Banshees Scream

Mary Tyler Moore

Mary Tyler Moore, whom 'sources say' suffered from diabetes for years, is slowly going blind and is suffering heart and kidney problems.

She has previously suffered a benign rain tumour, bleeding in the brain, and hospitalization for a 'grave diabetic condition'

Glamourous photo as well.

Mary Tyler Moore, whom 'sources say' suffered from diabetes for years, is slowly going blind and is suffering heart and kidney problems.

She has previously suffered a benign rain tumour, bleeding in the brain, and hospitalization for a 'grave diabetic condition'

Can't get the link in the UK, but GMA is carrying an interview with her, prior to her receiving a lifetime achievement award on Sunday. It doesn't give any indication of the 'doom and gloom' scenario alluded to by the Enquirer.

Can't get the link in the UK, but GMA is carrying an interview with her, prior to her receiving a lifetime achievement award on Sunday. It doesn't give any indication of the 'doom and gloom' scenario alluded to by the Enquirer.

National Enquirer wouldn't sell as many copies as they do if they just did a touchy-feely article.

The National Enquirer has a tendency to overblow health rumors, always quoting anonymous sources a little too eager to dish about their dying friend. I wouldn't trust them.

Wife had the SAG awards on last night, Dick Van Dyke (or "what is left of him" - his own words) wombled on stage - and got a huge standing ovation- to present a Lifetime Achievement award to Mary Tyler Moore.

I've heard a few stories about her being on the way out, so took notice of the fact she was "placed" on stage during the video segment and then at the conclusion of her rambling speech - which sounded quite a farewell to me - they zipped off for a word from the sponsors.

DVD may well see out the year, MTM won't imo, she looked & sounded extremely frail.

Here's my take on the stars from the list:

Dick Van Dyke: Let's make another comparison: Andy Griffith had a successful show in the 60's named after him. Andy died in 2012. Dick Van Dyke had a successful show in the 60's named after him. Will Dick die in 2013? It's about recognizing patterns...

He looked robust when presenting a lifetime achievement award to Mary Tyler Moore at the Sag Awards last year. Could easily live another decade .

Just took a look at Mary Tyler Moore. She's looking awful :shock2:

But it's not very likely that Valerie Harper and Ed Asner will die in 2014 and MTM and Betty White (my own post in #8) in 2015 - 4 cast members of the Mary Tyler Moore Show within 2 years... hmmm...

http://www.washingto...r-nearly-blind/ -Just googled Mary Tyler Moore and found this.It has quotes from Betty White and Dick Van Dyke saying she is practically blind and housebound.

They were probably both doing their annual phone rounds to get inside information for their DDP teams.

• Like 4

Mary Tyler Moore, American comedy, film and theatre actress, should have her own thread by now.

mtminf.gifMary_Tyler_Moore_And_Her_Charity_Work.jpg

Born December 29, 1936 in Brooklyn Heights, New York, famous for her own comedy series The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Diagnosed with Type I diabetes at age 33, she also suffered from heart and kidney problems and has become nearly blind.

http://www.washingto...r-nearly-blind/

Actually she is rushed to hospital: http://radaronline.c...ional-enquirer/

The MTM (Main) Cast:

Mary Tyler Moore (Mary Richards) *29.12.1936

Edward Asner (Lou Grant) *15.11.1929

Gavin McLeod (Murray Slaughter) *28.02.1931

Ted Knight (Ted Baxter) *07.12.1923 – 26.08.1986

Valerie Harper (Rhoda Morgenstern) *22.08.1939

Cloris Leachman (Phyllis Lindstrom) *30.04.1926

Betty White (Sue Ann Nivens) *17.01.1922

Feel free to complete the list.

78 today! Congratulations! :birthday:

I doubt it will be a good one though!She is a must have for Death list 2015.

• Like 1

According to the National Enquirer, MTM has said "I'm ready, just let me die".

I couldn't click on the article, because I live in Yoorup, but I read the header.

Not like I believe the Enquirer anyway.

According to the National Enquirer, MTM has said "I'm ready, just let me die".

I couldn't click on the article, because I live in Yoorup, but I read the header.

Not like I believe the Enquirer anyway.

Cache copy link

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:23wVKWA_q3YJ:www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/exclusive-mary-tyler-moore-just-let-me-die+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

For the record, she is the only person mentioned in the weezer song "buddy holly" that is still alive..

• Like 1

I usually think the National Enquirer are making these stories all up but I reckon there is a fair amount of truth in this.

