Guest Guest

Juan Carlos I of Spain

BREAKING NEWS- One of the longest reigning monarchs in Europe and the world is to abdicate later this year! http://www.theguardi...los-to-abdicate

A colleauge started reading this story from the BBC website and I thought he was going to say has died rather than will abdicate

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS- One of the longest reigning monarchs in Europe and the world is to abdicate later this year! http://www.theguardi...los-to-abdicate

I was gonna post that earlier but couldn't be arsed to search for the correct thread. Can't tell if this involves health reasons...... cos I can't be arsed to wade through the bloody articles....... anyway I was thinking about listing him next year, he looks like sheeyit.

Edited by Magere Hein
Topic split from topic "Prince Phillip Duke of Edinburgh"

In case anyone didn't see the news reports last night and this morning...... and it's definitely health-related, 'cus he was staggering about with a walking stick in each hand.

We should have a race between him and Duke Philip. Who does everyone think will go first out of those two pampered codgers?

As far as I'm aware his mobility issues are due to dodgy hips - which doesn't necessarily mean he is at death's door.

Having said that, the 93 year old Prince Philip does appear to be in better nick compared to the other Juan.

[tumbleweed]

• Like 3

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 03:17, YoungWillz said:

Yes. He is a sex addict. At the momento, he has more than 30 illegitimate sons and daughters. The oldest of them is in her fifties right now and lives in Switzerland, where she's being taken care of at the taxpayer expense. She's mentally challenged, as are some others, Infanta Elena for example. As a Bourbon, what can you expect after centuries of inbreeding?

He's also bloodthirsty. He loves hunting and bullfighting. Tell it to Alfonso de Borbon y Borbon, or Sandra Mozarowsky.

The former King of Spain might be close to kick the bucket. Workers from Zarzuela palace report that he's not able to walk anymore without help. That he holds onto furniture to move through the palace. He gets lost in his own house.

http://www.zoomnews.es/sites/default/files/images/201309/don_juan_carlos_rey_getty_230913.jpg 

He looks like theres nothing there anymore.

A month ago, his abscence on the 40th anniversary of the first democratic elections after Franco's regime wasn't unnoticed, could that be because of health problems?. He loses his temper too frequently and he doesnt even care anymore if he's in public. He had a fit of rage because his driver "didn't even know how to park properly". Some weeks ago he shouted to an associate of his in the middle of a restaurant because journalists appeared and he considered it was his fault. He talks nonsense too often lately.

Anyway, keeping in mind that he's always been a drunkard that never worked in his life and his genes are defective, I'd say it'd be a miracle if he makes it to 2018. If he manages to achieve it, he'd be a good candidate for next year's list. Just sayin.

About Don Juan Carlos vs Prince Phillip, I'd say the former has way more chances of... winning? Despite being younger (He'll be 80 in january).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bentrovato said:

Dead by Tuesday.

Which Tuesday?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Which Tuesday?

The Tuesday he dies..

• Confused 1

https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/03/14/gente/1521028007_024539.html

King Juan Carlos will return to the operating room
The father of Felipe VI will be intervened again in April to solve a problem in the prosthesis of his right knee

Don Juan Carlos de Borbón, who last January turned 80, will go through the operating room again in April because of a problem, again, in his right knee. It will be the surgical intervention number 15 to which the King emeritus is submitted. In June 2011, the doctors put a prosthesis on that knee that they are now forced to touch up due to the mobility problems that they are creating. Don Juan Carlos has spent five years helping himself first with crutches and then with a cane to move around. The King emeritus has always downplayed these things to what he calls "screw problems" and ensures good health.

He doesn't want to lose to Prince Phillip it seems:lol:

• Like 1

On 05/01/2018 at 11:47, Bentrovato said:

Dead by Tuesday.

Which Tuesday??

2 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Which Tuesday??

The one after Monday of course. 

He's going to DIE because he needs his knee/prosthesis adjusted?  :huh:

Returning to Spain after corruption charges dropped: Juan Carlos eyes return to Spain as corruption cases close | World | The Times

Also "planning own funeral" now, which sources claim is not ominous at all, honest: King Juan Carlos says he ”must now think” of his own funeral – Royal Central

He's one of those people I often forget is still alive probably as he's been ill for yonks and is much less in the limelight these days.