RonnyMan

Pelé

Why yes, he is.

Named after a female God always pissed him off :D

• Like 1

Apparently nowhere near life-threateningly ill but - for all that - clearly on the wrong forum. Can some mod, like, move this to rub shoulders with Jimmy Savile, CSNY and the rest, we'll need this thread for real when the man's health really starts to slip.

• Like 1

The byline should have been The Beautiful Lame, shouldn't it?

• Like 1

The one interesting thing to come out is that sometime between 77+79 he had a kidney removed..

• Like 1

Cheers for the pass from one wing to another that located this post on the right thread.

• Like 1

Cheers for the pass from one wing to another that located this post on the right thread.

Wasn't too sure what you meant. So I guessed.

• Like 1

Or Hokey Cokey

• Like 1

Hidden in here is the information that Pelé (Happy belated 75th birthday! :party::birthday2: ) actually had three surgeries this year, including a very recent hip surgery.

Hidden Buried in here is the information that Pelé (Happy belated 75th birthday! :party::birthday2: ) actually had three surgeries this year, including a very recent hip surgery.

A little touch-up.

Pelé sells everything so that his legacy can spread to other people, or something:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/31/pele-auctions-off-his-entire-football-history

Aye, interesting. As a rule such a tonnage at one go would saturate the market and drive down individual prices but this is Pele and some of the stuff - like the replica of the original World Cup and his three winners medals - is the kind of nailed-on visitor attraction/ rarity that'll guarantee serious bidding.

They reckon $5 million, eh? Seems do-able

Pelé sells everything so that his legacy can spread to other people, or something:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/31/pele-auctions-off-his-entire-football-history

this could mean one of two things. 1 He is struggling financially and has to sell them to make money. 2 He is terminaly ill and is selling all his stuff because he won't need it.

this could mean one of two things. 1 He is struggling financially and has to sell them to make money. 2 He is terminaly ill and is selling all his stuff because he won't need it.

Except virtually no one does the latter unless their without issue or close family. You don't SELL your personal shit if you're about to die, you give it to the relatives you want to have it when you're gone. I left a 1% door open in my qualifying statement in case Pele is that big of a prick.

SC

Except virtually no one does the latter unless their without issue or close family. You don't SELL your personal shit if you're about to die, you give it to the relatives you want to have it when you're gone. I left a 1% door open in my qualifying statement in case Pele is that big of a prick.

SC

Pele is NOT that big of prick. As Larry Grayson used to say; shut that door!

Personally, I'd sell it rather than dust it.

SC

Pele is NOT that big of prick. As Larry Grayson used to say; shut that door!

On the news last night Pele was fairly articulate - despite his famous struggle to speak English the way others do - about money for social projects and the level of need in Brazil. He's giving summat back, and ain't on his way to line up with George Best anytime soon.

Is that Gordon Banks on the very left?

1 minute ago, FixedBusiness said:

Is that Gordon Banks on the very left?

The one and only, he himself had trouble handling some of the draws balls, which is probably the most ironic thing ever.

• Like 2