themaninblack

Michael Schumacher

Well indeed. It'll it be case of stick or twist for a lot of teams in the next 48. If he goes, Pass Me the Mike gets the sole glory, if a little pointless in terms of the overall prize, even the theme team one (I think 16 points will be accrued). If Schumi goes in to next year (and that birthday), then teams can cash in.

What an exciting end to what's been a brilliant DDP season. I thought things were a bit too quiet on the Reaper front over Xmas...

• Like 1

Guest Guest

OMG what a sad night for F1. Unconfirmed reports on twitter that Shumackers life support machine has been switched off :(

I really hope that he manages to survive, although it doesn't look too bright. Stay strong, Schumacher. :(

As a tifoso/disgusting casual fan when it comes to F1, Schumi was always my idol (was just slightly too young for Senna). tbh though maybe it's better he dies now than shits the bed in another endless batch of attempts to capture former glory.

His management team say he will race again.

Against Stephen Hawking.

Too soon?

• Like 4

Well officials are stressing that there is no truth to the rumours that Damon Hill forced him into the rocks on the first bend.

• Like 2

Sonny and Schuma-cher?

That one is just wrong on all levels!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Sonny and Schuma-cher?

That one is just wrong on all levels!!!!!!

you forgot to score Mikhail Kalashnikov off your list

Assuming he pulls through till NY, if he's added to the 2014 list he can make first place one last time :)

If he makes it til the 31st, he'll probably survive outright. No sense putting him on the list.

The next 24 hours are crucial. It took Natasha Richardson two days to die so we'll see.

I haven't entered our team yet, and there's just one spare place...

Guest Guest

BREAKING NEWS-Shumacker remains in critical condition and in a coma this morning and has lesions on his brain (whatever that means) acording to doctors press conference. they say they dont know whetehr he will recover or not

This is my fault. I submitted my DDP team early in case I got drunk and forgot, then this happens.

That said, I haven't had a confirmation email from TMIB... Hmmmmm .

*Goes off in search of a 'recall' function on Hotmail...

BREAKING NEWS-Shumacker remains in critical condition and in a coma this morning and has lesions on his brain (whatever that means) acording to doctors press conference. they say they dont know whetehr he will recover or not

I've always found this a funny way of putting things; 'Leave alone you big nosed doctoring cunt, you dress badly and the curtains don't match the decor. That's what I think of your half baked clinic..'

Critical?

They wouldn't know the half of it.

It'd be interesting from a DDP perspective if he hangs on until the 3rd, his birthday...

I'd guess if he hangs on till the 3rd he might do a Sharon, Cracknell or Hammond (i.e. not die)

OMG what a sad night for F1. Unconfirmed reports on twitter that Shumackers life support machine has been switched off :(

Fuck off troll!

• Like 1

It'd be interesting from a DDP perspective if he hangs on until the 3rd, his birthday...

I'd guess if he hangs on till the 3rd he might do a Sharon, Cracknell or Hammond (i.e. not die)

Indeed. No news seems to be good news at this stage. The way some of the experts are talking, such as Dr Gary Hartstein the former official F1 doctor, Michael's injuries aren't as bad as they seemed - the second operation rumours have been rejected, which would suggest that they're keeping the swelling under control without the need for further action (unless of course the hospital really aren't telling us the full picture). That he is in a "critical" condition and in an induced coma are fairly standard practice for this sort of injury - it doesn't tell us much about the severity of the injuries, other than it's at least quite bad

The doctors are just managing expectations at this stage. I can remember several drivers in recent years being in similar situations - Cristiano da Matta, Felipe Massa, Robert Kubica (different sort of injuries but similarly bleak reports at one point), and Richard Hammond as already mentioned. Before that Karl Wendlinger and Mika Hakkinen also had severe head injuries in the 1990s. They all came out of these OK and live normal lives now, even getting back behind the wheel. Racing drivers have very good care, even when doing other things. I've already submitted my DDP team so couldn't stick him in anyway, but at the moment I'm not sure it would be worth the gamble anyway, though it's difficult to tell either way at this stage

What's disappointing in hindsight is the local sources actively saying he was fine in the hours after it. I'm sure he did seem fine in the immediate aftermath of it but it was clear that something larger was wrong - we all know that people who suffer from severe head injuries can appear fine at first. I had an ominous feeling even after these reports - the media clung onto the story which suggests they knew more than they were letting on, i.e. they may have known it was more serious than it seemed but were reluctant to come out and say it, which made it look like, to quote my father, "it was the result of a slow news day". As for the Meribel people, I get the impression their response was more meant to be "no, really, he's fine, our slopes are safe"

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10543442/Next-48-hours-will-determine-whether-Michael-Schumacher-survives-doctors-say.html

Small update here with some new info , apparently he was warned by other skiers not to go off-piste as heavy snow may hide large rocks and the impact was so severe it cracked his helmet.

However he has a great number of lesions on both side of his hemispheres and the next 48 hours will determine whether he survives.

This is where it happened...By the time he noticed those rocks, it was probably too late to steer off or stop.

b7f143.jpg

• Like 1