Banshees Scream

Mary Tyler Moore

Pretty sad. I just finished binge watching MTM last night. I figured Valerie Harper would go before Mary.

Anyone else notice Sky News haven't ran any story about this yet? Still wondering why...

I mean, I know she's American and was best known in America, yeah, but she was still pretty famous..

Yeah I haven`t seen it on the news tonight either.Only seen it online.She is still a household name in Britain even for people my age.

Anyone else notice Sky News haven't ran any story about this yet? Still wondering why...

I mean, I know she's American and was best known in America, yeah, but she was still pretty famous..

Yeah I haven`t seen it on the news tonight either.Only seen it online.She is still a household name in Britain even for people my age.

Her death was the main story on NBC nightly news.Personally I think it should probably have been about Donald Trump's immigration announcement .She's obviously a big star in America !

Her death was the main story on NBC nightly news.Personally I think it should probably have been about Donald Trump's immigration announcement .She's obviously a big star in America !

Well I am English so I wasnt expecting it to head the evening news but she was still very well known here.Trumpp and Brexit were the main stories here tonight.

R.I.P. To a very talented lady. Wish you were not my first hit. Was hoping for one of the dirt-bags on my list.

I kept Valerie but left MTM off. She only scored points for me on the inverse deadpool.

Morbidkid's legend quoting Weezer now has two dead people in it...

Nah it was Charon coz I was gonna say "they're all deid now"

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8417-48-mary-tyler-moore/page-3#entry220426

Does that mean that "i look just like buddy Holly and your Mary Tyler Moore" is now a way of saying you look like a corpse.

I feel like the headline for MTM's death will be "Mary Tyler No Moore"

That would be far too obvious !

Zsa Zsa no more, Mary Tyler no more, next will probably be George Bush Señor no more.

Extremely saddened by the news even though she was on my main team list. A comedy icon of mine and brilliant in everything she appeared in. One of the few people who have reduced me to years in a film - Heartsounds I think the film was.

RIP.

The first proper Big Name death of 2017 I'd argue too.

I would say that was Gorden Kaye or Anthony Armstrong Jones.

Graham Taylor I would say, at least in a UK slant.

There's probably a thread for this somewhere...Cat.

Take yer pick! :lol:

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/7363-most-significant-death-of-each-month/

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/6568-each-years-most-significant-death/

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/5842-most-significant-death-for-every-year-from-1963-to-present/

• Like 1

The artist who created the bronze statue of the hat-tossing Mary Tyler Moore for Minneapolis’ Nicollet Mall has died.

Wisconsin artist Gwendolyn Gillen died Jan. 27, two days after Moore, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. She was 76.

Dumbass shoulda made a Betty White statue.

SC

• Like 3

The artist who created the bronze statue of the hat-tossing Mary Tyler Moore for Minneapolis’ Nicollet Mall has died.

Wisconsin artist Gwendolyn Gillen died Jan. 27, two days after Moore, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. She was 76.

Dumbass shoulda made a Betty White statue.

SC

Some more brutal societies used to put servants and/family members to death when the big shot who provided their income pegged out. Cruel to be kind thinking in the extreme. But...it'd be deadpooling gold if the death of a major celeb meant the public execution of the artist who'd created the most celebrated likeness of that celeb.

I'm thinking some repressive regimes - maybe like Trump's America - would groove to that

The BBC Breaking News account has just tweeted she has died, Only four and bit years late.

• Haha 2

On 25/03/2021 at 08:10, The Old Crem said:

The BBC Breaking News account has just tweeted she has died, Only four and bit years late.

This should bring into question going forward as using the BBC as an acceptable DDP source.

Last week I drove through Kokomo (Indiana; just to say I was there; see: dreadful Beach Boys song) and had no idea I had driven into a Mayor Tyler Moore reset!

851E2E98-1D2E-492A-9C99-E3A1E809B01E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1