gcreptile

Businesspeople, Investors, CEO's

3 minutes ago, adrian0719 said:

Oleg Tinkov, facing charges from US Department of Justice, has announced he has acute leukemia

Yeah, had to come with something and it was all he could t'ink of.

• Haha 1

Hong Kong magnate Arnaldo de Oliveira Sales dead at 100. Just a run-of-the-mill HK elder businessman, but the thing I remark is he spent the last 10 years in hospital. The same hospital Stanley Ho has been since last year at very least. A heck of a wait.

• Like 1

Rumors going around that Benard Tapie is nearing the end, although he seems to deny it. Apparently he is losing his voice, which has put an end to his theatre ambitions at the very least.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Ken King, the former president & CEO of the NHL's Calgary Flames, has died. He was 68.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/former-flames-president-and-ceo-ken-king-has-died-1.4850908

What’s with the management of the Flames - dropping like flies the past couple years

On 09/05/2018 at 18:12, gcreptile said:

Bernard Tapie now has esophageal cancer added to his stomach cancer, but it seems to be that he's currently doing ok:

https://www.femmeactuelle.fr/actu/news-actu/bernard-tapie-double-cancer-y-croit-quand-meme-49742

Listening to the Totally Football Euro podcast, Julien Laurens says Tapie now has lung cancer as well. We also missed he had skin cancer earlier in his life.

21 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Sol Kerzner, founder of Sun City and hotel tycoon, dead at 84: https://www.capetownetc.com/news/southern-sun-hotel-group-founder-dies/

Provided a QO comes through, that's my first unique of the year on my main team.

Sol Kerzner QO: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2020/03/22/sol-kerzner-hard-nosed-businessman-developed-controversial-gambling/

;)

Bill Braum, the founder of burger and ice cream joint Braum’s has died

I actually used to eat there a lot when I lived in Oklahoma, and while the burgers were meh the ice cream was very good. Ah well...

It's too bad he lived just long enough to see the decimation of his industry.  Cruise lines will never fully recover from this.

A lot of industries that are a bit pointless could be not returning after this. Cruises are definitely top of that list for me (since I get seasick after 30 minutes of being in a boat).

In a world that makes sense, I’d agree. However, the folk in the us does like a good bailout of all the corrupt businesses because they only care about the rich...

It's worth mentioning that  Sir Stirling Moss was doing alright until his fateful cruise trip in 2016. That infection was the beginning of the end for him. 

• Like 1

I did read that the cruise forums are full of people who are desperate to go on their next cruise.

I suppose there might be some good deals to entice people back, as well. Time will tell, this is uncharted territory.