Pistol Knight

Scottish Independence

If Scotland becomes independent what will the rest of the UK be called?

Scotland will be called "Scotland" but there will be no country of "Great Britain", there for there can be no country of "the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern ireland"

England Plus 2

BTW i want the Scots to get independence so we can have this as a flag. Very Modern and i like it alot . There are also 2 others with green in it which aren't to bad but Wales is a principality hence the reason it was never represented on the union Jack. If Wales was to be represented would rather a dragon on the flag than the green to be honest.

article-0-0F71B62B00000578-770_634x316.jpg <---- Love it .

New-Union-Flag.jpg

New-Union-Flag.jpg

Scotland will be called "Scotland" but there will be no country of "Great Britain", there for there can be no country of "the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern ireland"

England Plus 2

BTW i want the Scots to get independence so we can have this as a flag. Very Modern and i like it alot . There are also 2 others with green in it which aren't to bad but Wales is a principality hence the reason it was never represented on the union Jack. If Wales was to be represented would rather a dragon on the flag than the green to be honest.

New-Union-Flag.jpg

New-Union-Flag.jpg

The second two look like the wrapping of a loaf of Hovis, or Waitrose low-fat margarine. They should just have a plain flag of whatever colour, with a central crest that consists of a silhouette of a man with a bottle in one hand bending over next to a cash machine to throw up.

• Like 1

England Plus 2

New-Union-Flag.jpg

New-Union-Flag.jpg

The second two look like the wrapping of a loaf of Hovis, or Waitrose low-fat margarine. They should just have a plain flag of whatever colour, with a central crest that consists of a silhouette of a man with a bottle in one hand bending over next to a cash machine to throw up.

Exactly any green in the flag just doesn't go. As to what the UK would be called I think south Britain and northern ireland will probably be the most obvious and likely option .That is what it was called before the Scottish union (minus the northern Ireland part) and is the most sensible choice, only having to change one letter from G to S . I think they will get rid of the UK name all together .

England Plus 2

New-Union-Flag.jpg

New-Union-Flag.jpg

Exactly any green in the flag just doesn't go. As to what the UK would be called I think south Britain and northern ireland will probably be the most obvious and likely option .That is what it was called before the Scottish union (minus the northern Ireland part) and is the most sensible choice, only having to change one letter from G to S . I think they will get rid of the UK name all together .

Wait, didn't you yourself say it was gonna be rigged like the Quebec one? You seem to be getting a bit excited about something you said isn't gonna happen.

I can't see it happening myself anyway, which is good since those flags would be an even bigger eyesore than David Cameron's stupid fucking moon face.

England Plus 2

New-Union-Flag.jpg

New-Union-Flag.jpg

Wait, didn't you yourself say it was gonna be rigged like the Quebec one? You seem to be getting a bit excited about something you said isn't gonna happen.

I can't see it happening myself anyway, which is good since those flags would be an even bigger eyesore than David Cameron's stupid fucking moon face.

Of course but even the Scots have me believing now . haha Infact the tightening of the polls point even more towards a Quebec situation. But its fun to speculate .

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/tightening-polls-on-scotland-secession-echo-days-before-quebecs-1995-vote/article20531252/

cmon now the last two I agree but the first one combining the st George's cross and st patricks cross is simple with history behind it yet its also a modern great design , I'm surprised at how good it looks. I guess what i'm really trying to say is if that flag was a woman I would totally do her. :D

Guest Guest

You know the No campaign is failing when someone like me is even beginning to think that independence wouldn't be all that bad.

Most people are struggling to understand why the polls have narrowed so dramatically. I know the answer: Douglas Alexander.

Douglas Alexander is the biggest fuck up on the Scottish political scene since his sister Wendy.

Having said that, had people taken Wendy seriously when she suggested backing the referendum a number of years back, we would all now probably be living in a post-referendum UK. So maybe she wasn't that much of a fuck up after all.

Douglas is definitely a fuck up though.

It's the increasing, terrifying prospect that this time next year Boris Johnson could be PM and Nigel Farage could be his deputy in a Tory-UKIP coalition :o

You know the No campaign is failing when someone like me is even beginning to think that independence wouldn't be all that bad.

Most people are struggling to understand why the polls have narrowed so dramatically. I know the answer: Douglas Alexander.

Douglas Alexander is the biggest fuck up on the Scottish political scene since his sister Wendy.

Having said that, had people taken Wendy seriously when she suggested backing the referendum a number of years back, we would all now probably be living in a post-referendum UK. So maybe she wasn't that much of a fuck up after all.

