gcreptile

Businesspeople, Investors, CEO's

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I don't remember you saying that tbh, but I would've figured out it was him. He would've been on deathrace for sure had he made the starting line, and had an 80% chance of making my DDP team, as while he would've only been worth 8 points, he was interesting enough that he would've been worth it. 

He would have been on my team as it stands, but, its August. Better picks will appear later in the year. Always do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

He would have been on my team as it stands, but, its August. Better picks will appear later in the year. Always do.

Yeah, they always do. So I can't complain too much. 

My research apparently has upward potential as I didn't know about him. And I haven't yet found the Rayya Elias or Gary DeCarlo of 2018 yet.

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

My research apparently has upward potential as I didn't know about him. And I haven't yet found the Rayya Elias or Gary DeCarlo of 2018 yet.

Honestly surprised that you didn't know about him. Wonder if it have to do with location...

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Honestly surprised that you didn't know about him. Wonder if it have to do with location...

Possibly. Even with using a very obvious search term I just couldn't find the "revealing" article.

44 minutes ago, BeretBleu said:

Bernard Tapie (former adidas CEO, and OM president) has a terminal cancer according to one of his friend.

http://www.zinfos974.com/Bernard-Tapie-atteint-d-un-cancer-generalise_a119235.html

Enough famous for the comitee ? 

For a minute there I honestly thought you were talking about Elton John's writing partner. Then I realized that it was the wrong thread...

• Like 1

Ah, Tapie. Had heard rumblings but figured he was far too big a figure to be successfully kept secret.

Went to jail for rigging a Champions League (and other stuff), you know.

Probably the most (in)famous European football chairmen of the early 1990s along with Berlusconi and Jesus Gil. Definitely worthy of a DL spot imho.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BeretBleu said:

we have more news about Bernard Tapie.

He has stomach cancer with metastasize in oesaphagus.

But he and his family are "optimistic".

https://www.ouest-france.fr/politique/bernard-tapie/bernard-tapie-souffre-d-un-cancer-de-l-estomac-revele-sa-femme-5268444

So was Charles Bradley and Ronnie James Dio...

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Sir Richard Greenbury, former Chairman and Chief Executive of Marks & Spencers (1988-1999), has died aged 81.

Probably just after saying "M&S? I wouldn't be seen dead in one of their suits" and guffawing.

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Probably just after saying "M&S? I wouldn't be seen dead in one of their suits" and guffawing.

But I'm sure he had their underclothes, just like the rest of Britain! After all their cut is excellent... apparently.

Just now, Joey Russ said:

:clivedunn:

Ah, Dreswky in the Dead of 2017 thread... ah well, I think it's ok to post it in the general thread and the topical thread.

• Like 2

Surprised this wasn't posted.
Paul Otellini, the CEO of Intel from 2005 to 2013, died in his sleep October 2nd. He was 66. Intel has not released the cause of death.

The German Billionaire Karl-Heinz Kipp, founder of the Massa chain, dead at 93.

No English obit so far.

Interesting to us, as he was the ganddad to 'Hey Negrita' founder Felix Bechtolsheimer, who is a former Heroin addict.

Just awaiting for him to slip back to his old ways.....

George Soros has donated 3/4 of his multi-billion fortune to his democracy foundation.

Executive chair of Provident, Manjit Wolstenholme, dies suddenly at 53. Either that or she's hiding behind the sofa with the lights off waiting for the Provvy lady to go away.

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I don’t think the Anthony Mascolo you linked to on Wiki is the same person?

Oops you're right - I believe that's a relative.

• Like 1