themaninblack

Michael Schumacher

31 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

‘A’ surgeon - not HIS surgeon.  They were very careful to say that.  IOW his comments had the authority of any physician reading a patient’s chart they’ve never treated.

Yeah ....  Claims a surgeon who has not actually seen him.

"Michael Schumacher is ‘very altered, deteriorated and not how we remember him’ claims surgeon 6 years after ski accident"

"We must imagine a person very different from the one we remember on the track, with a very altered and deteriorated organic, muscular and skeletal structure," said Acciari.

55 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yeah ....  Claims a surgeon who has not actually seen him.

"Michael Schumacher is ‘very altered, deteriorated and not how we remember him’ claims surgeon 6 years after ski accident"

"We must imagine a person very different from the one we remember on the track, with a very altered and deteriorated organic, muscular and skeletal structure," said Acciari.

Almost certainly the case to be honest but why this surgeon who has had no dealings with him needs to tell us what we already know is beyond me.

15 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

If it's in the scum,  it must be true. 

I'm with you with you on that. Truly shite paper.

Can you give us a bit more of the article?  It's not letting me in even though I've deactivated the adblocker.  Might be paywalled.

Cheers, Spade, I hadn't seen that one.

So, he still watches races and might emerge into some kind of public life around the time Lewis Hamilton beats Schumi's all time record of victories. 

On balance, I would leave him off the 2021 list. The fact he's lasted 8 years in his current state indicates that he is in a relatively stable condition. Yes there's a decent chance he could die next year but I would say there's far more chance of someone with stage 3 or 4 cancer or MND passing away. He could potentially live for another 20 or even 30 years like this. 

• Like 3

Schumacher is, and likely never will be the man he was. But he wouldn't be my choice to put on the DL list. It would take a bad luck of complications for him to die soon I think. 

A much better choice would be Sir Frank Williams. 

• Like 5

A strange article in which everyone seems to speak of Michael in the past tense, as if he had died.

Could just be a translation issue, I suppose.

Michael Schumacher health latest: Wife Corinna makes emotional tribute in rare speech

CORINNA Schumacher, the wife of stricken Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher, has made a rare public appearance in order to accept an award on behalf of her husband - taking the opportunity to offer him an emotional tribute.

Mrs Schumacher collected the honorary award from the International Automobile Federation (FIA) racing association - almost seven years on from the skiing accident which left him with serious head injuries, from which he continues to recover. She told assembled dignitaries:

"He loved racing so much.  Michael always had a big heart for people in need."

Schumacher, who inspired the launch of the Keep Fighting Foundation which his family administers, was honoured for his commitment to the FIA's road safety campaigns, as well as for his commitment to charity.  He is understood to have donated more than £15million to charity in his life.  Mrs Schumacher added:

"It was a pleasure for him to do all these things.  With the Keep-Fighting Foundation, we want to continue the things that he initiated."

The event had been scheduled to take place in Munich, but the venue was switched to a Geneva hotel, featuring a handful of guests including Mrs Schumacher herself.

FIA President Jean Todt, a close friend of the family who was head of the Ferrari team during the Schumacher era, was also present.

He added: "Michael was always ready to support anything that helps society."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1375198/Michael-Schumacher-health-latest-update-wife-Corinna-Schumacher-speech-F1-legends-accident

22 minutes ago, Toast said:

A strange article in which everyone seems to speak of Michael in the past tense, as if he had died.

I guess they're talking about it from the point of view of 'he can't be involved in these kinds of things anymore' (at least not publicly). And some of it seems to be referring to his career in motor racing, which is past tense anyway.

I do wonder if he'll ever resurface, the fact his son is about to start in F1 would be some incentive but despite the persistent rumours I don't know how practical it is. And Mick certainly won't be winning any races any time soon in the car he's in.

On 31/07/2021 at 20:48, Bentrovato said:

An advert for an upcoming documentary about Schumacher. Still in the same state. Still receiving the same treatment. Michael Schumacher health latest: What we know about F1 legend's devastating condition (msn.com)

The documentary will air on Netflix next week. His wife says "Michael is here, but different":

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/sep/08/michael-schumachers-wife-provides-update-on-former-f1-world-champion

• Sad 1

On 09/09/2021 at 11:41, gcreptile said:

The documentary will air on Netflix next week. His wife says "Michael is here, but different":

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/sep/08/michael-schumachers-wife-provides-update-on-former-f1-world-champion

Sounds like the spiritual successor to the astronauts wife.

Sad story really. His wife should have pulled the plug years ago but can't let go and he'll die 20 or so years from now when the money runs out having had virtually no life since the accident.