Dr. Zorders

I Miss Badegg

On 2017-03-19 at 15:26, RadGuy said:

ImNotHades hasn't posted since January 28th. He wasn't THAT active, but an absence of almost 2 months is still strange for him.

Also, where the fuck is Magere Hein? We're going on the 1-year anniversary of him disappearing.

It's time we get more serious about finding out what's the matter - some people have insinuated that he's dead, for fuck's sake.

Surely somebody has to know his real-life name or a location or even a date of birth... anything could help.

I happen to know Magere Hein's real life identity, but I would never in a million years reveal it without his permission.

2 minutes ago, Predictor said:

I happen to know Magere Hein's real life identity, but I would never in a million years reveal it without his permission.

Excellent.  Can you find out how he is and put our minds at rest then, please.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toast said:

Excellent.  Can you find out how he is and put our minds at rest then, please.

Sorry, Toast, I couldn't find anything relevant online in recent years. Most of the stuff about him are from several years ago. Oh, there's this one person, an old friend of his, in another forum that wondered about him as late as December 2016, but it doesn't really tell us anything.

The thing about non-celebrities (or even for some celebrities) is that you usually have to go to great lengths IRL to find out if someone is dead or not. Depending on the country, confidentiality jurisdictions may limit the amount of privacy-related information you can obtain if you're not a family member. A Dutch phone book directory would be a good place to look, but that's better suited for someone living in Netherlands at the moment.

What I find interesting about this thread in general is it shows us that Internet has become so ingrained in our every day life that online absence has almost become the near-equivalence of real life disappearence. I suspect that this type of development will continue in the future.

4 hours ago, Predictor said:

There are a few others on here that also know his real identity.

There are a few on here that also know mine but they dont necessarily know my phone number and/or address.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Sorry, Toast, I couldn't find anything relevant online in recent years. Most of the stuff about him are from several years ago. Oh, there's this one person, an old friend of his, in another forum that wondered about him as late as December 2016, but it doesn't really tell us anything.

The thing about non-celebrities (or even for some celebrities) is that you usually have to go to great lengths IRL to find out if someone is dead or not. Depending on the country, confidentiality jurisdictions may limit the amount of privacy-related information you can obtain if you're not a family member. A Dutch phone book directory would be a good place to look, but that's better suited for someone living in Netherlands at the moment.

What I find interesting about this thread in general is it shows us that Internet has become so ingrained in our every day life that online absence has almost become the near-equivalent to real life disappearence. I suspect that this type of development will continue in the future.

That's worrying that someone on another forum was asking too.

I don't know about the Netherlands, but in the UK it's common practice to put an announcement in the local paper when someone dies.

There are some websites that record these.  Maybe something similar there?  Just a thought.

https://www.iannounce.co.uk

http://www.family-announcements.co.uk/localworld

On 21/03/2017 at 05:16, Toast said:

I don't know about the Netherlands, but in the UK it's common practice to put an announcement in the local paper when someone dies.

There are some websites that record these.  Maybe something similar there?  Just a thought.

https://www.iannounce.co.uk

http://www.family-announcements.co.uk/localworld

This seems to be a Dutch obituary site compiled from newspaper records that you can search:  http://www.mensenlinq.nl/

• Like 1

Ain't seen Eddie Mair for - like - ages; since he was the real deal should we ring Radio Four and ask about his intentions re returning?

On 3/20/2017 at 14:10, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

There are a few others on here that also know his real identity.

There are a few on here that also know mine but they dont necessarily know my phone number and/or address.

Some people don't let me have any stalking fun.

• Like 4

On 2017-03-20 at 20:16, Toast said:

Don't worry about that, Toast. The post was more along the lines of "Hey, I remember an old friend of mine who used to be good at X (whatever the thread is about). Dunno what he's up to nowadays." And I'm paraphrasing here, of course.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:26, maryportfuncity said:

Ain't seen Eddie Mair for - like - ages; since he was the real deal should we ring Radio Four and ask about his intentions re returning?

Well, Oor Eddie is covering for Andrew Marr next Sunday morning, so...

• Like 1

Rockhopper haven't been on for nearly two weeks. Really hope he's okay. Also, Magere Hein has last logged on over one year ago now, and still no sign of him showing. That, along with disappearances from Cat and Sir Creep (despite being a nuance), makes me wonder if any other members will disappear as well.

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Rockhopper haven't been on for nearly two weeks. Really hope he's okay. Also, Magere Hein has last logged on over one year ago now, and still no sign of him showing. That, along with disappearances from Cat and Sir Creep (despite being a nuance), makes me wonder if any other members will disappear as well.

Well you havent.

We live in hope tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

• Like 1

Wanders into room.

Cat?

Penguin?

Next room.

CAT?

PENGUIN?

Sticks head out of window.

CAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT?

PEEEEENNNNNGUIIIIINNNN?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Wanders into room.

Cat?

Penguin?

Next room.

CAT?

PENGUIN?

Sticks head out of window.

CAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT?

PEEEEENNNNNGUIIIIINNNN?

Batman laughs.

• Like 3

Classic typo above whereby Joey calls Sir Creep a nuance - effectively summing up SC's capacity to divert threads into his own realm rather than building information on information.

• Like 1

Its now been a month since they were last seen.

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Its now been a month since they were last seen.

They're in my shed playing with Maddie - I'll let them back soon

• Like 1

I believe we can figure out what happened to Magere Hein by examining his last days at the Deathlist forum. :sherlock:

https://forums.deathlist.net/profile/89-magere-hein/

My theory is that each thread that he posted in (starting with Cruyff) symbolizes something; he wanted to send us a message subliminally. Until now, no one has been clever enough to decipher it. ;)

It all started on 24 March 2016 with the death of footballer Cruyff, a prominent Dutchman. Since Magere too was a prominent Dutchman in this forum, his posting there hinted at the ”death” of Magere Hein, the account. "Death" here symbolizes inactivity on the forum, just like Cruyff is quite inactive in life these days.