A new National Enquirer post about her. Again, can't read it cause I live in Yoorup.

A new National Enquirer post about her. Again, can't read it cause I live in Yoorup.

Here's what the article says

TV legend MARY TYLER MOORE spends her sad last days in the grip of dementia, her few lucid moments are spent deciding on her resting place – while being reminded of the tragic deaths of her loved ones!
“With most of her affairs now in order, Mary is left with making the gut-wrenching and difficult decision of whether to be buried or cremated,” a family insider told The National ENQUIRER.
But the source also revealed the heartbreak behind that decision, as the beloved star, 78, ponders being buried alongside her kid sister, who died of a drug overdose – or joining her only son and her younger brother in having her ashes scattered.
Mary is wrestling with these decisions with husband Dr. Robert Levine as she lives out her remaining days at their $10 million estate in Greenwich, Conn.
The dying star is considering cremation as a tribute to her son, Richie, who died of an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound in 1980 when he was 24.
“Mary says how wonderful it would be to be free as a bird, her ashes blowing in the same clear air where Richie’s were scattered” over the Owens River in Mammoth Lakes, Calif., the source revealed.
Richie passed away just two years after Mary’s sister, Elizabeth Ann, died from a drug overdose. And Mary’s world was rocked again when her brother, John Hackett Moore, who worked as a prop man at MTM Studios, died from kidney cancer in 1991, with his body cremated.
Meanwhile, Mary’s parents and sister are interred at San Fernando Mission Cemetery in California.
“Right now, Mary’s leaning toward cremation,” said the friend.
“The thought of her ashes intermingling with Richie’s lit up Mary’s face, spreading that famous smile from cheek to cheek.”

TV legend MARY TYLER MOORE spends her sad last days in the grip of dementia, her few lucid moments are spent deciding on her resting place – while being reminded of the tragic deaths of her loved ones!

“With most of her affairs now in order, Mary is left with making the gut-wrenching and difficult decision of whether to be buried or cremated,” a family insider told The National ENQUIRER.

But the source also revealed the heartbreak behind that decision, as the beloved star, 78, ponders being buried alongside her kid sister, who died of a drug overdose – or joining her only son and her younger brother in having her ashes scattered.

Mary is wrestling with these decisions with husband Dr. Robert Levine as she lives out her remaining days at their $10 million estate in Greenwich, Conn.

The dying star is considering cremation as a tribute to her son, Richie, who died of an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound in 1980 when he was 24.

“Mary says how wonderful it would be to be free as a bird, her ashes blowing in the same clear air where Richie’s were scattered” over the Owens River in Mammoth Lakes, Calif., the source revealed.

Richie passed away just two years after Mary’s sister, Elizabeth Ann, died from a drug overdose. And Mary’s world was rocked again when her brother, John Hackett Moore, who worked as a prop man at MTM Studios, died from kidney cancer in 1991, with his body cremated.

Meanwhile, Mary’s parents and sister are interred at San Fernando Mission Cemetery in California.

“The thought of her ashes intermingling with Richie’s lit up Mary’s face, spreading that famous smile from cheek to cheek.”

Thanks.

It's sad, really. I was a big fan of the MTM Show.

It's sad, really. I was a big fan of the MTM Show.

I must have seen at least one episode of that show. I can't remember its content, but I do remember that it wasn't very funny. I just checked on youtube and came to the same conclusion.

Again the "sad last days".... last year there was an article about Valerie Harper with the same phrase (I can only see it by Google-newsing "valerie harper sad last days national enquirer"). As long as she can still decide how to die, she can't be at death's door (Wouldn't her guts be burned or buried instead of wrenched?). Also, how can Mary's world be rocked "again" by the death of her brother, when that death occured 24 years ago?

Again the "sad last days".... last year there was an article about Valerie Harper with the same phrase (I can only see it by Google-newsing "valerie harper sad last days national enquirer"). As long as she can still decide how to die, she can't be at death's door (Wouldn't her guts be burned or buried instead of wrenched?). Also, how can Mary's world be rocked "again" by the death of her brother, when that death occured 24 years ago?

They're not saying that her world was rocked again recently, they're listing the people she lost in a reasonably short space of time. Her sister, son and then her brother in the space of 11 years. She's 78 right now and she was about 54 when her brother died and in her late 30s / early 40s when her sister died. Since she was the older of the 3, she lost her siblings quite early on.