gcreptile

Businesspeople, Investors, CEO's

49 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Any chance they mention Sasha Lakovich in there somewhere?  smh

Oh, quit bitching. Lakovic doesn't have an obit, and he won't get an obit. Obit punts don't always work. I have two list of losters including my joker, but do you see my continuing to complain about the obitlessness of those two? Absolutely not. There's a reason why they are punts, they aren't guaranteed to gather an qualifying obituary, but you keep bitching about a failed punt. I know msc has a lot of failed punts, but do you see him moping around the forums, constantly asking if there's a mention of his nonobiters in a qualifying source? No, he does not. He might mention a what if, but that nowhere as annoying as your constant asking of an obituary for someone who's not getting one. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting annoyed by your constant moping for something that won't happen. Grow the fuck up and move on!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Clearly I'm not moping enough then! :D

• Like 1

Guys, wanna meetup at Death Cafe? or we can just crash Clive Dunn's former residence :D

15 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Jeff Brotman, Chairman and co-founder of Costco, has died.

Edit: Daily Mail

I just wanted to chime in that CostCo is the greatest company in the world.  I"m just a customer and have no horse in the race, no stock options lol etc.  It's a great goddamn company.
SC

• Like 1

Any place where you can buy a giant tub of redvines in the same aisle as blue jeans will always be cool

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I just wanted to chime in that CostCo is the greatest company in the world.  I"m just a customer and have no horse in the race, no stock options lol etc.  It's a great goddamn company.
SC

And does pizza to die for!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

deathlist.net is sponsered by Costco ™ and Costco Concession Stands/Food Courts ™

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FixedBusiness said:

... and Costco Concession Stands/Food Courts ™

Where I can frequently be found.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

deathlist.net is sponsered by Costco ™ and Costco Concession Stands/Food Courts ™

How many free pizzas do we get?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

They could do worse.

I could sell gold memberships more than anyone.....I should be a sales rep.
We saved about $500/year in insurance going through CostCo.

The dealership I bought a vehicle at in 2005 said the used car loan I got (through CostCo) was the lowest interest rate they'd ever seen.

Both of these were using my gold membership ($110 then, I think $150 now) and you'd NEVER have to step in the brick n mortar store.
See...aren't you ready to be a gold member now?  We SHOULD be sponsored by CostCo, we could do worse.

SC

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

How many free pizzas do we get?

29; 1 for each year deathlist has been alive. (soon to be 30)

14 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

They could do worse.

I could sell gold memberships more than anyone.....I should be a sales rep.
We saved about $500/year in insurance going through CostCo.

The dealership I bought a vehicle at in 2005 said the used car loan I got (through CostCo) was the lowest interest rate they'd ever seen.

Both of these were using my gold membership ($110 then, I think $150 now) and you'd NEVER have to step in the brick n mortar store.
See...aren't you ready to be a gold member now?  We SHOULD be sponsored by CostCo, we could do worse.

SC

The Executive membership is $120.00; regular Gold Star membership is $60.00. Worth every damn penny.

• Like 2

Max De Pree, CEO of Herman Miller, Inc., wrote bestselling books on servant leadership transcended his role leading the iconic company started by his dad and named after his grandfather.

De Pree is credited with continuing the Michigan company's tradition of pushing the envelope in design and fostering a workplace culture that valued employees.  De Pree died Tuesday, Aug. 8 at age 92 at his Holland home, according to his obituary. Visitation will be Thursday and Friday, and a funeral service is planned for Saturday, Aug. 12.

He is now seated at the right hand of the Father --- in an Aeron.
SC

On 4/9/2015 at 15:09, DevonDeathTrip said:

There has been so little information released about the health of Samsung chief Lee Kun-Hee, who has been in hospital for nearly a year, that the Korean press are speculating he may have died some time ago.

Must admit I forgot entirely about him... two years later, he remains in the same enigmatic hospitalized state and his family has requested his International Olympic Committee membership not be renewed as a result.

6 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Must admit I forgot entirely about him... two years later, he remains in the same enigmatic hospitalized state and his family has requested his International Olympic Committee membership not be renewed as a result.

One of those who, because they keep lingering on, sans publicity, you sort of forget, or pass over. See also Richie Kara.

Also, I suppose Joanne Woodward, who has meant to be in end stage Alzheimer's allegedly for 4 or 5 years now.

On 8/9/2017 at 08:51, Sir Creep said:

Max De Pree, CEO of Herman Miller, Inc., wrote bestselling books on servant leadership transcended his role leading the iconic company started by his dad and named after his grandfather.

De Pree is credited with continuing the Michigan company's tradition of pushing the envelope in design and fostering a workplace culture that valued employees.  De Pree died Tuesday, Aug. 8 at age 92 at his Holland home, according to his obituary. Visitation will be Thursday and Friday, and a funeral service is planned for Saturday, Aug. 12.

He is now seated at the right hand of the Father --- in an Aeron.
SC

Tough crowd.

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Sir David Tang, a Hong Kong businessman who also wrote an agony uncle column in the Financial Times, has died aged 63.

Edit: Daily Mail, Daily MirrorThe Telegraph obituaries.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had him on my shortlist and was tempted to play him in the Elizabeth Dead Pool, but still wanted to hide him in case he made the starting line. Ah, with his prognosis, I wasn't expecting him to make it anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had him on my shortlist and was tempted to play him in the Elizabeth Dead Pool, but still wanted to hide him in case he made the starting line. Ah, with his prognosis, I wasn't expecting him to make it anyways. 

Didn't I say a week or two ago there was someone that no one was mentioning but everyone knew, and it was almost farcical? Cant mind now.

Anyhow, it were him.

I don't remember you saying that tbh, but I would've figured out it was him. He would've been on deathrace for sure had he made the starting line, and had an 80% chance of making my DDP team, as while he would've only been worth 8 points, he was interesting enough that he would've been worth it. 

• Like 1