

Based on everything Zelensky's been saying, his family is "in a safe place." There's a claim that there's a video out there of him saying something on the lines of 'I'm here, my family's here, we're just like you (the Ukrainian soldiers),' but I can't find a source on that. 

That said, I'm inclined to believe that as of now his family is still in the country, because the journalists would have sniffed out them fleeing by now. Now, would I call that the smartest move? No. But that's what I do believe to be the case. 

On a kind of related note: while Zelensky's courage cannot be denied, one of the biggest criticisms of him leading up to the invasion was that he couldn't see the big picture. To the moment Russia invaded, he continued to insist that there was no way that was happening and the West was panicking. Should something happen to him, there doesn't seem to be much provision for a Ukrainian government in exile at the moment. Per some of his videos, the top politicos are still in country, including the PM, and so is the only other elected pro-West head of state in Poroshenko. So, the question becomes, what happens if they are captured or killed? No one wants that to happen, but if you're the president, you need to have a plan in place for that happening. 

In the same way that he can't seem to plan for contingencies in political life, keeping his family in the country means he's not planning for contingencies personally either. It's the one really bad move he's made, IMO, and I'm really hoping this is not something people come to regret. 

27 minutes ago, TQR said:

This really is the cherry on top of the shite.

You think that, because we have problems, we can’t empathise with others, who have, let’s face it, much more immediate and severe ones?

Cunt of the highest order. Piss off to DeathersList, Engineer.

We've been poisoned and financially destroyed by vaccines, lockdowns, "health" measures and technology that we're not even aware of. Global institutions like WHO and World economic forum openly talk about "hacking" people with nanotechnology which basically means turning them into complete slaves. Media manipulate with our feelings to focus our attention where they need it. So I think it's logical to say that we shouldn't always fall into this trap and emotionally react to their agenda.

• Facepalm 3

2 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

We've been poisoned and financially destroyed by vaccines, lockdowns, "health" measures and technology that we're not even aware of. Global institutions like WHO and World economic forum openly talk about "hacking" people with nanotechnology which basically means turning them into complete slaves. Media manipulate with our feelings to focus our attention where they need it. So I think it's logical to say that we shouldn't always fall into this trap and emotionally react to their agenda.

wanker-max.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Sometimes in life things are exactly how they seem. There are no big conspiracies going on, I'm not a slave, I've got free will to do what I please as long as laws aren't broken and others don't suffer. I'm grateful for my vaccines, and acknowledge that those that make decisions in democracies are imperfect, make mistakes and are sometimes incompetent, but we choose them to lead us.

People who spout shit like this are allowed to do so because of the freedoms they enjoy, like the rest of us, and for that you should be grateful no matter how much mischief and harm results from it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Exu said:

Sometimes in life things are exactly how they seem. There are no big conspiracies going on, I'm not a slave, I've got free will to do what I please as long as laws aren't broken and others don't suffer. I'm grateful for my vaccines, and acknowledge that those that make decisions in democracies are imperfect, make mistakes and are sometimes incompetent, but we choose them to lead us.

People who spout shit like this are allowed to do so because of the freedoms they enjoy, like the rest of us, and for that you should be grateful no matter how much mischief and harm results from it.

I don't know in which world you live but laws have been broken a lot. Vaccines are unlawful because they haven't been properly tested, health measures in last two years too because they've done more harm and are unconstitutional from start.

Everything that America did in foreign policy was unlawful but still nobody cried when they bombed 3rd world countries together with Israel with the weapon produced by NATO member countries. So I won't cry either if Russia is bombing Ukraine because Ukraine is basically America. 

And there is no freedom of speech too because you can't say something like this (the truth) on social networks etc, only on forums like this.

• Facepalm 4

51 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

I don't know in which world you live but laws have been broken a lot. Vaccines are unlawful because they haven't been properly tested, health measures in last two years too because they've done more harm and are unconstitutional from start.

Everything that America did in foreign policy was unlawful but still nobody cried when they bombed 3rd world countries together with Israel with the weapon produced by NATO member countries. So I won't cry either if Russia is bombing Ukraine because Ukraine is basically America. 

And there is no freedom of speech too because you can't say something like this (the truth) on social networks etc, only on forums like this.

I wish you couldn't. The site loses nothing if you are lost. Similar to others.

You'd think a site devoted to death would realize life is too short to deal with such people. 

• Like 2

Some people would like to post here and look at this topic to keep semi up to date about things. Not read arguments. There is a thread for that elsewhere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tower1 said:

Opinions_a209f7_5273413.thumb.png.29c387da4fb17f6b7fcf319852cf7628.png

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

For some reason Sean Penn is doing a documentary on the president/the war and is in Kyiv.

I'm not disputing Penn's talents, but he was clearly looking the other way when Gareth Southgate selected his penalty takers last summer.

Magomed Tushayev, Chechen warlord president Ramzan Kadyrov's general reportedly killed in Ukraine.

Sadly not Kadyrov himself. He sent around 10,000 soldiers to Ukraine.

• Like 3

prediction. Fifa will not expel Russia for a week or so then will attempt to do so only for CAS to overrule them. Russia then ends up the World Cup by default which then gets cancelled when everyone else withdraws but FIFA can’t expel Russia due to CAS only allowing counties sanctions by the UN to be expelled. 

14 hours ago, Tower1 said:

You really are a stupid cunt of the highest order 

• Like 3

Ukraine Highways Agency asks everyone to help dismantle road signs.

Here's a new one they've made:

Fuck off

Fuck off again

Fuck off back to Russia

274551432_466975525013562_4213161680899585252_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Jwq4X73XBkUAX_NUk-v&tn=BdHgeHu2ObHtX8Ml&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr10-2.fna&oh=00_AT92VW7n0T-BEqdwz0Tc0IjegxOu5zmQOOHGOL9ms09bBQ&oe=621FF786

• Like 1

The is the Youtuber i've been linking. She is safe but also giving updates about the situation.

Also I found out that a Youtuber who makes fan videos about TV shows including Doctor Who is Ukranian. Margarita Life. She is safe so far.

• Like 1

Putin has out the Russian Nuclear forces on high alert. Worrying development. Is he planing on attacking NATO directly. 

Johnny FD is in Kyiv along with Bald and Bankrupt still. Apparently it's faster to walk than to drive to the border.

• Like 1