RonnyMan

Pelé

Apparently there’s a lot of movement some stadium (I don’t know football so please excuse my ignorance) because they’ve pitched something in the centre of the pitch.

There’s also a video that’s allegedly from inside the tent which confirms it’s Pelé related:

https://twitter.com/lucasfelix/status/1606422356200677376?s=20&t=1TSSEK9wjnzzuFcAX6ew0A

So his death has either been leaked and they’re preparing a tribute or it’s just some random spectacle to show respect for him. 

Golden Pele coffin videos on Twitter now, if it ain’t done it’s happening before Christmas. They’re prepping like mad. 

Edited by DoffinCodger
Twitter link found

30 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Apparently there’s a lot of movement some stadium (I don’t know football so please excuse my ignorance) because they’ve pitched something in the centre of the pitch.

There’s also a video that’s allegedly from inside the tent which confirms it’s Pelé related:

https://twitter.com/lucasfelix/status/1606422356200677376?s=20&t=1TSSEK9wjnzzuFcAX6ew0A

So his death has either been leaked and they’re preparing a tribute or it’s just some random spectacle to show respect for him. 

They are saying it is for his funeral.At least that seems to be what the speculation is about.

19 minutes ago, Sean said:

They are saying it is for his funeral.At least that seems to be what the speculation is about.

Another video from the tent. Don't know whether it's a kinda obscure tribute or some publicity stunt thing else.   

According to Twitter, the Brazilian media have gathered outside the Albert Einstein Hospital, where Pelé has been receiving palliative care. Will post a link when I find one. 

Difficult to imagine that it isn't grim news by this point. 

• Like 1

Has 2 days to live max imo, don't see him living past christmas. 

I'm afraid that we aren't talking days, we're talking hours. Heard that the hospital that Pelé stays (or stayed?) at didn't publish any health update today, which, along the preparations at the Vila Belmiro, led many to think he's a goner.

• Like 1

Still alive but on oxygen and with family holding vigil.

Edit:Daughter posted this on Instagram translated "Here we go in the fight and in the faith.One more night together".

:pop:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Doctors at Albert Einstein Hospital have called family members of Pele asking them to come to the hospital.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Doctors at Albert Einstein Hospital have called family members of Pele asking them to come to the hospital.

Maybe he won’t see 2023 now, just maybe…

Well, is a "Betty White" merely dying on New Year's Eve, or does it need some sort of shock factor? I don't think anyone would be surprised at this point if he did die.

18 minutes ago, When The said:

What if Pele pulls off a Betty White on December 31?

Doubt he'll make it that far.

If his own daughter is saying one more night together, yeah, we're talking about hours here, not days.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Still alive but on oxygen and with family holding vigil.

Edit:Daughter posted this on Instagram translated "Here we go in the fight and in the faith.One more night together".

I am glad that he is alert enough for his family to say goodbye. My Mom was pretty much out of it her last week. I don't even think she was aware of me when I said goodbye.

• Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Undead In Ohio said:

I am glad that he is alert enough for his family to say goodbye. My Mom was pretty much out of it her last week. I don't even think she was aware of me when I said goodbye.

I don't think he is responsive based on this video.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sean said:

I don't think he is responsive based on this video.

Yeah, I was basing it on the picture where he appeared to be grasping the arm of his daughter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Famous6Eva said:

Will be the saddest death of 2022:(

Hardly, fella has had so many close calls and it really lost it's impact at that point tbh. I can think of a few sadder deaths than his 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Famous6Eva said:

Will be the saddest death of 2022:(

Not for me.  Nowhere near.

Nor me. Terry Hall springs to mind.

• Like 3