It's the increasing, terrifying prospect that this time next year Boris Johnson could be PM and Nigel Farage could be his deputy in a Tory-UKIP coalition :o

Ok I had to check the IP address to make sure I didn't post this in my sleep but no it isn't my address and even asleep I would never post as a guest.

The thought of Boris Johnson 'look at me I am a lovable clown' but is in fact an extremely shrewd man who's views are more right wing than Hitler and Nigel Farage ' I hate the Scots, I despise the poor and I will privatise your NHS quicker than the tories, also I will remove your holiday entitlement, your maternity leave and sick pay faster than you can blink' are the reason I have decided to vote Yes.

I was shocked when the UK elections in May saw a huge surge towards Mr. Farage's party, he is a racist and a bigot, did I mention Fascist?. I will take my chances on independence, it isn't going to be easy and it isn't going to be fun, I may well lose my job but I would rather that than being governed by these fascist buffoons.

• Like 2

Ok I had to check the IP address to make sure I didn't post this in my sleep but no it isn't my address and even asleep I would never post as a guest.

The thought of Boris Johnson 'look at me I am a lovable clown' but is in fact an extremely shrewd man who's views are more right wing than Hitler and Nigel Farage ' I hate the Scots, I despise the poor and I will privatise your NHS quicker than the tories, also I will remove your holiday entitlement, your maternity leave and sick pay faster than you can blink' are the reason I have decided to vote Yes.

I was shocked when the UK elections in May saw a huge surge towards Mr. Farage's party, he is a racist and a bigot, did I mention Fascist?. I will take my chances on independence, it isn't going to be easy and it isn't going to be fun, I may well lose my job but I would rather that than being governed by these fascist buffoons.

Coming at this from another angle, I just wish everything would hurry the fuck up and get the fucking thing done one way or the other.

Its dragged on longer than a Ken Dodd performance.

No offence LG :) x

• Like 1

It not really matter if it is a 'No', a question of time :)

I just hope it is in my lifetime.

Andrew Wilson of The Scotsman nails it.

DECIDED or leaning, if No is in your mind as you ponder your vote this week, I urge you to do me the privilege of reflecting on the next few hundred words. I will respect your final judgment, of course I shall.

If you must vote No please, I urge you, do so for the best of reasons or you could regret your choice, very quickly and possibly forever.

Some of my best friends will vote No with a cast-iron, near-religious certainty. But many more of my friends tell me they lean towards No but with a heavy, heavy heart.

They feel the positive case for voting that way has just not been made. They would be right. They are as disappointed as I am at the insulting level of disrespect for this small country’s collective intelligence displayed over the course of the campaign. It got worse last week with some especially risible interventions of the Downing Street establishment.

The cocktail the Tory led government and campaign want us to drink is one part love-bomb to 99 parts fear, smear and contempt. Don’t drink it, the sour aftertaste will stay with you for life.

The scare stories of this week are too numerous to rebut one by one, but know this: they were part of an ongoing, concerted campaign to throw fear, uncertainty and doubt into the hearts of the voters in Scotland. They range from the invented to the exaggerated to the simple lie.

They are founded on the idea that the world community will reject Scotland despite welcoming 142 countries before us since 1945. They rest on the belief that the government that tells us it loves us today will set out to destroy our interests from Friday even, and here’s the key point, if it destroys its own at the same time. And trade isn’t possible between states it seems. They are founded on the view that, unique in the world, Scotland is just not up to self-government and independence. Even our assets are our millstones, we are asked to believe.

The glee with which they stoke uncertainty should cause the more substantial and serious among them to pause. As it should you.

Glee is the word for the faces of Westminster ministers as they told Scotland our banks would “leave”. One Treasury Minister, David Gauke, even said with a chuckle “there will be more pandas than banks and insurance companies in an independent Scotland”. Re-read that phrase and picture the smirk. For me that quote provided the trough in the atrocious Project Fear and demonstrates a sneering disdain for those they seek to persuade. Don’t let them.

The truth of the banking story demonstrates much. Because Downing Street (currently) refuses to even consider sharing the pound, contingency plans are needed to ensure bank regulation remains clear. To remain backed by the Bank of England, the banks would need to move registration to London. So while politicians skipped from studio to studio trying to make people worry for their jobs and the rest of us believe all branches and offices would close, the CEO of RBS was drafting a letter to staff calming them and pointing out that no jobs or operations would be affected by a technical legal move.

But, unbowed, on the Downing Street tank rolled, cajoling supermarkets and even telecoms companies to join in the fun. No depth is too low for them now. Win at all costs, however ugly is their intent.

If you let this wall of noise cow you then you will regret it. Because not only is it not true it would be the worst possible reason for you to decide.

If we vote No for these reasons, Scotland will feel like the 2 January day in day out for a very long time. Vote Yes and we will unleash an energy and creative pulse that will resonate for years.

