Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

The Smiths Cover Stars

Richard Bradford will probably end up going this year s he didn't make the cut for my ITC theme theam. He's not really aged well either, very overweight now.

It's strange, I've never paid any attention to The Smiths and don't know much about that them but a lot of the people on the covers are people I'm independently interested in.

You've missed out...

I probably would enjoy them but we all have our prejudices and for me it's militant vegetarions/vegans and I just can't get past that enough to actually listen to the Smiths.

A militant non-meat eating variation of Captain Scarlets nemesis?

Sorry, sometimes I just cannot help myself.

• Like 3

Richard Bradford will probably end up going this year s he didn't make the cut for my ITC theme theam. He's not really aged well either, very overweight now.

It's strange, I've never paid any attention to The Smiths and don't know much about that them but a lot of the people on the covers are people I'm independently interested in.

You've missed out...

I probably would enjoy them but we all have our prejudices and for me it's militant vegetarions/vegans and I just can't get past that enough to actually listen to the Smiths.

A militant non-meat eating variation of Captain Scarlets nemesis?

Sorry, sometimes I just cannot help myself.

The invasion of the militant vegetarions. Film at 11.

• Like 1

There's still some life in the list. I'm not quite ready for: "And what exactly are you famous for, mrs Smith?"

" Getting jiggy with it" would be the reply....

• Like 1

I'm afraid you were right Handy, Richard Bradford death notice: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?n=Richard-Bradford&pid=179024157

I'm afraid you were right Handy, Richard Bradford death notice: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?n=Richard-Bradford&pid=179024157

Just came here to post that. I'm beyond gutted.

Man in a Casket now...

I'm seriously saddened. Wayne Roger's death ruined New Year for me and now this has ruined Easter. T1m Curry or Gene W1lder will probably die around my birthday at this rate.

Its not good :(

First UK obituary I've seen for Richard Bradford, and it wouldn't have qualified for the DDP. http://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-richard-bradford-american-television-and-film-actor-1-4099580

Talking of which, I'm assuming there are still issues with updates as I'm not seeing one. Hope all is well.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2014 at 22:43, themaninblack said:

With Alexandra Bastedo's death earlier this year, I thought I'd compile the list of "cover stars" of the various Smiths singles and albums cover up until their live album "Rank" in 1988...

*snip*
William, It Was Really Nothing (1984) Unknown model

*snip*

@Handrejka @themaninblack Do you think that this one was the recently deceased Colin Campbell from his role in the Leather Boys?

Image result for colin campbell leather boys

Edit: This might actually be the single cover, thinking about it...

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

@Handrejka @themaninblack Do you think that this one was the recently deceased Colin Campbell from his role in the Leather Boys?

That must be from the live version of WIWRN via the "Rank" album in 1988.

This is the original cover from an advert for a hi-fi in 1984:

220px-Williamitwasreallynothing_UKorig.g

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Edit: This might actually be the single cover, thinking about it...

This description suggests it is. (Note to self, think! before googling images).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just looked up Alexandra Bastedo on Wikipedia

She was seriously tidy in her day. Can't we, like, genetically recreate her or something? She's far more attractive than the people I had to look at in Sainsbury's this afternoon

She'd probably have her own Instagram page and be headhunted by the producers of Love Island so we could all get to ogle her