Sign in to follow this  
Vaagheid

Dick Bruna

He has been mentioned here before, but Dick Bruna apparently hasn't made a new book since 2011 (sorry link is Dutch)

www.zie.nl/achterklap/dick-bruna-al-sinds-2011-gestopt-met-tekenen/qj3zxnvf619c

I believe i saw him on Utrecht central station a couple of years ago... looking very frail...

He has been mentioned here before, but Dick Bruna apparently hasn't made a new book since 2011 (sorry link is Dutch)

www.zie.nl/achterklap/dick-bruna-al-sinds-2011-gestopt-met-tekenen/qj3zxnvf619c

I believe i saw him on Utrecht central station a couple of years ago... looking very frail...

He announced his retirement last month.

http://www.nltimes.nl/2014/07/30/nijntje-creator-dick-bruna-retires/

There was a news segment about the 60 year anniversary of the Miffy-character last night, in it they said that Dick Bruna won't be present during the celebration because he is far too frail...

There was a news segment about the 60 year anniversary of the Miffy-character last night, in it they said that Dick Bruna won't be present during the celebration because he is far too frail...

Of course frail isn't the same as dead, but I just kicked him from my theme team because I couldn't find any recent health information on him. Traitors.

regards,

Hein

Of course frail isn't the same as dead, but I just kicked him from my theme team because I couldn't find any recent health information on him. Traitors.

regards,

Hein

There hasn't been much news on him since his retirement 5 months ago.

MFY2.jpg

I remember me and my sister reading that in an Amsterdam department store. We were both in floods of tears - it's a heart breaking book.

Really sad news. I love Miffy.

Hit number 4 for me in my Nederlandse Deadpool (2011 edition). At this rate I'll have them all by 2026.

• Like 3