Banshees Scream

Mary Tyler Moore

A new National Enquirer post about her. Again, can't read it cause I live in Yoorup.

Here's what the article says

TV legend MARY TYLER MOORE spends her sad last days in the grip of dementia, her few lucid moments are spent deciding on her resting place – while being reminded of the tragic deaths of her loved ones!
“With most of her affairs now in order, Mary is left with making the gut-wrenching and difficult decision of whether to be buried or cremated,” a family insider told The National ENQUIRER.
But the source also revealed the heartbreak behind that decision, as the beloved star, 78, ponders being buried alongside her kid sister, who died of a drug overdose – or joining her only son and her younger brother in having her ashes scattered.
Mary is wrestling with these decisions with husband Dr. Robert Levine as she lives out her remaining days at their $10 million estate in Greenwich, Conn.
The dying star is considering cremation as a tribute to her son, Richie, who died of an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound in 1980 when he was 24.
“Mary says how wonderful it would be to be free as a bird, her ashes blowing in the same clear air where Richie’s were scattered” over the Owens River in Mammoth Lakes, Calif., the source revealed.
Richie passed away just two years after Mary’s sister, Elizabeth Ann, died from a drug overdose. And Mary’s world was rocked again when her brother, John Hackett Moore, who worked as a prop man at MTM Studios, died from kidney cancer in 1991, with his body cremated.
Meanwhile, Mary’s parents and sister are interred at San Fernando Mission Cemetery in California.
“Right now, Mary’s leaning toward cremation,” said the friend.
“The thought of her ashes intermingling with Richie’s lit up Mary’s face, spreading that famous smile from cheek to cheek.”

Again the "sad last days".... last year there was an article about Valerie Harper with the same phrase (I can only see it by Google-newsing "valerie harper sad last days national enquirer"). As long as she can still decide how to die, she can't be at death's door (Wouldn't her guts be burned or buried instead of wrenched?). Also, how can Mary's world be rocked "again" by the death of her brother, when that death occured 24 years ago?

They're not saying that her world was rocked again recently, they're listing the people she lost in a reasonably short space of time. Her sister, son and then her brother in the space of 11 years. She's 78 right now and she was about 54 when her brother died and in her late 30s / early 40s when her sister died. Since she was the older of the 3, she lost her siblings quite early on.

Ah ok, I get it now. That is somewhat more coherent.

A new National Enquirer post about her. Again, can't read it cause I live in Yoorup.

TV legend MARY TYLER MOORE spends her sad last days in the grip of dementia, her few lucid moments are spent deciding on her resting place – while being reminded of the tragic deaths of her loved ones!
“With most of her affairs now in order, Mary is left with making the gut-wrenching and difficult decision of whether to be buried or cremated,” a family insider told The National ENQUIRER.
But the source also revealed the heartbreak behind that decision, as the beloved star, 78, ponders being buried alongside her kid sister, who died of a drug overdose – or joining her only son and her younger brother in having her ashes scattered.
Mary is wrestling with these decisions with husband Dr. Robert Levine as she lives out her remaining days at their $10 million estate in Greenwich, Conn.
The dying star is considering cremation as a tribute to her son, Richie, who died of an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound in 1980 when he was 24.
“Mary says how wonderful it would be to be free as a bird, her ashes blowing in the same clear air where Richie’s were scattered” over the Owens River in Mammoth Lakes, Calif., the source revealed.
Richie passed away just two years after Mary’s sister, Elizabeth Ann, died from a drug overdose. And Mary’s world was rocked again when her brother, John Hackett Moore, who worked as a prop man at MTM Studios, died from kidney cancer in 1991, with his body cremated.
Meanwhile, Mary’s parents and sister are interred at San Fernando Mission Cemetery in California.
“Right now, Mary’s leaning toward cremation,” said the friend.
“The thought of her ashes intermingling with Richie’s lit up Mary’s face, spreading that famous smile from cheek to cheek.”

Again the "sad last days".... last year there was an article about Valerie Harper with the same phrase (I can only see it by Google-newsing "valerie harper sad last days national enquirer"). As long as she can still decide how to die, she can't be at death's door (Wouldn't her guts be burned or buried instead of wrenched?). Also, how can Mary's world be rocked "again" by the death of her brother, when that death occured 24 years ago?

They're not saying that her world was rocked again recently, they're listing the people she lost in a reasonably short space of time. Her sister, son and then her brother in the space of 11 years. She's 78 right now and she was about 54 when her brother died and in her late 30s / early 40s when her sister died. Since she was the older of the 3, she lost her siblings quite early on.

Ah ok, I get it now. That is somewhat more coherent.

It's this line here

...the beloved star, 78, ponders being buried alongside her kid sister, who died of a drug overdose – or joining her only son and her younger brother in having her ashes scattered.

Then it goes in to the details of how and when she lost each of them.

Carelessly, I'd guess.

Carelessly, I'd guess.

Since when have you expected quality journalism from National Enquirer? :)

TV legend MARY TYLER MOORE spends her sad last days in the grip of dementia, her few lucid moments are spent deciding on her resting place while being reminded of the tragic deaths of her loved ones!

With most of her affairs now in order, Mary is left with making the gut-wrenching and difficult decision of whether to be buried or cremated, a family insider told The National ENQUIRER.

