Sign in to follow this  
InquilineKea

University Presidents?

John Buechner, a former University of Colorado president, longtime faculty member and politician who served in the Colorado statehouse and as Boulder's mayor, died Saturday. He was 82.

SC

• Like 1

Dr. Joseph Burke, SUNY Plattsburgh president emeritus, died Friday, Aug. 3, 2018 at his home in Albany. He was 86.

Burke arrived at the college in 1973 when then-President George Angell brought him on board to serve as vice president for academic affairs. Upon Angell’s retirement in 1974, Burke took over as the college’s seventh president.
SC

11 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Dr. Tom Moran, the current chancellor of Queen's University of Belfast, has died.  He was 65.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45164548

On 29/06/2018 at 22:18, msc said:

Also, since I can't be arsed working out what thread to put it in, did a search and it didn't seem mentioned. Watching the ESPN doc Ceasefire Massacre about Ireland at the 94 World Cup and the Loughisland murders. Anyhow, Bill Flynn the business man who got Clinton to talk to Gerry Adams (and got him a US Visa), is one of the talking heads. Looked him up, and he actually died a few weeks ago.

^ This guy's aide during the 90s, dies a few weeks later.

14 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Sir William Kerr Fraser, former Principal and Chancellor at the University of Glasgow, has died.  He was 89.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45521171

Friendly enough guy, the little I saw of him.

Former University of Virginia President Emeritus Robert O’Neil died Sunday at the age of 83 at his home in Washington D.C.   O’Neil served as the sixth president from 1985 to 1990, along with teaching at the School of Law until 2007.   He is survived by his wife of 51 years, four children and their families, and 13 – soon to be 14 – grandchildren.
SC

Carlo Montemagno, the chancellor at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, died unexpectedly Thursday morning, university officials announced.

The cause of death was not immediately known. Montemagno revealed on his blog in June that he had been diagnosed with cancer and was treating it “aggressively.”

Montemagno, 62, had led the Carbondale campus since August 2017, after spending five years at the University of Alberta in Edmonton.

SC

William B. Tolar, former professor, dean, vice president, provost, and acting president at Southwestern Seminary, died on Dec. 29 at the age of 90. Tolar was a world-renowned Bible scholar with an academic and ministry career spanning more than half a century. 

SC

(As per online translation)
Former Chancellor of Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Prof. LC Mishra died on Saturday He was sick for a long time. Professor of living in Sharda town. LC Mishra had discharged his responsibility on various positions in the University for a long time. He retired on March 3, 2011.   Pro. Mishra was Vice Chancellor of the University from August 30, 2007 to August 21, 2008. Earlier he was the head and dean of life science department for nearly 17 years, from July 1990 to 2007.

SC

@Sir Creep you're the only one who'd ever heard of or given a fuck about anyone in the thread. Stop posting shite.

• Thanks 2

Maybe you and @Toast need to curb your efforts to asking the Mods to delete the thread.  Not sure how it's any different than any other thread, but I'm sure everyone in DL would love to hear your remarks making that distinction.

21 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Maybe you and @Toast need to curb your efforts to asking the Mods to delete the thread.  Not sure how it's any different than any other thread, but I'm sure everyone in DL would love to hear your remarks making that distinction.

They're not celebrities, they're just people who held certain jobs.

We've already got a thread for academics

And no good university president wouldn't meet the above criteria of academic?

• Like 1

On 31/12/2014 at 13:10, Toast said:

If so, I imagine they belong in the "Arrogant Academics" thread.

A quick check reveals my above argument was made in the 2nd post of this thred, 4 years ago...

@Death Impends Please, could we have this merged with Arrogant Academics so we can all ignore Sir Creep across one thread rather than two?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

They're not celebrities, they're just people who held certain jobs.

You can add me to the list of toastie and deathers SC.

Solidarity brothers and sisters we shall overcome this onslaught of uppity teachers being reported.

• Haha 1

I don't mind this thread (all knowledge is... something or other) but I remain worried that one day, within it,  Sir Creep will post the death of someone I have actually heard of!

Also, to be fair, the thread does predate Sir Creep...

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I don't mind this thread (all knowledge is... something or other) but I remain worried that one day, within it,  Sir Creep will post the death of someone I have actually heard of!

Also, to be fair, the thread does predate Sir Creep...

Your toilet predates the last curry you had, but it's the last curry you had that fills it with shit and causes the stench...

Once Sir Creep reported the death of Hugh O'Brian. Oh, and Lucy Lou, the canine mayor of Rabbit Hash! I'll be always grateful to hom for this.

The University of Minnesota learned that former President Hasselmo passed away Wednesday morning. Nils Hasselmo served as president of the University of Minnesota from 1988 through 1997. 

SC

William Winegard, the president and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Guelph from 1967 to 1975, has died.  He was 88.  Winegard was also a Canadian federal cabinet minister in the Brian Mulroney government and an Officer to the Order of Canada.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4914412/william-winegard-dies/

The former president of Bethune-Cookman University has died.  A university spokesman confirmed that the university's fourth president, Dr. Oswald Bronson, passed away. 
Bronson served at Bethune-Cookman University for 29 years and retired in 2004.
SC