BTW, if nobody guesses the correct date, the person who was closest will win.

Guest awesome guest

April 10th 2015,idk just have a feeling about that date

April? I'm almost mad I put him on my list.

October 13, "it's 5:00 somewhere". With a mere 78 days left in 2015, DLers will breathe a sigh of relief.

SirC

Seeing that all but about 3 people picked an April date, this is beginning to look better.

I reiterate he is one I'd not have on my team at all with a do over.

SC

October 13, "it's 5:00 somewhere". With a mere 78 days left in 2015, DLers will breathe a sigh of relief.

SirC

Seeing that all but about 3 people picked an April date, this is beginning to look better.

SC

95% certain to be gone by September is one to always pick....

Though I do think he's next years shoe in.

SirC

SC

95% certain to be gone by September is one to always pick....

Though I do think he's next years shoe in.

I also think he only becomes a good candidate in the latter half of this year. I think it will be pretty close for 2015.

It's been a bit quiet about Martin lately... anybody hear/read anything about him the past few weeks?

It's been a bit quiet about Martin lately... anybody hear/read anything about him the past few weeks?

Only that he's still not out

The universe missed another piece of serendipity with the NZ test win over England this week.

Apparently Russell Crowe has been visiting. But both the articles covering this appear to have been pulled from the Web

With the Ashes starting today, now would be a good time for a high profile cricket death

With the Ashes starting today, now would be a good time for a high profile cricket death

Naw he still needs to watch the new season of Orange Is The New Black on Netflix especially if he is as big a Doggett fan as he appears to be.

Off the top of my head jade goody lasted a month in a hospice and bernie nolan lasted over 3 months (before returning home for final week i think) . Usually you have weeks left rather than months but its looking like 60/40 he dies in 2015 . Could go down to the wire with him dying in mid to late december.

Off the top of my head jade goody lasted a month in a hospice and bernie nolan lasted over 3 months (before returning home for final week i think) . Usually you have weeks left rather than months but its looking like 60/40 he dies in 2015 . Could go down to the wire with him dying in mid to late december.

I have to confess that I don` t know very much about his particular type of cancer only that it is extremely aggressive and gets you quickly.If he makes September he will be in the 5% of sufferers that make the one year mark.I reckon he will be gone in about 2 weeks.He has been very open about "giving up" which usually means you don`t last as long.I wonder what the median survival rate is for hospice patients.

In my good old US of A one cannot get hospice care unless they've no hope of living beyond 6 months. Generally 6 weeks is closer to the truth. Not sure how it works Down Under. Alls Sir Creep knows is his Oct 23 guess needs some damn good hospicing.

SC

I think that news decides a whole lot of things...

Going into a hospice to give your carer a break is one thing, but this seems to be the key line in that report:

"Friends say Crowe is now housebound and his condition has deteriorated significantly since he was last seen in public during the Cricket World Cup in March."

Yeah, I think he wasn't so much hospice placed because he is a week away from dying, but rather he is incapable of looking after himself now and thus needed the care when his wife was away. Which could mean that he's about to die anyway. I wouldn't hold out hope for him making 2016, put it that way, and I think this will turn out to be the key death in the DDP this year.

I think we could be reading too much in to this and missing one very important detail

"Crowe is back at home with his family, but was cared for at the hospice when his wife Lorraine Downes had to travel."