Estuarian Float

Barbara Walters

5 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Got a feeling she will go this year and be a miss.

Snap!I think her being unusually low key for her milestone 90th birthday was not a good sign. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised she wasn't on DL2020.  Perfect type of name.  I don't do the prediction thing, but I'd have been wrong here, as she seemed a lock as an addition, ala Larry King.  I would consider her a big MISS by the Committee should she perish.  Hell, I might start a 'biggest miss' thread (NO I won't...)

• Like 1

If you only have Barbara Walters on the list one time,2020 would be the year to do so.

• Like 2

A year too soon for this pick.  
Last post of the night.  Bye.

On 25/09/2017 at 17:26, msc said:

Barbara Walters (allegedly), Jill Gascoine, Joanne Woodward, Winnie Ewing, Prunella Scales... Monica Vitti and Jeanne Mockford iirc...

There's practically enough of them out there for a Famous Women With Dementia theme team...

It’s interesting that over four years later only two of those are dead. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Yeah, that's life for you. Or no life, in the case of Miss Gascoine...

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Sad really given how awful a disease it is to live with.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2021 at 19:41, The Old Crem said:

Lots of perennial dementia names out there currently. Joanne Woodward has had it for around 12 years, Prunella Scales for around 7-8 years, Monica Vitti for an unknown period of time but apparently over 20 years. Not sure about Ewing. There's also a couple of more, some I recently mentioned in Vitti's thread. Especially Woodward, Vitti, Carmen Sevilla (9 years in late stages) and Pasqual Maragall (15 years?) suprise me. The cold season could wipe out a couple of them.

11 minutes ago, arghton said:

Lots of perennial dementia names out there currently. Joanne Woodward has had it for around 12 years, Prunella Scales for around 7-8 years, Monica Vitti for an unknown period of time but apparently over 20 years. Not sure about Ewing. There's also a couple of more, some I recently mentioned in Vitti's thread. Especially Woodward, Vitti, Carmen Sevilla (9 years in late stages) and Pasqual Maragall (15 years?) suprise me. The cold season could wipe out a couple of them.

At least since 2014 as when Margo MacDonald died, there was some surprise that Ewing had outlived her given her health at that time. 

It's now 3 years or so since Prunella Scales was shown a memorial to Princess Diana on the TV and asked "Oh did she die?" which the most blatant late stage dementia thing I've ever seen broadcast on TV.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

At least since 2014 as when Margo MacDonald died, there was some surprise that Ewing had outlived her given her health at that time. 

It's now 3 years or so since Prunella Scales was shown a memorial to Princess Diana on the TV and asked "Oh did she die?" which the most blatant late stage dementia thing I've ever seen broadcast on TV.

If I remember rightly her only appearance during  the referendum campaign was a video filmed from home talking about how pensioners should vote. I don’t think she has been heard from since..

Its been 21 years since Prunella was diagnosed now. 

20 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

If I remember rightly her only appearance during  the referendum campaign was a video filmed from home talking about how pensioners should vote. I don’t think she has been heard from since..

Its been 21 years since Prunella was diagnosed now. 

Aye, but Prunella thinks it was last week!

• Haha 2

On 02/12/2021 at 22:25, arghton said:

speaking of Carmen Sevilla, I did'n't follow but I found on multiple articles online that she died on the 11th of October 2020 : hoax right ? 

20 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

speaking of Carmen Sevilla, I did'n't follow but I found on multiple articles online that she died on the 11th of October 2020 : hoax right ? 

Why don't you use the search function on this forum and find out for yourself? ;)

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Why don't you use the search function on this forum and find out for yourself? ;)

Because of that damn function which works 1 of 10 times 

I think she still has years left even though she's 93 this year. I think she'll make it to 102.

• Facepalm 4

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/books/2021/06/24/susan-page-barbara-walters-biography-coming-out-2023/5328463001/

The article's over a year old now, but given how little we've heard of Barbara Walters in the past 6 years a biography could tell us more about her current condition, if her later years are included ofc

That said I do think she's just got dementia and could probably go next year

• Like 1

Barbara's caretakers keep her from watching the news because she thinks she should be covering them and gets enraged.

She has "few lucid moments" now, is seemingly in her appartment all the times:

https://okmagazine.com/p/barbara-walters-caretakers-stop-her-from-watching-news-broadcasts-prevent-outbursts/

• Like 5

Oh for God's sake.

An egregious miss by the committee.  This is as if the heavens had her die on Dec. 30 to rub it in.  

• Like 3