Deathray

The Ukraine Crisis

18 minutes ago, msc said:

Also, just a word about Putin nuking Kiev. It's one of the greatest cities in the Orthodox Church, as pointed out yesterday by the Lithuanian President, and harming it considerably would be the equivalent to your average religious Russian as a Western Catholic leader trying to blow up Jerusalem. 

Nice catch. I suppose my point was that he's more likely to threaten to nuke a city in Ukraine than a city in NATO. Although personally I don't think we're anywhere near him threatening to nuke anywhere in particular, he's happy to just mention the word 'nuclear' to raise the stakes. His options to keep the West interested in what he has to say have reduced considerably since Thursday morning.

With all the horror going on in Ukraine right now let’s take a moment to laugh at how badly this stupid congressman got owned. I mean, imagine getting owned by the dictionary. 

E0184AC9-E860-4A04-8628-3C306A1A55D7.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

With all the horror going on in Ukraine right now let’s take a moment to laugh at how badly this stupid congressman got owned. I mean, imagine getting owned by the dictionary. 

E0184AC9-E860-4A04-8628-3C306A1A55D7.jpeg

If I've understood his broken English, alt-right sentiments correctly then by his logic, MLK should've worried more about nuclear winters than segregated schools...yep, sounds about right...

Is it just me or doe Putin look a little bit different nowadays?  Not as in a body-double replacement, but his face has that "bloated alcoholic" look that he didn't have a year ago.

Hopefully some close to him will have the opportunity to blow his brains out before the escalates into an all-out European war.

8 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

It's Russian State TV FFS!!!

It isn't like they will be prone to bull shitting.

Look, if they start launching, the West will have to do it too and Russia will cease to exist.

What, exactly, will Putin gain from that? Fuck all.

Well he won't have anywhere to spend the US$200 billion he's squirrelled away, that's for sure :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stonecold said:

Is it just me or doe Putin look a little bit different nowadays?  Not as in a body-double replacement, but his face has that "bloated alcoholic" look that he didn't have a year ago.

Hopefully some close to him will have the opportunity to blow his brains out before the escalates into an all-out European war.

Some have speculated he's dying and on steroids. MPFC has a good post about it on the previous page .

• Like 1

Johnny and Bald have left Kyiv.

first relatively important Ukrainian political individual reported injured that I can see. Not anywhere near the demands of the DL, of course, but might signify an important shift in the war nonetheless. 

In other news, FIFA and UEFA kick Russian teams out instead of simply asking them to compete without the flag and anthem a la IOC:

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/media-releases/fifa-uefa-suspend-russian-clubs-and-national-teams-from-all-competitions

Hockey insider indicates some to come with the IIHF

and the IOC is finally asking for all Russian and Belarussian athletes to be banned instead of simply going the ROC route:

23 minutes ago, CastAway said:

In other news, FIFA and UEFA kick Russian teams out instead of simply asking them to compete without the flag and anthem a la IOC:

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/media-releases/fifa-uefa-suspend-russian-clubs-and-national-teams-from-all-competitions

Hockey insider indicates some to come with the IIHF

and the IOC is finally asking for all Russian and Belarussian athletes to be banned instead of simply going the ROC route:

The IOC have left themselves a get out clause by mentioning that it might not always be legally possible. They know it’s possible CAS will overrule things and they preparing themselves. 

On 26/02/2022 at 23:31, arghton said:

Magomed Tushayev, Chechen warlord president Ramzan Kadyrov's general reportedly killed in Ukraine.

Sadly not Kadyrov himself. He sent around 10,000 soldiers to Ukraine.

Alas, turns out this is fake news.

Seems to have re-emerged in several videos, including this one.

Still on zero notable deaths from this conflict.

• Like 1

The BBC need to move their presenters before getting killed:

17 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I wonder who the bookies have as favourite to replace him on Mastermind……

20 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

I wonder who the bookies have as favourite to replace him on Mastermind……

yeah I bet when he took the Mastermind gig he didn’t think he’d be in direct line of Russian missiles within 6 months - I wonder if it is from a love of being on the front line of the news or if they have contracts that just say they have to go where the BBC send them?

5 days in and they've gradually secured the Azov coast/land bridge to Crimea, and are tentatively creeping up the Dnieper. Still no significant progress in the rest of the Donbas, and Kharkiv is holding them at bay.

I think the main thing to note are the advances towards Kyiv from the east. Clearly going to attempt an encirclement if they can get that far.

2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.svg.png

19 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

On the 6 O'Clock News he put a helmet on halfway through. He'll be fiiiine... :pop:

14 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Alas, turns out this is fake news.

Seems to have re-emerged in several videos, including this one.

Still on zero notable deaths from this conflict.

Not sure if this can be counted "notable" in the sense of the DL, but here's one

• Like 1

Bawjaws got his character read there by a journalist. :lol:

He's gone from a child playing with his toys to a tired looking teenager coming to grips with an essay on European history. 

I predict a no fly zone will be introduced within weeks. There is growing pressure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I predict a no fly zone will be introduced within weeks. There is growing pressure. 

That’d be completely fucking mental.

• Like 1

Yeah, who orders the no-fly zone? Who shoots down the Russian planes?

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, who orders the no-fly zone? Who shoots down the Russian planes?

Agree - if we were going to do this we may as well go the whole hog and just join Ukraine in combat.

It does though raise an interesting question - what would Putin/Russia have to do for NATO to be dragged into the combat.

Would it have to be invasion of a NATO country?

What about a public execution of Zelensky?

Video of war atrocities against Ukrainian civilians is not enough - at the moment the West looks weak and that 40 mile convoy of armed vehicles, tanks etc is going to massacre tens of thousands of Ukrainian civilians in the next few days - okay or not okay? Words won't save them and neither will the Russian economy being 30% weaker in 5 years. Meanwhile we stand by and talk about how terrible it all is.

13 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Would it have to be invasion of a NATO country?

I think so, yes.

28 minutes ago, markb4 said:

I think so, yes.

It may not be a full scale invasion such as we have witnessed in Ukraine but any military incursion into a NATO state. The Baltic states are a particular issue as they are sandwiched between bits of Russia

• Like 2