Sean

Sheila Mercier

Emmerdale`s Sheila Mercier turns 96 on the 1st January and has had arthritis for many years.Surely old enough and famous enough for a place on next years list?Her brother Brian also turn 91 next month and had a stroke recently so he could be one to consider also?

Emmerdale`s Sheila Mercier turns 96 on the 1st January and has had arthritis for many years.Surely old enough and famous enough for a place on next years list?Her brother Brian also turn 91 next month and had a stroke recently so he could be one to consider also?

Can't disagree with that but I think she is an actress who most people would recognise but not readily name.

True but her character probably could.She is certainly better known than Luise Rainer and Javier Perez De Cuellar.I think most people in England who are aged over 30 will have heard of her character at least.She is certainly famous enough to get the "and finally" section on the 10 o`clock news as Clive Hornby did in 2008.

True but her character probably could.She is certainly better known than Luise Rainer and Javier Perez De Cuellar.I think most people in England who are aged over 30 will have heard of her character at least.She is certainly famous enough to get the "and finally" section on the 10 o`clock news as Clive Hornby did in 2008.

I know the name, but when I would see her on TV her name always escapes me.

I remember seeing her when she was on This Is Your Life, and the occasional clip of Emmerdale when I still lived in the U.K.

She's certainly obit worthy.

She was in the soap for 22 years (1972-1994) but has returned several times since. Couldn`t find much on Emmerdale viewing figures but the plane crash of 1993 attracted 18 million viewers. She was probably the most pivotal character in Emmerdale in the early years.If we look at Anna Wing she was only in Eastenders for 3 years and was famous solely for her character so I think Sheila would pass the Deathlist notability criteria.

She was in the soap for 22 years (1972-1994) but has returned several times since. Couldn`t find much on Emmerdale viewing figures but the plane crash of 1993 attracted 18 million viewers. She was probably the most pivotal character in Emmerdale in the early years.If we look at Anna Wing she was only in Eastenders for 3 years and was famous solely for her character so I think Sheila would pass the Deathlist notability criteria.

Anna Wing was famous for a lot more than her role in Eastenders. She had an acting career that spanned almost 70 years.

She did a tremendous body of work yes but this was only touched on in her obituaries. If she hadn`t played Lou Beale no one would have remembered her (except some incredibly seasoned deadpoolers perhaps).The same goes for Sheila Mercier.

• Like 1

I don't watch Eastenders, and I knew who she was because she was in Doctor Who.

Who did she play in Dr Who?

One of the shadow people in the first episode of Kinda, when Tegan is getting possessed by the giant snake.

I didn't say that knowledge was obtained from not being a geek, rather than cultural osmosis. :D

• Like 1

One of the shadow people in the first episode of Kinda, when Tegan is getting possessed by the giant snake.

I didn't say that knowledge was obtained from not being a geek, rather than cultural osmosis. :D

I remember her as the "Sausage and Mash" lady from the Pete & Dud version of Hound of The Baskervilles

22774-8875.jpg

Anyway who thinks Sheila Mercier would be a good edition to the 2015 Death list?

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Anyway who thinks Sheila Mercier would be a good edition to the 2015 Death list?

yeah me.she will defanately die next year in my expert opinion

yeah me.she will defanately die next year in my expert opinion

Not much of an expert then, are you?

• Like 2

98 on New Years day.Maybe worth putting on DL 2017.

99 Today!!!!! :party::birthday::birthday2:

• Like 1

I’ve come across this forum and I’m absolutely appalled.

FYI Sheila Mercier is my grandma.

My family has had enough grief recently with my father passing away and don’t need trolling like this. I’m not quite sure how you posting this is relevant, except to fuel your sick game.

Please have more respect - take this down.

4 minutes ago, MikeM said:

I’ve come across this forum and I’m absolutely appalled.

FYI Sheila Mercier is my grandma.

My family has had enough grief recently with my father passing away and don’t need trolling like this.

Please have more respect - take this down.

Sorry you're offended but we don't wish death upon Mrs Mercier but unfortunately at her age she is very lucky to be alive and more likely to die than most celebs which is why she has a thread her. Naturally I wish Mrs mercier could live forever but we are all on a limited amont of time. We here don't wish death but rather we predict death. Btw my condolences about your father.

• Like 1

Just now, charon said:

May I be the first to say.....

"Fuck. Off. Troll."

If only - cunt. Think you should wind your neck in.

My father passed away after a short battle with cancer and my grandma has moved to a home near my mother to be with he family.

1 minute ago, charon said:

MK, the bitch is at it.

Probably a bloke actually.

Would take a right sick fuck to google yer beloved gran and death list.

Actually I was trying to find a video of when my gran was on this is your life and this came up

Irate visitors thread for this pish.