Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

After finding out about Anita Ekberg's death just a few minutes ago, I thought of another Swedish-American actress; Ann-Margret. No, not suggesting that she should be considered but instead her husband Roger Smith. He was famous for his role in the television detective series 77 Sunset Strip with Efrem Zimbalist Junior.

Who the hell spells out the word 'Junior'?

SC

Predictor.

• Like 2

After hearing from my doctor today I suddenly have a much closer affinity to people facing possible death... :sicktherm:

A few years back I experienced much the same thing. 2 weeks after speaking to my doctor, he was dead after suffering a heart attack.

my doctor is a young attractive female so that shouldn't be a problem. I particularly seeing her for a prostate problem I had recently in fact.. :)

And I'm sure she enjoyed it too.

After finding out about Anita Ekberg's death just a few minutes ago, I thought of another Swedish-American actress; Ann-Margret. No, not suggesting that she should be considered but instead her husband Roger Smith. He was famous for his role in the television detective series 77 Sunset Strip with Efrem Zimbalist Junior.

In the 1960s, he was forced to quit acting due to things like "blood clot in the brain" and

"myasthenia gravis." Now, obviously it wasn't life-threathenig since he has managed to stay alive at age 82...but this is not the kind of guy who'll turn 90 either. He is "wheelchaired" nowadays and has Parkinson's disease. I see that no one has picked him for this year's DDP; perhaps a contender for 2016 instead?

http://nypost.com/2013/10/05/ann-margret-dishes-on-sexy-legacy/

By the way, impressive to see a Hollywood marriage that's lasted for 47 years!

He was a 'unique' on my 'Roger & Out' theme team last year, (and two years before that). I didn't re-enter this time. Two Rogers in three years is a poor return, though I might try again with a few different Rogers next year.

Surely depends how much you're putting yourself out?

• Like 1

Maybe it's worth to take a look at Hazel McCallion. She has recently retired after 36 years from active politics. McCallion, better known as "Hurricane Hazel" will be 94 years in a few days.

It often happens that people die quickly if you are no longer required as before. according to the Claim "Use it or loose it!".

• Like 1

It often happens that people die quickly if you are no longer required as before. according to the Claim "Use it or loose it!".

Can somebody explain that concept to Zsa Zsa?

regards,

Hein

Can somebody explain that concept to Zsa Zsa?

regards,

Hein

But what is "it"? perhaps Zsa Zsa is using "it" and all that's needed is for her to take her teeth out.

It may just be me, but I'm not convinced. He said he is still awaiting results, yet confident that he doesn't have a tumour. But why would his publicist mention a tumour if one is not suspected by his physicians?

Earlier reports mentioned that he refused to see a doctor until it was apparent that he has a serious health issue. I guess it could also be a feeble attempt to get rid of the paparazzi following him.

It may just be me, but I'm not convinced. He said he is still awaiting results, yet confident that he doesn't have a tumour. But why would his publicist mention a tumour if one is not suspected by his physicians?

Earlier reports mentioned that he refused to see a doctor until it was apparent that he has a serious health issue. I guess it could also be a feeble attempt to get rid of the paparazzi following him.

I took a walk down your Path Of Doubt this year but in the other direction. I'm still having EXTREME doubts as to the veracity of medical claims re: Wilco Johnson (3 months to live pancreatic cancer) and Valerie Harper (3-4 months to live brain cancer). Virtually no one comes back from those two diagnosis, ESPECIALLY brain cancer. I'm ready to state that without a publicized medical record I have doubts they ever had cancer 'to the degree' as reported. Now I know your next question--why would they do that? I dunno, but forgotten Harper has a new show she's appearing on all of the sudden, after doing the talk show circuit. As for Kilmer, would his publicist have exaggerated his medical condition? We do to know. Did the publicists for Wilco and Valerie?

