RonnyMan

Pelé

58 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

What's the point of sending prayers to Pele?  Sending love is fine, but surely prayers would be far more effective addressed to his God.

So tired of this nonsensical cliche.

• Like 6

Completely right. Pelé has been ill for a lot of time and has had his occasion to say goodbye to everyone he loved, a privilege not everyone gets. He is 82 and lived a remarkable life, even in his fight with cancer he lasted way more than expected.

Really no point now to "wish him well" or "send him prayers".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Palliative care can last a month or more

He is in heart failure has pneumonia , has swollen all over, is clearly riddled with cancer now and was reportedly delirious and not eating a few days ago .He also has one kidney which might speed up kidney failure as he is likely to be close to multi organ failure or will be soon.Days at best in thus case but probably less than that 

I assume the swelling was an allergic reaction to chemo. They possibly raised the intensity of the chemo because it was not working anymore, only to find out that Pelé cant survive that kind of chemo. So putting him into end-of-life care means not that he is literally breathing his last breath, but they do let the tumours grow now. I don't know which of his ailments is going to kill him first, but out of all of these, I'd give him about a week.

I cannot imagine this doing his aged mother any favors, either. :( Do we think they'll go in quick succession?

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I assume the swelling was an allergic reaction to chemo. They possibly raised the intensity of the chemo because it was not working anymore, only to find out that Pelé cant survive that kind of chemo. So putting him into end-of-life care means not that he is literally breathing his last breath, but they do let the tumours grow now. I don't know which of his ailments is going to kill him first, but out of all of these, I'd give him about a week.

He is suffering from bronchial pneumonia, with lungs compromised by cancer. Really can't see him lasting much.

50 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

If he makes it to 1st January he will definitely be no.1 in the drop 40

He would probably be the most agreed/easiest choice for the 2023 DL if he does make it 

7 minutes ago, Jonah said:

I cannot imagine this doing his aged mother any favors, either. :( Do we think they'll go in quick succession?

At age 100, something like this could very easily finish her off.

4 minutes ago, Jonah said:

Quite possibly, although one of her other son’s died 2 and half years ago when she was 97 and she survived that so who knows? Suppose 2 and a half years is a long time when you’ve just turned 100.

I wonder if this thread will go quiet before Pele

I expect him to be toast before WC22 is over.

Pissing off Qatar for stealing the headlines.

• Confused 2

Did I just hear Jurgen Klinsman wish for Pele to get better? After being told he's in palliative care?

Well, I'm hoping Bernard Cribbins makes a miraculous recovery, but that ain't going to happen either....

• Haha 1

People's fear of death reaches ridicolous points.

Just now, TheDumbReaper said:

He’ll die today. Just like Reagan.

To add some context to what I’m saying, when Reagan died it was initially announced he had weeks to live, but he then died the day that was announced.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDumbReaper said:

He’ll die today. Just like Reagan.

Presumably any announcement will aim to avoid an unsociable hour in Brazil time (3 hours behind the UK), so if he does go today, we may not know until tomorrow unless it happens before midnight UK time.

We won’t know anything today. They’re paving the way for the big announcement in the next few days imo. 

18 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

Presumably any announcement will aim to avoid an unsociable hour in Brazil time (3 hours behind the UK), so if he does go today, we may not know until tomorrow unless it happens before midnight UK time.

Things have leaked out about him so I can’t see them managing to keep a lid on it for too long. 

I'd say Pele could go tomorrow or in a matter of weeks. Hard to tell but he'll probably drop as soon as I submit this 

29 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Things have leaked out about him so I can’t see them managing to keep a lid on it for too long. 

John Lennon, Princess Diana....

Day or night, too big and too famous for it not to be announced almost immediately, imo.

I'd assume there are already gatherings for vigils...

• Like 2

I smell bullshit.

• Like 1