Rotten Ali

Ebola and Other Viruses

We really need to alter the title of this thread.

Every time I see it Im thinking its about some new Man City signing.

The Cafferkey Carousel

• Like 2

Hemorrhagic Hell makes Deadpools Swell!

• Like 1

I have a feeling one day a strain of ebola will wipe out millions.One of the worse diseases.

• Like 1

Yeah, like in 2014. Billions dead worldwide before new year, iirc.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Yeah, like in 2014. Billions dead worldwide before new year, iirc.

..........except in 2018 there are 'quite a few' economic migrants determined to make it to Europe.

All those packed holding centres, all those missing migrants............:D

Need another Spanish Flu for certain, as snowflakes  shite scared of having a War.

3 hours ago, charon said:

Not reported in Norway at all. We have Africans pouring into Norway/Scandinavia like crazy. With such a large group of immigrants, and with family reunification being a huge situation, it is the perfect storm. Our politicians suck. 

4 hours ago, paddyfool said:

The death toll from the North Kivu outbreak is currently at 1563 and climbing https://www.who.int/ebola/situation-reports/drc-2018/en/

Attempts to curtail the outbreak are being hindered by militant attacks on medical personnel and widespread misinformation https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-48745413

Darwinism at play. I say let them enjoy their death orgy in peace. 

12 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Darwinism at play. I say let them enjoy their death orgy in peace. 

Not really Darwinism when the people getting shot include doctors etc.

Also, letting an ebola outbreak spread "in peace" threatens the rest of the world. 

Also also, that's generally a pretty shitty thing to say. Were you having a bad day?

On 01/07/2019 at 19:34, paddyfool said:

Not really Darwinism when the people getting shot include doctors etc.

Also, letting an ebola outbreak spread "in peace" threatens the rest of the world. 

Also also, that's generally a pretty shitty thing to say. Were you having a bad day?

Wasn't talking about the doctors. But the people who endanger their lives and others with superstitions and attacking medical workers. Not really a shitty thing to say. Mother nature has a way of balancing it out. Europeans went through a few diseases and eventually they developed an immune system and resistance to a few diseases.That will never happen with constant intervention and help for the Africans.

The truth is still the truth on a good day or a bad day and I don't let my emotions and personal feelings cloud my judgement or opinions.You,I imagine being a liberal base and form most of your opinions on emotion and think I do the same(i.e saying i'm having a bad day),but my opinions are based on facts and I don't change my opinions depending on my mood. Liberals (progressives) do it's why the world is such a mess.

Everyone likes to think that those who think as they do are the more rational, and that those who disagree are more emotional and irrational. But there are wise people, fools and madmen on both sides of most mainstream political divides. 

Ebola, after the deeply unpleasant experience of bleeding internally and from every orifice while also having high fevers, vomiting, diarrhoea, joint pains etc, kills about half of those it infects, and usually leaves survivors in one or more of the positions of being bereaved, traumatised, stigmatised, or disabled.  This is only the second large outbreak we've seen; the first wreaked havoc on the three countries of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, particularly devastated their health systems, since healthcare workers were dying by catching the virus off their patients; and it took the US, British, and French militaries working in concert plus the invention of a vaccine to stop it.  

No such western military intervention is taking place in the eastern part of the DRC as of yet. This outbreak has yet to truly go international; Ugandan containment efforts have so far been up to the task of stopping spread across their border, and it seems yet to have reached the other borders of the DRC. It may yet be stopped or burn out without such intervention, but only time will tell.

Incidentally: "Europeans went through a few diseases and eventually they developed an immune system and resistance to a few diseases.That will never happen with constant intervention and help for the Africans."...

The whole world's population has been through quite a few diseases and developed resistance. But I don't think that the European population has any advantage to the African population in this way, nor that they are any more evolved overall.  Differently adapted to different environments, with different points on the sunburn:vitamin D deficiency axis, or on the haemoglobinopathy: malaria susceptibility axis, certainly.  But not better or worse overall. 

• Like 1

I like Johns Hopkins CSSE's webpage for tracking the spread and impact of the coronavirus

I'm pretty sure China may be giving false reports on the death count and it's bigger than that.