Of course, we will face tough times and difficult choices. Every country does. But compared with the realities of the crises we have been through since 2008, the risks of this choice are but a whisper in the wind.

Choose No and we await an election next May to decide who will govern us for another five years. The latest ICM poll has the Conservatives in the lead and 49% backing the Tories or Ukip. Think about it. Even if Ed Miliband sneaks a win, would you trust him to govern us better than our own government here? Really? That truth has been our reality for decades. It is time for us to grow.

We have what it takes, my friend, in bucketloads. Our economic, environmental and political starting points are better than any new country enjoyed before us. We have more resource, information and experience than any of those 142 countries that made this choice positively since the war.

We also have much of the machinery of government already in place. We have what it takes if we will only choose to. This is our moment.

Join with me in rejecting fear, embracing hope and putting our shoulders to the wheel to make ourselves and our country all it can be.

We can do this. For the sake of ourselves and the generations to follow, we must.

• Like 1

Coming at this from another angle, I just wish everything would hurry the fuck up and get the fucking thing done one way or the other.

No offence taken at all LFN!. In fact I agree with you, at least you have only been subjected to it on the news for the last few weeks, we in Scotland have had it rammed down our throats every single time we watch the Scottish news for more than a year now. On September 18th 2013 BBC Scotland aired a discussion programme about ' it will be 1 year from today Scotland votes'. total overkill and since then they have featured the referendum on our nightly news bulletin every single bloody day since then. The only respite we got was during the Commonwealth Games, I for one welcomed seeing dancing teacakes and Usain Bolt dancing to The Proclaimers, a bit of light relief.

• Like 1

No offence taken at all LFN!. In fact I agree with you, at least you have only been subjected to it on the news for the last few weeks, we in Scotland have had it rammed down our throats every single time we watch the Scottish news for more than a year now. On September 18th 2013 BBC Scotland aired a discussion programme about ' it will be 1 year from today Scotland votes'. total overkill and since then they have featured the referendum on our nightly news bulletin every single bloody day since then. The only respite we got was during the Commonwealth Games, I for one welcomed seeing dancing teacakes and Usain Bolt dancing to The Proclaimers, a bit of light relief.

Jesus, I had no idea it was THAT bad!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Jesus, I had no idea it was THAT bad!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Those television overkill days will seem like a misty idyllic memory when Scotland's cash-strapped state broadcaster blows its entire budget on a great bake off involving nowt but oatcakes and shortbread.

Incidentally, the Muppets have just posted a missing puppet alert for Fozzie (currently AWOL and rumoured to be leading a pro-independence party somewhere or other), shout if you see him kiddies!

If you thought this was bad, just wait for the Euro referendum in 2017...

• Like 1

They say always follow the money and according to the bookies its going to be a No.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/scots-independence/60436/scottish-independence-odds-bookmakers-ignore-close-polls

I say giving the yes camp the lead a week before peaks it too soon and kills its momentum by having all the polls showing no leading running up to the vote and swings the momentum back to the No camp. Very crafty tactics but used many times before!!

Well, what does everyone reckon?

I presume the Scots on the forum are out having fun times, hence why it seems quiet at the moment.

I reckon a 54% - 46% split for No.

Well, what does everyone reckon?

I presume the Scots on the forum are out having fun times, hence why it seems quiet at the moment.

I reckon a 54% - 46% split for No.

I said earlier this week in a coversation I think it will be a NO vote but I would be unwilling to bet any money on it.

This time tomorrow we should know.

This time tomorrow I hope we NO!

• Like 1

Just back from voting YES

I reckon it will be very close maybe 50.5% YES - 49.50% NO

Just back from voting YES

I reckon it will be very close maybe 50.5% YES - 49.50% NO

Interesting.

What would be the lower total for AS to not be humiliated. I think that if it is close he will hold his head up but I think below 45% someone will wonder what went wrong.

If Scotland votes "yes", it'll be a very long time before another Brit wins Wimbledon.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Judging by the benefit scrounging chavs I've seen shuffling and crawling into the polling stations near me , lager cans in hand, the yes vote could be heading for a landslide!

It appears the Scottish vote is observed closely by Frisian nationalist. According to Sybren Posthumus, an FNP member who represent the party in the provincial states

The FNP does not want to split off from the rest of the Netherlands, but we would like more say. There is a lot of unhappiness in the provincial council about the gulf between The Hague and Friesland.'

I love Friesland as much as any part of the Netherlands, but I care little for this kind of politics. This spineless creature knows quite well that Friesland is not like Scotland with respect to natural resources.

As far as I'm concerned the Dutch abolish provinces altogether, Friesland included.

regards,

Hein