Sir C

I took a walk down your Path Of Doubt this year but in the other direction. I'm still having EXTREME doubts as to the veracity of medical claims re: Wilco Johnson (3 months to live pancreatic cancer) and Valerie Harper (3-4 months to live brain cancer). Virtually no one comes back from those two diagnosis, ESPECIALLY brain cancer. I'm ready to state that without a publicized medical record I have doubts they ever had cancer 'to the degree' as reported. Now I know your next question--why would they do that? I dunno, but forgotten Harper has a new show she's appearing on all of the sudden, after doing the talk show circuit. As for Kilmer, would his publicist have exaggerated his medical condition? We do to know. Did the publicists for Wilco and Valerie?

Sir C

Dodgy ground because - in defence of these people - there's a commercial downside to cancer-ridden creatives because their work often demands they are insurable (so the millions invested in movies, tours etc. are protected), so it wouldn't be fully in their interests to make this stuff up.

Sir C

Dodgy ground because - in defence of these people - there's a commercial downside to cancer-ridden creatives because their work often demands they are insurable (so the millions invested in movies, tours etc. are protected), so it wouldn't be fully in their interests to make this stuff up.

In terms of pancreatic, Swayze was given "weeks" to live back in very early 2008 and held on nearly two years. Sods law is, he seemed to have the type like Wilko's they could have got with this new surgery but they didn't have it back then. That's life for you.

People also in tune to the vagaries of health decline. Who thought Zsa Zsa would last so long? And then people you think might have fight in them, like Smokin' Joe Frazier (or 2012 DDP joker favourite that never was, Philip Gould), go within days of the announcement.

May I suggest Francesco Schettino, captain of MV Costa Concordia, for consideration? He's definitely in hot water.

Based on his lily-livered conduct so far, he'd be too chicken to take his own life I reckon. There are over twenty families out there who would have a motive to assist though. Maybe one of them has Mafia connections.

The latest news is that he "slipped over board and fell into the sea and then got into one of the lifeboats"

Francesco Schettino has been found guilty of manslaughter. According to Dutch media he's been sentenced to 16 years.

regards,

Hein

May I suggest Francesco Schettino, captain of MV Costa Concordia, for consideration? He's definitely in hot water.

Based on his lily-livered conduct so far, he'd be too chicken to take his own life I reckon. There are over twenty families out there who would have a motive to assist though. Maybe one of them has Mafia connections.

The latest news is that he "slipped over board and fell into the sea and then got into one of the lifeboats"

Francesco Schettino has been found guilty of manslaughter. According to Dutch media he's been sentenced to 16 years.

regards,

Hein

I miss the days when the "dead of 2015"-thread was still used for people who actually died in 2015... :shoot:

• Like 2

regards,

Hein

I miss the days when the "dead of 2015"-thread was still used for people who actually died in 2015... :shoot:

This should be in the "possibilities" thread. Edited by Magere Hein
3 posts moved from topic "Dead of 2015". I have no idea why I posted in the wrong topic.

James Last has said that his concerts in April will be his.....Last

Nowt on his health, mind. So it may be as simple as he won't accept smaller tours and less bankable venues (which given the size of his "band" means a profitable hall for a rock band is marginal for him). This might well be because his lengthy tours mean a lot of outlay hiring and rehearsing lots of musicians and - regardless of his health - insurers might just be looking at his birth certificate and saying no. Bear in mind Les Paul was still gigging into his 90s, but had to stay small and local.

James Last has said that his concerts in April will be his.....Last

Nowt on his health, mind. So it may be as simple as he won't accept smaller tours and less bankable venues…

His serious illness which took a "life-threatening" turn last September apparently forced him to face the fact that "a man full of plans, needs to not just slow down but give up his life on tour altogether".

What was this serious illness exactly? If it's something that he still has, he might be a good DL candidate in 2016, even if he is not world famous, think about the plethora of puns or obit headlines…

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone posted this last year. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Keith Harris had an operation to remove his spleen after being diagnosed with cancer and underwent chemotherapy.

The cancer seems to be in remission, but there's always a chance that it could return.

Not sure if anyone posted this last year. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Keith Harris had an operation to remove his spleen after being diagnosed with cancer and underwent chemotherapy.

The cancer seems to be in remission, but there's always a chance that it could return.

Keith: Orville, who is your very best friend?

Orville: Your will!!

Or he could go on the roof to fix the aerial.

• Like 1