En Passant

How To Make Friends And Influence People

No sign of corruption in Qatari 2022 world cup bid says, I'm struggling to type this for laughing, A FIFA official.

In other news today in a shock move reformed rogue trader Nick Leeson is confirmed as new head of the Bank of England and the ghost of Harold Shipman has been appointed to the NHS oversight committee on pain relief.

• Like 1

2022 will be the worst world cup and that is a fact . Empty stadiums though I have a feeling the Qatari's will fill the stadiums with whats left of the workforce (not out of the goodness of their heart but because no one has turned up). But don't worry i'm sure Qatar will buy and import fans from india and rest of middle east . The world cup could cost 200 billion in 2011 Qatar's GDP was 181 billion so who is paying for it?

This world cup in 2022 could actually kill the world cup as a spectacle and alot of people come 2026 may have simply lost interest. International football attendance is already on the decline, you start messing with the world cup too and it may take decades to recover if at all.

Th whole thing is a fucking joke I hate to see injustice and the fact this report has cleared qatar is disgusting. Nepalese have had their passports taken they're forced to work and haven't been paid in over 6 months in a dangerous/lethal environment and apparently there is nothing wrong with that.

Then the messing with the league seasons holding it in the winter , who really wants to travel around Christmas to watch football in the desert ?

Not exaggerating but i could probably list another 10 or more glaring errors and problems with hosting the world cup there .

I still think the world cup won't be held there it all comes down to money at the end of the day and i think the arabs in qatar will realise even 200 billion is too much for them and fifa will realise there is no profits to be had from 2022 world cup .

• Like 3