But the source also revealed the heartbreak behind that decision, as the beloved star, 78, ponders being buried alongside her kid sister, who died of a drug overdose or joining her only son and her younger brother in having her ashes scattered.

I tried to search for "sad last days national enquirer" but Valerie or Mary weren't even in the first seven hits! They applied this cliché to literally every aging celebrity from James Garner and Zsa Zsa to Olivia de Havilland, Maureen O'Hara, Joanne Woodward and Nancy Reagan.

I have the feeling that these articles are primarily written by an automated algorythm using pre-defined keywords (dying, tragic, regret etc.) and then fine-tuned by a sad excuse for a journalist.

• Like 2

<snip>

I have the feeling that these articles are primarily written by an automated algorythm using pre-defined keywords (dying, tragic, regret etc.) and then fine-tuned by a sad excuse for a journalist.

Having previously worked in the computer department of a national news organisation (we all need money sadly), I can confirm your feeling is not without some foundation.

• Like 1

TV legend MARY TYLER MOORE spends her sad last days in the grip of dementia, her few lucid moments are spent deciding on her resting place while being reminded of the tragic deaths of her loved ones!

With most of her affairs now in order, Mary is left with making the gut-wrenching and difficult decision of whether to be buried or cremated, a family insider told The National ENQUIRER.

But the source also revealed the heartbreak behind that decision, as the beloved star, 78, ponders being buried alongside her kid sister, who died of a drug overdose or joining her only son and her younger brother in having her ashes scattered.

I tried to search for "sad last days national enquirer" but Valerie or Mary weren't even in the first seven hits! They applied this cliché to literally every aging celebrity from James Garner and Zsa Zsa to Olivia de Havilland, Maureen O'Hara, Joanne Woodward and Nancy Reagan.

Sensationalism sells. It works the same way with news channels when they tease an article so people are compelled to tune in at 10pm just to hear a news report that's... nothing special.

They did an news report on some terminally ill kid on the local news this morning and how he wants to meet his idol Stevie Wonder. Depending on Stevie's tour schedule, there's a slim chance that the kid might actually get to see him. Personally I thought, well why doesn't his mum write to Stevie Wonder telling him about her son's battle against M.S. and see what the reply is.

SWEEPSTAKES TIME!

Since sweepstakes for Phil the Greek, Bum-ibol and Woodhead have started recently, why not for Mary Tyler Moore?

I'll go for May 27, 2015!

There's no basis for a sweep, it's kinda taking away from the legit ones, of which there may only be a couple. I'll pass.

SC

Normally these sweepstakes are for those we think will definitely peg it in the next 2-3 months for sure - what is with the sudden influx of sweepstakes for people who may live to at least the end of the year?

• Like 1

Normally these sweepstakes are for those we think will definitely peg it in the next 2-3 months for sure - what is with the sudden influx of sweepstakes for people who may live to at least the end of the year?

But MTM is certainly going to die by the end of 2015. What's wrong with making a sweepstakes for 8 months?

It's not as if we were making a sweepstakes for Zsa Zsa Gabor or somebody else who is going to live 2 more decades.

I`m going to go for 30th August 2015 at 3am local time.

Guest awesome guest

Tbh I don't see how mtm was even a good pick in the first place

'awesome guest' either sign up or fuck off. Please.

• Like 1

All the recent horrible news about her health came from the National Enquirer as far as I know. I'm also having doubts about her "potential".

All the recent horrible news about her health came from the National Enquirer as far as I know. I'm also having doubts about her "potential".

Her severe diabetes makes her a strong possibility.

Okay, so far we have 2 sweepstakes entries in the past 5 days... not so bad...

Oh, well. At least there's a bigger chance I'll win... as long as "being the closest to a date" counts....

Guest awesome guest

dude I told you why I can't sigh up in the 3rd death of 2015 thread plz

dude I told you why I can't sigh up in the 3rd death of 2015 thread plz

You were offered an alternative.

• Like 1

Yet another trashy Enquirerer article I can't view because I live in Europe.

Something about assisted suicide.

It takes you to the homepage. It's basically click bait from there seedy writers

it takes you to the homepage. It's basically click bsit from there seedy writers

Morbidkid, I hope your teacher would take a red pen to that sentence. Capital letter, spelling mistake (typo easily done) and then the cardinal 'there' error.

You will thank me when you take your GCSE English.

• Like 2

article-2302636-1907593B000005DC-959_306 The picture of MTM from 2013 that the National Enquirer uses

mary-tyler-moore-show-cast-reunion-hot-iThe picture of MTM from 2013 that they forgot

• Like 2

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/mary-tyler-moores-pals-praying-papal-miracle

Yep, what won't these morons make up?

Apparently, Mary's family is hoping Pope Francis visits her.

Not to mention this retarded quote:

"The wheelchair bound star suffers from diabetes and dementia-related symptoms, and hasn't been seen in public since 2011".

She was on television in 2013! Fuck's sake, you're using a pic of her from 2013...

article-2302636-1907593B000005DC-959_306 The picture of MTM from 2013 that the National Enquirer uses

mary-tyler-moore-show-cast-reunion-hot-iThe picture of MTM from 2013 that they forgot

Bit cruel letting someone with demential into a wind tunnel for that top picture, mind.