And in the New Zealand Herald. He is obviously doing the media rounds while we are for once winning test matches.

"He had been advised he can't travel"

I wonder whether something has changed or knowing that he is very ill he has just decided to do his own thing.

Because Aliens aren`t sexy!

You obviously didn't see Under The Skin

-http://au.ibtimes.com/cricketing-legend-martin-crowe-attend-legends-cricket-art-deco-match-hawkes-bay-1423099 :Set to make a public appearance tomorrow (well today as we are a day ahead)

Clearly I'm reading more into this than I should but he must look like shite if they're using a stock photo from 2001.

SC

Guest Guest

They might be

Are you sure? This is miss epsilon bootis . Or as she is known on her home planet miss epsilon booty .

grey_alien_iv_by_mrthirdeyeching-d4ge9np

Leonard Nimoys not looking any better I see...

Can't like that, you're a guest, sign up, then I can.

• Like 1

They might be

Are you sure? This is miss epsilon bootis . Or as she is known on her home planet miss epsilon booty .grey_alien_iv_by_mrthirdeyeching-d4ge9np

What's this to do with Martin Crowe?

The Cricket World Cup is upon us.

If this was a movie then there are two possible alternative ending:

1. MC dies just before a crunch NZ match and his team are inspired to win in his memory

2. NZ get to the final and win allowing MC to die happy the following day.

But, as we live in real life he will proably still be here in September and India will win the World Cup.

Guest Guest

They might be

Are you sure? This is miss epsilon bootis . Or as she is known on her home planet miss epsilon booty .grey_alien_iv_by_mrthirdeyeching-d4ge9np

Nothing but I was right wasn't I !

They might be

Are you sure? This is miss epsilon bootis . Or as she is known on her home planet miss epsilon booty .

Nothing but I was right wasn't I !

You have to scroll back another page. It was a conversation about Martin Crowe being once married to a former Miss Universe. I wanted to know why if the contest is called Miss Universe, why are all the contestants from Earth.

It's obvious: the contestants from other planetary systems can't afford the trip.

There are rumours that an inhabitant of Gliese 876 d, a race of shapeshifters, did actually take part in the 2006 Miss Universe contest, posing as Miss Ethiopia. He didn't impress the jury.

• Like 4

Well his prognosis is so dire I suppose he has no choice but to concede defeat.If I had a 5% chance of dying after September I certainly wouldn`t feel like bothering to fight.I`d be amazed if he lives to January.

[snip]

I`d be amazed if he lives to January.

Yeah, especially after he stopped the chemo completely. "Natural remedies" (and their placebo effects) might make him feel better (or at least less depressed), but they won't give him any extra months.

Yeah I think the natural remedies are probably just to make him feel like he is doing something.Chemo is horrible at the best of times but if you can`t see it giving you much extra time and just a lot of pain and discomfort it is probably not worth it.

I have a feeling he's just hanging on at the moment what with New Zealand still in with a chance for the World Cup. Their 1/4 final match against West Indies is this Saturday.

• Like 1

I have a feeling he's just hanging on at the moment what with New Zealand still in with a chance for the World Cup. Their 1/4 final match against West Indies is this Saturday.

I don't know about 'just hanging on' - he had lunch with Mike Selvey at the weekend, so sounds in good shape at the mo.

https://twitter.com/selvecricket/status/577297712195878912

I don't know about 'just hanging on' - he had lunch with Mike Selvey at the weekend, so sounds in good shape at the mo.

Sometimes there's no telling. My father-in-law's wife's brother passed away recently after a short battle with lung cancer. He'd just completed a course of chemotherapy, and was able to join us all for dinner at a restaurant one evening. A couple of days letter his health went on a rapid decline and he was dead within a week. Although on the flipside, a friend of mine was suffering from stage 3 Multiple myeloma, at one point his back was broken in 6 places as his bones were so brittle. His cancer is now in remission and he's back to as near normal as he could 2 years on.

Sometimes there's no telling. My father-in-law's wife's brother passed away recently after a short battle with lung cancer. He'd just completed a course of chemotherapy, and was able to join us all for dinner at a restaurant one evening. A couple of days letter his health went on a rapid decline and he was dead within a week. Although on the flipside, a friend of mine was suffering from stage 3 Multiple myeloma, at one point his back was broken in 6 places as his bones were so brittle. His cancer is now in remission and he's back to as near normal as he could 2 years on.

Wouldn't argue with any of that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Crowe around for next year's list.

His partial resignation surprised me, considering his statements about how he envisiones the Cricket World Cup in 2019. Maybe he's a bit moody at the moment, somewhere between two stages of grief. It's reminding me of the Sam Simon of 2014. Sam had his animals, Martin has his cricket. He definitely has a couple of months left, and might end up on every non-theme team in 2016.