The next one he posted in was MHDP Obits. That thread is about worldwide coverage of celebrity deaths. In this case, it symbolizes how the deathlist forum community (with members from multiple countries) will someday acknowledge his (like Cruyff's) inactivity (”death”). I, Predictor, would for example symbolize the absence observed from a Swedish perspective, like Aftonbladet writing about Cruyff.

But what exactly did Magere Hein plan to do? Well, the next thread he posted in was the UFOs one. In it, he even talks about launching and flying away. Is this symbolism for something else too or has he literally gone off to space? I would've said it's the former until I noticed something about his The Grey Horde team in DDP. Notice how 3/20 picks are astronauts? That's a suspiciously high number for a non-theme team. :o

So it seems that he has decided to emigrate from Earth, but wouldn't he be awfully lonely up there? Well, that's why we look for another clue in his next post in the DL status updates thread. As you can see, this was around the time Random Canadian stopped being active due to the whole rack incident. I'm just speculating here, but I think Magere (seeing that RC was upset at the time) decided that this was his perfect chance to get someone to accompany him far away from Earth. If it's an empty planet, then they would be the ones to populate it like Adam & Eve.

Lastly, in his final post, he makes a cryptic comment about a strange language called Grunt, that appearently everyone speaks. The question is, everyone where? Hmm. Another reason to believe that he has moved to another planet in another galaxy.

It feels good to have finally solved the mystery that has been plaguing us for over a year. I hope he is happy on his new planet along with his new wife Random Canadian.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Predictor said:

I believe we can figure out what happened to Magere Hein by examining his last days at the Deathlist forum. :sherlock:

https://forums.deathlist.net/profile/89-magere-hein/

My theory is that each thread that he posted in (starting with Cruyff) symbolizes something; he wanted to send us a message subliminally. Until now, no one has been clever enough to decipher it. ;)

It all started on 24 March 2016 with the death of footballer Cruyff, a prominent Dutchman. Since Magere too was a prominent Dutchman in this forum, his posting there hinted at the ”death” of Magere Hein, the account. "Death" here symbolizes inactivity on the forum, just like Cruyff is quite inactive in life these days.

The next one he posted in was MHDP Obits. That thread is about worldwide coverage of celebrity deaths. In this case, it symbolizes how the deathlist forum community (with members from multiple countries) will someday acknowledge his (like Cruyff's) inactivity (”death”). I, Predictor, would for example symbolize the absence observed from a Swedish perspective, like Aftonbladet writing about Cruyff.

But what exactly did Magere Hein plan to do? Well, the next thread he posted in was the UFOs one. In it, he even talks about launching and flying away. Is this symbolism for something else too or has he literally gone off to space? I would've said it's the former until I noticed something about his The Grey Horde team in DDP. Notice how 3/20 picks are astronauts? That's a suspiciously high number for a non-theme team. :o

So it seems that he has decided to emigrate from Earth, but wouldn't he be awfully lonely up there? Well, that's why we look for another clue in his next post in the DL status updates thread. As you can see, this was around the time Random Canadian stopped being active due to the whole rack incident. I'm just speculating here, but I think Magere (seeing that RC was upset at the time) decided that this was his perfect chance to get someone to accompany him far away from Earth. If it's an empty planet, then they would be the ones to populate it like Adam & Eve.

Lastly, in his final post, he makes a cryptic comment about a strange language called Grunt, that appearently everyone speaks. The question is, everyone where? Hmm. Another reason to believe that he has moved to another planet in another galaxy.

It feels good to have finally solved the mystery that has been plaguing us for over a year. I hope he is happy on his new planet along with his new wife Random Canadian.

Interesting read, but in all seriousness did you browse that Dutch obituaries link that Toast (or whoever it was) provided?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RadGuy said:

Interesting read, but in all seriousness did you browse that Dutch obituaries link that Toast (or whoever it was) provided?

'Twas me and yes, did you have a look at it, @Predictor?

I just looked at Hein's account:  yes, it was all very humdrum regular posting until he disappeared. The only anomaly is that he last posted on March 26, 2016 and his last log in was March 31.  So he has logged in at least once in those last 5 days and not posted anything.  Since that time, he hasn't logged in at all.

If I "ping" someone with an @ sign, they receive an email alert, don't they?  Might be worth trying:

@Magere Hein - please read this entire thread and respond to let us know you are okay. People are concerned. You don't have to stick around - just a quick "Hello, I am still alive" is fine and then you can disappear again if you like. :)  

• Like 2

I looked at his profile again and this post caught my eye:

So his mother died at 83 more than ten years ago, so she'd be in her 90s now if she were still around. Therefore, Hein is probably in his 60s at the earliest or more probably in his 70s making it a little more likely something has happened to him. :( I hadn't realised he was so old. 

• Like 1

50s I'm guessing - given he was traveling to Scotland a few years back. Can't mind if that was for work.

Hmm. Any of those Scottish posters suddenly post more since MH went?  I don't mean me, before any cheeky sods reply.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2017 at 14:22, Davey Jones' Locker said:

If I "ping" someone with an @ sign, they receive an email alert, don't they?  Might be worth trying:

@Magere Hein - please read this entire thread and respond to let us know you are okay. People are concerned. You don't have to stick around - just a quick "Hello, I am still alive" is fine and then you can disappear again if you like. :)  

Silence. Unless @Predictor turns something up, I think we will to accept that we won't ever know.  Let's assume @Magere Hein is hanging out happily down at the local pub with Lord Lucan somewhere in Africa. :(  

Cat and penguin have gone for two months now.