Spade_Cooley

Sir Cliff Richard

Maybe they should - like - get together and talk it over!

Nah, they don't talk anymore.

That's so funny....

• Like 1

That's so funny....

Was that the B-side ? :scratchhead:

That's so funny....

No its part of the lyric

"Its so funny we don't talk anymore...." :banghead:

That's so funny....

No its part of the lyric

"Its so funny we don't talk anymore...." :banghead:

Cliff fact - that was one of the few Cliff singles that shifted a fair few copies in the USA.

It is still going to be months until we learn if they have decided to press ahead with charges: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sir-cliff-richard-will-learn-7939726

The media only know of three people coming forward and one alleged victim's case has been dropped so if he is guilty, Cliff doesn't seem to be as prolific an offender as the likes of Rolf or Savile. Will be interesting to see what the exact nature of the allegations are.

It is still going to be months until we learn if they have decided to press ahead with charges: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sir-cliff-richard-will-learn-7939726

The media only know of three people coming forward and one alleged victim's case has been dropped so if he is guilty, Cliff doesn't seem to be as prolific an offender as tge likes of Rolf or Savile. Will be interesting to see what the exact nature of the allegatiobs are.

He's a way more prolific offender than Rolf where shite records are concerned

• Like 1

Interesting point. Reckon the delay might be due to a lot more offences that have been kept under wraps until the allegations are firmed up.

• Like 1

Can some of our legal/police experts please inform me if there is any significance to this wording:

"A CPS spokesman said: "We have received a full file of evidence from South Yorkshire Police. We will now carefully consider its contents in line with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, in order to establish whether there is sufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction, and whether it is in the public interest to do so.""

https://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0510/787475-cliff-richard/

Does "full file" mean a lot of evidence? I mean, they either have evidence against him or they don't. What would a partial file of evidence entail? Does it just mean the police aren't withholding any information at this stage?

The media only know of three people coming forward and one alleged victim's case has been dropped so if he is guilty, Cliff doesn't seem to be as prolific an offender as tge likes of Rolf or Savile. Will be interesting to see what the exact nature of the allegatiobs are.

Aye, and some of them are going to be harder to escape as earworms than Two Little Boys, imo.

Aye, and some of them are going to be harder to escape as earworms than Two Little Boys, imo.

Well at least he might be spending his summer holiday in the slammer!

Can some of our legal/police experts please inform me if there is any significance to this wording:

"A CPS spokesman said: "We have received a full file of evidence from South Yorkshire Police. We will now carefully consider its contents in line with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, in order to establish whether there is sufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction, and whether it is in the public interest to do so.""

Does "full file" mean a lot of evidence? I mean, they either have evidence against him or they don't. What would a partial file of evidence entail? Does it just mean the police aren't withholding any information at this stage?

I wonder if we can have a strange double header?

As the alleged abuse occurred at a Billy Graham event?

G'day President Mugabe,

Reg Grundy died on the Australian television awards night....

Cliff to top himself on Eurovision night?

Interesting point. Reckon the delay might be due to a lot more offences that have been kept under wraps until the allegations are firmed up.

OOOHHHH

I'm firming up just thinking about this fall from grace!

Bring it on

G'day President Mugabe,

I like this thinking, I think he will top it during Wimbledon, he is always there in the royal box, goon. You never see any black people in the royal box do you, or at Wimbledon. White colonial sport that must be banished.

G'day President Mugabe,

I like this thinking, I think he will top it during Wimbledon, he is always there in the royal box, goon. You never see any black people in the royal box do you, or at Wimbledon. White colonial sport that must be banished.

The President has spoken!

Venus and Serena Williams are white? :blink:

G'day President Mugabe,

Well that's one way of getting around a ban.

The way this year's going, by December every pop star will either be dead or up on paedo charges!

G'day President Mugabe,

Dodi Fayed was nearly black and he got in a royal box.

• Like 7

lmao.gif

G'day President Mugabe,

Tickets for which were allegedly far less exclusive than the one at wimbledon however. :P
  • Like 2

This is cynical of me but... I was just reading this article on the Hillsborough Disaster:

http://www.clickonwales.org/2016/05/a-bunker-mentality/

The article bluntly states "The future of South Yorkshire Police remains in doubt."

South Yorkshire Police are also the ones who undertook the Cliff investigation. Maybe they took so long about it because they didn't want another PR disaster on their hands. If they succeed in bringing Cliff down, maybe they think that would help redeem their reputation with the public. Either that or they are just a dysfunctional mess, whether it be with Hillsborough or investigating Cliff.

Also, "Now the police watchdog the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has launched an investigation into allegations a former South Yorkshire Police press officer was asked to ‘spin’ the news about Hillsborough. Hayley Court claims she was asked to encourage the media to report evidence in the inquests which was favourable to the police, including the so-called fact that fans were partly to blame. She has said she was told to “get the media together and tell them what to write.”"

Presumably, it was the press officers who also told the BBC about the initial raid on Cliff's house. Seems like they have a real culture of seeking to promote themselves in a positive light. :(

This is cynical of me but... I was just reading this article on the Hillsborough Disaster:

http://www.clickonwales.org/2016/05/a-bunker-mentality/

The article bluntly states "The future of South Yorkshire Police remains in doubt."

South Yorkshire Police are also the ones who undertook the Cliff investigation. Maybe they took so long about it because they didn't want another PR disaster on their hands. If they succeed in bringing Cliff down, maybe they think that would help redeem their reputation with the public. Either that or they are just a dysfunctional mess, whether it be with Hillsborough or investigating Cliff.

Also, "Now the police watchdog the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has launched an investigation into allegations a former South Yorkshire Police press officer was asked to ‘spin’ the news about Hillsborough. Hayley Court claims she was asked to encourage the media to report evidence in the inquests which was favourable to the police, including the so-called fact that fans were partly to blame. She has said she was told to “get the media together and tell them what to write.”"

Presumably, it was the press officers who also told the BBC about the initial raid on Cliff's house. Seems like they have a real culture of seeking to promote themselves in a positive light. :(

Bringing Cliff down would be a mixed blessing.

In other South Yorkshire Police discussions...the book The Real Yorkshire Ripper by Noel O'Gara has some interesting stuff to say. it's complicated but - basically - his argument is that Peter Sutcliffe didn't kill all the victims of the Yorkshire Ripper and that his guilty plea meant no investigation was forthcoming. His argument is based on the notion that different police forces - including Manchester and all the Yorkshire forces were competing to be the ones to snag the Ripper and when South Yorks Police got him on the second day of 1981 they couldn't believe their luck and went to charge him and announce their victory so fast they never stopped to consider some of the implications.

Just thought I'd - like - mention that.