Pistol Knight

Scottish Independence

I want out of one Evil Empire, I don't want part of another. Fuck Europe, fuck it in its arse.

• Like 1

Just now, charon said:

I want out of one Evil Empire, I don't want part of another. Fuck Europe, fuck it in its arse.

FFS!! Say what you mean!!:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Europe's pretty much off the cards regardless now.

Dutch election tonight isn't it? That'll be telling...

I just don't understand UK politicians.

May says the majority of Scottish people don't want another Referendum. Yet the majority of Scots voted to remain in the EU. Square that circle, Theresa.

Meantime, the Lib Dems insist Scotland can't have another Referendum, but demand another one for the EU.

Labour oppose it one day while saying it would be fine another.

Clueless bunch because none of them are chasing votes in Scotland anymore, and if and when in power ignore it anyway.

All good stuff.

• Like 1

Tory party appointee tells elected representatives there shall be no referendum this side of the next General Election.

theresa-may-laughing-gif.gif.4803682a16e33880705efd1dd71db17b.gif

17 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

May says the majority of Scottish people don't want another Referendum. Yet the majority of Scots voted to remain in the EU. Square that circle, Theresa.

If you take out the votes that were for the SNP rather than to actually Remain in the EU then you will find that Scotland voted strongly in favour of Leaving.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

If you take out the votes that were for the SNP rather than to actually Remain in the EU then you will find that Scotland voted strongly in favour of Leaving.

And if you take out all the votes for the major parties at the last General Election, you will find that the UK voted strongly for the Monster Raving Loony Party.

• Like 1

Aye well, in stats I just made up, if you remove the votes that were "fuck the Tories/Labour/etc", the UK voted in favour of remaining. Honest.

I mean, they blatantly didn't but if we're playing inane hypotheticals...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Tory party appointee tells elected representatives there shall be no referendum this side of the next General Election.

How much polish did they need to clean the leather after that orgasm?

• Like 1

Sturgeon backed May into a corner and now has years of political capital to foment.

22 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

How much polish did they need to clean the leather after that orgasm?

I guess it makes a change to sitting on the washing machine durin the spin cycle, eh Theresa?

Shetland & Orkney should become independent Nordic countries! I mean, just look at their flags, Shetland's is an inverted Finnish flag. Orkney's flag looks just like Norway's if you substitute white with yellow. :wub:

6 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Shetland & Orkney should become independent Nordic countries! I mean, just look at their flags, Shetland's is an inverted Finnish flag. Orkney's flag looks just like Norway's if you substitute white with yellow. :wub:

Did they not previously talk about becoming independent from Scotland?

Im sure thats what they were wanting, and somesort of co op with the Nordic nations?

8 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Did they not previously talk about becoming independent from Scotland?

Im sure thats what they were wanting, and somesort of co op with the Nordic nations?

Think it was if Scotland voted for independence, they would move in that direction LFN. They voted quite highly to remain part of the UK in 2014 though...

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 13:48, YoungWillz said:

Constitutional crisis as Westminster instantly rejects Scottish Parliament's decision.

56 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Constitutional crisis as Westminster instantly rejects Scottish Parliament's decision.

Well they havent 'instantly' rejected it because Wee Jimmy has to write a letter to The Wicked Lady requesting that she allow the referendum and THEN the Wicked Lady writes back, if she wants to coz she doesnt have to, telling Wee Jimmy to 'Go fuck Yourself' or words to that effect.

Personally, Id say 'Yeah, you can have a referendum but you will have to have it before November you Ginger cunt'

....or words to that effect.

• Like 1

This could lead to the formation of the SRA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well they havent 'instantly' rejected it because Wee Jimmy has to write a letter to The Wicked Lady requesting that she allow the referendum and THEN the Wicked Lady writes back, if she wants to coz she doesnt have to, telling Wee Jimmy to 'Go fuck Yourself' or words to that effect.

Personally, Id say 'Yeah, you can have a referendum but you will have to have it before November you Ginger cunt'

....or words to that effect.

Didn't even wait for the letter....her only MP told us to fuck ourselves immediately.

At least he's in the Cabinet unlike Labour's only Scottish MP, who isn't even in the Shadow Cabinet. And the Lib Dems only MP is still a self confessed liar.

Oh gotta love it, come on...

PS. Wish I was ginger. My ginger friends say they'd rather not be, but I am envious...

Drink enough Irn Bru, it might act as a dye.

• Like 3

I reckon the referendum will be September 2019.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

PS. Wish I was ginger. My ginger friends say they'd rather not be, but I am envious...

I'm a ginger.  As a result everyone thinks I must have a drop of Scottish blood in me (I don't but it gives me solidarity with the Scots. Viva la independence!) :D

Seriously, though, what would happen to Wales is Scotland broke away?  From what I gather, the Welsh economy is nowhere yet near ready to stand on its own and Plaid Cymru hasn't yet developed into a political powerhouse like the SNP, so Wales isn't going to be ready to even think about independence seriously yet.  Do you foresee Wales being a vassal state of England forever or do you think it could one day stand on its own?  Could it be in partnership with an independent Scotland as a fellow Celtic state?  (Do Scots and Welsh even like each other?)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I'm a ginger.  As a result everyone thinks I must have a drop of Scottish blood in me (I don't but it gives me solidarity with the Scots. Viva la independence!) :D

Seriously, though, what would happen to Wales is Scotland broke away?  From what I gather, the Welsh economy is nowhere yet near ready to stand on its own and Plaid Cymru hasn't yet developed into a political powerhouse like the SNP, so Wales isn't going to be ready to even think about independence seriously yet.  Do you foresee Wales being a vassal state of England forever or do you think it could one day stand on its own?  Could it be in partnership with an independent Scotland as a fellow Celtic state?  (Do Scots and Welsh even like each other?)

All very good questions. The problem with Wales is that it is far too small and there are very few pure blood welsh and a lot of the property is owned by English people. I think they will be happy to reap the rewards of failed independence (more devolution) but if Scotland (and N.I.) go they will suffer a back lash because all the funding models will have to be redrawn and there is no money.

• Like 2

It's all crazy. Personally speaking, the UK flourished historically because all parts of it had something to offer and contributed to its success and therefore benefited to a greater or lesser degree from it.

Not been like that for decades. Large swathes of all the constituent nations denuded of their main industries, little to no roll out of the benefits that London and the South East has been reaping and continues to reap from the rest of us. Brexit I believe was a cry for help from the country. "We want our country back" or summat. Make Westminster accountable to the country, and they'll be able to give us what we want.

The answer? Thanks for your vote. London will be a special case and fuck your fishing industry, fuck your farmers, in fact fuck you all, like we have been doing since 1979. We forgot all about you and we'll suck the wealth from the regions to prop up the very people who benefited most and fucked you all in 2008. And will continue to do so until at least 2030.

What's that? New giant oilfield discovered off the coast of Scotland? We'll have that, so fuck your independence vote.

Wales? Heavily reliant on EU funding, because hey if they're going to do it, why should Westminster? Voted out. Now they'll be even poorer and why would Westminster want it otherwise? Will they see the benefits of more control? I doubt it. As BiblioG says, it's much more intermingled culturally, societally, etc etc. and heavily reliant on the public sector. If it gains something (such as a giant oilfield) I'm sure the calls might be different, but it will be a long while if ever that Wales could even consider independence imo.

• Like 2