themaninblack

Michael Schumacher

Aw, (s)he doesn't seem to have any more. It was just a drive-by-guesting..... and then gone.

That's a miracle. Thought he'd never wake at this stage. I wonder how bad he is and to what extent he will recover?

This Hartstein guy's gonna look like a right prick, if he does recover.... seriously.

• Like 1

"Out of coma" doesn't necessarily mean he's A-OK, no? Technically could still be in a vegetative state as that is also "not a coma"

Agreed with Dr Hartstein: http://formerf1doc.w...6/16/good-news/

Yes, to say that he has "left hospital" is a trifle misleading. He's still in hospital, just a different one.

He has now left CHU Grenoble in France and been moved to University Hospital of Lausanne in Switzerland.

Guest Guest

one of the showbiz sites claimed to have a photo of Shumacker walking near his home this afternoon but i think it's a hoax

one of the showbiz sites claimed to have a photo of Shumacker walking near his home this afternoon but i think it's a hoax

Who's Shumacker? :scratchhead:

Reuters: Michael Schumacher's spokesperson says the former Formula One driver is no longer in a coma and has left French hospital

Update: Full story here:

http://news.sky.com/...leaves-hospital

Wakes up in time for Germany's first game of the world cup.

Makes up for missing the Winter Olympics - don't think he would have been too keen on watching the skiing events, though.

So, communicating with eye contact, on a respirator and not speaking. Getting there slowly, the next significant progress will involve raising his middle finger to a picture of Ariel Sharon!

• Like 2

So, communicating with eye contact, on a respirator and not speaking. Getting there slowly, the next significant progress will involve raising his middle finger to a picture of Ariel Sharon!

How long will it take him to communicate the offensive message he wants his wife to post on this forum?

How long will it take him to communicate the offensive message he wants his wife to post on this forum?

Depends, if he goes for the picture = 1000 words option and simply posts a picture of his soiled nappy, maybe later this afternoon.

Or communicating to his wife "can you please legally change my name to Mickey Schiavomacher?"

Wow, never thought he'd make it. Very good news; he's too young to die. And to all you guys who chose him, thinking he was an easy pick for 2014: FAAAIL. :D

• Like 2

Wow, never thought he'd make it. Very good news; he's too young to die. And to all you guys who chose him, thinking he was an easy pick for 2014: FAAAIL. :D

So.....um why didn't you choose him then?! I suppose you still get to gloat but..... just askin'.

For me, when he was still alive after 48 hours, I somehow knew that because of his "status" (i.e. rich and famous. and let's not forget, rich) that they would somehow make extra efforts to keep him alive, perhaps way beyond what would be done for a typical person, and also his level of fitness would benefit him and he has all the mythology of being a "legend" around him so his family would be willing to keep him going even as a vegetable.

Oh, by the way here's another story about his "progress" - so maybe he will somehow regain his "faculties".... (whatever actual non-driving and non-being-an-asshole-to-your-teammate faculties he had, I don't know.... but if any, then that would be nice for him I suppose).

http://www.independe...ss-9544977.html

So.....um why didn't you choose him then?! I suppose you still get to gloat but..... just askin'.
That's because I had already sent my teams when the skiing accident occured. It's against the rules to modify an already submitted team, I reckon.

That's because I had already sent my teams when the skiing accident occured. It's against the rules to modify an already submitted team, I reckon.

So you got luckier than a virgin who somehow wins £100,000 at roulette, and manages to shag a Playboy bunny on the same night.

• Like 1

So you got luckier than a virgin who somehow wins £100,000 at roulette, and manages to shag a Playboy bunny on the same night.

Ah, that wonderful night, I'll never forget it. And I was only 12 at the time.

• Like 2

Jesus christ.....

http://www.dailymail...orts-claim.html

The newspaper reported that a new building with no outside steps has been constructed on the grounds of the mansion. It is thought that this will be used as the long-term care home for Schumacher.

It is understood that he remains paralysed and communicates with his wife and children by fluttering his eyes.

Doctors at the Lausanne clinic hope to have Michael sitting upright in an advanced electronic wheelchair that he can control via his mouth within a few weeks.

According to the Croatian media meanwhile, Croatian doctors Darko Chudy and Vedran Deletis, who have developed a revolutionary microchip implanting technique, have been approached to see if they can help.

It is believed that the microchip may be able to help him to walk and talk again after his extended period in a coma.

"It is believed that the microchip may be able to help him walk and talk again after his extended period in a coma."

Shame we did not have a complete set of these for the England World Cup Squad last month

"It is believed that the microchip may be able to help him walk and talk again after his extended period in a coma."

Shame we did not have a complete set of these for the England World Cup Squad last month

We did, you should have seen the training camp before they were implanted!

A couple of weeks ago, someone stole the Michael Schumacher's patient files and offered them to the media. He got caught and imprisoned and has now committed suicide by hanging:

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/weltspiegel/zuerich-wegen-schumacher-krankenakte-inhaftierter-erhaengt-sich/10299686.html (german link)

A couple of weeks ago, someone stole the Michael Schumacher's patient files and offered them to the media. He got caught and imprisoned and has now committed suicide by hanging:

http://www.tagesspie...h/10299686.html (german link)

English Link via the BBC (who also summarise Schumacher's achievements for those that might have somehow not heard of him).

Another update from the Mail

It is understood he remains mute and immobile with only periodic movements of his eyes. Experts call this the 'minimal consciousness' phase of a coma awakening.