gcreptile

Businesspeople, Investors, CEO's

10 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

That's sad news. I know a couple of people that work for Medtronic.

• Like 1

I thought Greatbatch held the patents for various pacemaker stuff, and not Medtronic.

They developed them true, but I wouldn't say Bakken was the inventor.

On 10/07/2018 at 08:39, alt obits guy said:

Gilberto Benetton, co-founder of the Benetton clothing empire has died.  He was 77.  That's two siblings gone in the span of less than four months.

http://www.themeditelegraph.com/en/transport/2018/10/22/gilberto-0KNtSY6yEDqWRdIXy7c4EO/index.html

So 2 out of the 4 Benetton siblings die since July?

Luciano + Giuliana straight onto next years lists.

• Like 1

Wolfgang Mayrhuber, former Chairman and CEO of Deutsche Lufthansa AG, passed away last Saturday, December 1st, 2018, at the age of 71, due to a serious illness. 
SC

Pizza Express founder Peter Boizot, dead aged 89.

3 minutes ago, time said:

Pizza Express founder Peter Boizot, dead aged 89.

I may have used this one before....

No suggestion he topped himself? (Yeah, it's a cheesy one, not one of my supreme efforts).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

I may have used this one before....

No suggestion he topped himself? (Yeah, it's a cheesy one, not one of my supreme efforts).

That fell a bit flat.

Bloodhound SSC is dead....

Bloodhound SSC heeft het geld bij elkaar

Not a person, but a project. Not sure where to put that so I thought "Inventors".

Bloodhound SSC is a project to propel a person over the 1000MPH barrier on land. 

Very interesting article on my DDP pick Thuy Thanh Truong and why she's an interesting pick:

http://vietcetera.com/salt-cancer-initiatives-thuy-muoi-is-the-queen-of-startups-and-the-queen-of-problems/?fbclid=IwAR1c1P-fdCDeWGIbNX8uj5JmD6en25TjTYYInHeosDjjWb6-ZMQhihE1tVk

She's handling this all very professionally. And because of that, she was not one for this year (now we know). However, the cancer will follow her for the rest of her life.

On 05/06/2018 at 15:34, Death Impends said:

David Koch is stepping down from the Koch business/political network due to deteriorating health.

Even though there's countless others like him doing the same thing, good riddance nevertheless.

Who wants a vague update on Koch in the middle of a Politico article?

They are clues to the direction in which the Koch network will move over the coming years as Chase Koch assumes a larger responsibility for the sprawling network, which spent $400 million on policy and politics alone over the past two years, and millions more on educational and philanthropic initiatives. And they come at a time when succession is suddenly top of mind. Earlier this year, Chase Koch’s uncle David, who is 78 years old and in declining physical and mental health, according to people familiar with his situation, left his roles at the Koch network and Koch Industries. Though Charles, 83, remains in control of the network, it is widely expected that his leadership role will be taken on by Chase, with help from several longtime Koch aides.

Oh, and it might be linked to a two decade fight against cancer.

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Shame it wasn't the HQ host tbh. 

For fucking real. That guy pisses me off so much, and there's many of these HQ Trivia-like games around the app store that I've seen and, believe me, their hosts are about as annoying as him.

If Google translate does its work right, then Thuy Thanh Truong had to delay the publication of a book because her health is too bad at the moment, and she needs major surgery:

https://www.giadinhmoi.vn/hoi-ky-chien-dau-voi-ung-thu-cua-thuy-muoi-doi-ngay-xuat-ban-vi-ly-do-dac-biet-d17453.html