Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2015

Colleen McCullough, the now dead author of The Thorn Birds, is listed as a celebrity in the DDP2015 so I guess she has joined the "List of the Missed".

Colleen McCullough, the now dead author of The Thorn Birds, is listed as a celebrity in the DDP2015 so I guess she has joined the "List of the Missed".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/11376232/Colleen-McCullough-Thorn-Birds-author-dies.html

Why?

I think the N'T are also on the list of the missed.

The main deathlist has 3 people (Zsa Zsa, Patrick Macnee and Denis Norden) born on 6 February, which out of only 50 is somewhat of a coincidence. Two teams in DDP have these three as well, 3 out of only 20 picks. Let's hope they are not all travelling together that day for a joint party! Was passing the time, don't get out much since my bereavements and my recent heart attack. Shame I'm not famous really...

The main deathlist has 3 people (Zsa Zsa, Patrick Macnee and Denis Norden) born on 6 February, which out of only 50 is somewhat of a coincidence.

Not really. You only need a list of 23 to be even money for 2 to share the same day, and with 23 , a triple birthday is around one in six chance.

Can't be added working it out for fifty, but it isn't really a coincidence.

• Like 2

The main deathlist has 3 people (Zsa Zsa, Patrick Macnee and Denis Norden) born on 6 February, which out of only 50 is somewhat of a coincidence.

Not really. You only need a list of 23 to be even money for 2 to share the same day, and with 23 , a triple birthday is around one in six chance.

Can't be added working it out for fifty, but it isn't really a coincidence.

Thanks Charon, not a statistician myself, I think I noticed a couple of others who shared a birfday. Just bored that night, thought it was interesting given that the people on the list also had to have some kind of fame in addition to being on a list, not simply 20 or 50 randoms (ah, that brings back my youth in Glasgow's underbelly club scene). Peace, YW.

Just realised I have finally got a unique pick after 4 years of trying :D .

Thank you mario zagallo .

• Like 1

Got a link? Ta , Peace YW.

I'm only on my 2nd go and I've already had 2 unique hits. :shoot::lol:

p.s.... thanks for the name add-on TMIB.... didnt ask for the exclamation mark..... oh well. :ph34r::duck:

• Like 1

Surprised I haven`t had a single hit yet seeing as 10% of my picks are over 105 1/3 are over 100 2/3 are 92 or older and 24 picks are on the Drop 40.

Just seen the update - good work. Just one thing - the Richard Baker in my Crypt of Chortles team should be the newsreader who's elderly and more joker worthy than a 41 year old MP who I hadn't heard of when making my team selections and who's apparently got nothing wrong with him! I suspect the other two teams who picked Richard Baker had the same one in mind as me.
Hope you don't mind me pointing it out, but there will be points at stake if he carks it...

..and we're up again!

501 teams and I reckon that's yer lot for 2015...

I can't see an update, it's still January 17... :scratchhead:

F5 will do the trick! ;)

F5 will do the trick! ;)

Indeed it does. 2 hits, 10 points, =25: I've had worse Januaries.

regards,

Hein

F5 will do the trick! ;)

Everything's alright now!

But even with Google search function ("DDP 2015") I only got the "January 17 view" yesterday. Don't know why...

F5 will do the trick! ;)

Everything's alright now!

But even with Google search function ("DDP 2015") I only got the "January 17 view" yesterday. Don't know why...

Jeez your slow...

Just been running through the listings to see if there are any that I can compile for TMIB and I notice that the wrong Rosemary Harris has been assigned to my team.

Mine should be the Carnegie award winning children’s author in 1968 for The Moon in the Clouds born in 1923 and not Elizabeth Bennett's mum.

Just saying this now so I can't be accused of waiting to see which one dies first and claim the points accordingly.

You are probably going to hate me but.....

Thanks for changing the write up but the picture is another Rosemary Harris who write crime books. I have not yet managed to find a picture of the children's writer yet.

I thought she looked a bit young for her age!

• Like 1

I thought she looked a bit young for her age!

Yes looking at that you might think about dating rather than carbon dating.

• Like 2