Banshees Scream

Mary Tyler Moore

Glad she's finally on the list! #13 seems about right.

Also, turned 79 a few days ago. Was going to make a post but forgot. :birthday:

:Was researching MTM in light of a National enquirer article suggesting all the Mary Tyler Moore stars are in their wait for it..."sad last days".Anyway I found this clip from Dick Van Dyke in October where he says "She really isn`t even communicating now..I don`t know how bad that is "Pretty bad I would say Dick!.Apparently they also had an affair according to this video which I did not know.

:Was researching MTM in light of a National enquirer article suggesting all the Mary Tyler Moore stars are in their wait for it..."sad last days".Anyway I found this clip from Dick Van Dyke in October where he says "She really isn`t even communicating now..I don`t know how bad that is "Pretty bad I would say Dick!.Apparently they also had an affair according to this video which I did not know.

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone except Engel were dead by 2026.

"Sad Last Days" obviously an exaggeration.

I would say that seems fairly likely they all don`t seem they will last 10 years .What I find telling about this snippet above is Dick`s body language .He clearly was holding back from saying more.I see no reason why he would lie and if he did her camp surely would have denied this publicly to avoid further speculation about her "sad last days".Also Larry King is known to have pretty good knowledge of what is going on with people in showbiz and he wouldn`t have asked Dick the question if he didn`t already have it on good authority that she was in a bad way.Betty White also a couple of years ago said how bad she was and even Valerie Harper who is the most rose tinted person out there arguably conceded about a year ago that she was pretty much blind but the media were exaggerating how ill she was.She said she was "ok" overall but in the greatest of respect given her own issues "ok" probably means alive.

With regards to whether "the sad last days" headlines are accurate who knows but the fact she no longer appears in public and even her friends are conceding she is in terrible shape with Dick even mentioning her as "non-communicative" leads me to think that the Alzheimers claims may be spot on.

I would say that seems fairly likely they all don`t seem they will last 10 years .What I find telling about this snippet above is Dick`s body language .He clearly was holding back from saying more.I see no reason why he would lie and if he did her camp surely would have denied this publicly to avoid further speculation about her "sad last days".Also Larry King is known to have pretty good knowledge of what is going on with people in showbiz and he wouldn`t have asked Dick the question if he didn`t already have it on good authority that she was in a bad way.Betty White also a couple of years ago said how bad she was and even Valerie Harper who is the most rose tinted person out there arguably conceded about a year ago that she was pretty much blind but the media were exaggerating how ill she was.She said she was "ok" overall but in the greatest of respect given her own issues "ok" probably means alive.

With regards to whether "the sad last days" headlines are accurate who knows but the fact she no longer appears in public and even her friends are conceding she is in terrible shape with Dick even mentioning her as "non-communicative" leads me to think that the Alzheimers claims may be spot on.

Yes, it's definitely true. I just hate how many people deny this and claim she's a bad pick.

:party: Happy 90th Birthday, Cloris Leachman! :birthday:

She's looking much better than Mary who is more than 10 years younger.

I feel like the headline for MTM's death will be "Mary Tyler No Moore"

Clearly you haven't read DL rule #354.4. Namely, "Under no circumstances shall any member attempt to get the drop on the field by posting puns before the starters flag is waved."

• Like 6

that took a lot of thought didn't it?

And it still says she's an acrtess. Whatever that is :P.

• Like 1

Clearly you haven't read DL rule #354.4. Namely, "Under no circumstances shall any member attempt to get the drop on the field by posting puns before the starters flag is waved."

Ah,creeping professionalism, eh

At my first DLCon it was a starter's fag and it was waved in a pub garden

• Like 1

Ah,creeping professionalism, eh

At my first DLCon it was a starter's fag and it was waved in a pub garden

Who was the starter and who was the fag?

There was a thread for potential DL puns actually

There was a thread for potential DL puns actually

I surely have the right to be able to pun mercilessly in any thread.

Safe until her mid 80s then!

(Although, it was the NE who reported the Gene Wilder dying story iirc, so chalk another one up for their accidentally accurate wild mass guessing there...)

• Like 1

:party: Happy 80th Birthday, MTM! :birthday:

• Like 1

TMZ reporting she's in a "grave condition" with family gathering to say goodbye.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/25/mary-tyler-moore-grave-condition/

Good pick for DL. After Bush and Joost false alarms this seems to be real. Would be a well deserved hit.

TMZ reporting she's in a "grave condition" with family gathering to say goodbye.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/25/mary-tyler-moore-grave-condition/

Well, it's not the National Enquirer this time, so I think this may be true...

Yes, TMZ is a reliable source. Did never lie even about Zsa Zsa.

• Like 1

I got to say, keeping Mary Tyler Moore was a brilliant decision this time. I would've dropped her, but I feel she was kept in as the forum favorite. Anyway, I'm guessing tomorrow, when Abe Vigoda died last year.

My inverse death pool!!!!

• Like 1