It's not even midnight in New Zealand (half an hour left), but I won't be on later today, so I've got to do this now:

:birthday:

Happy 53rd and last birthday, Martin!

Make sure to party like there's no tomorrow (because for you, there likely isn't).

Nasty little post. "Happy birthday" would have been sufficient.

• Like 4

It's not even midnight in New Zealand (half an hour left), but I won't be on later today, so I've got to do this now:

Make sure to party like there's no tomorrow (because for you, there likely isn't).

Yeah, I guess, RadGuy's prognosis is probably right (his chances of surviving for another year are pretty slim), and Martin should know that as well, but since he's not a bad person (like Mugabe or Ian Brady) there's nothing to celebrate about the fact that this is (likely) his last birthday.

I was just joking. Wasn't trying to be rude. Martin seems like a nice chap.

Yeah, I guess, RadGuy's prognosis is probably right (his chances of surviving for another year are pretty slim), and Martin should know that as well, but since he's not a bad person (like Mugabe or Ian Brady) there's nothing to celebrate about the fact that this is (likely) his last birthday.

He shares my birthday. Ultimately, he shares a fate for us both. When this thread is long gone, I'll probably still remember him in my first DL year because of this, even though I abhor his sport and know nothing of his history. Have a good one Martin.

where has this countdown come from?

Looks more likely to make the starting line for 2016 to me.

Well being in hospice care for a couple of months with a type of cancer that has a poorer prognosis than pancreatic cancer doesn't make another 3 months look likely.

Well being in hospice care for a couple of months with a type of cancer that has a poorer prognosis than pancreatic cancer doesn't make another 3 months look likely.

Is this new information, or yet another misinterpretation of his brief hospice stay while his wife was away?

Is this new information, or yet another misinterpretation of his brief hospice stay while his wife was away?

No it isn`t knew but it is clear from the article that his wife is providing hospice cere of some sort at home on a permanent basis otherwise he wouldn`t have been admitted while she was away.

No it isn`t knew but it is clear from the article that his wife is providing hospice cere of some sort at home on a permanent basis otherwise he wouldn`t have been admitted while she was away.

No, it just means that his wife is his principal carer. It's not uncommon for people (even those not at death's door) to have short stays in a hospice to give their carers a respite. It's one of the functions of a hospice.

• Like 1

No it isn`t knew but it is clear from the article that his wife is providing hospice care of some sort at home on a permanent basis otherwise he wouldn`t have been admitted while she was away.

No, it just means that his wife is his principal carer. It's not uncommon for people (even those not at death's door) to have short stays in a hospice to give their carers a respite. It's one of the functions of a hospice.

Very true but the only people I have known to go into hospice for respite have been those with chronic conditions as opposed to terminal ones.I may well be looking too much into it but given the cancer type and the fact he has refused treatment and has subsequently deteriorated I still think the poor bloke is pretty much a dead cert for this year.

94% he will be gone this year, 80% he won't make it to November 1, 33% he won't make it to October 1.

94% he will be gone this year, 80% he won't make it to November 1, 33% he won't make it to October 1.

where did you pluck those figures from?

3 days left.

If he, for some reason, outlives Sir Creep's prediction of October 13th, I think we should do another sweepstakes.

3 days left.

If he, for some reason, outlives Sir Creep's prediction of October 13th, I think we should do another sweepstakes.

Actually only two days left when you posted this. The time was 5:47 AM in New Zealand when you posted this.

Editors are finalizing the obit for copy.

Florists in NZ scrambling to complete floral arrangements in time.

SC

• Like 1

SC

If he drops dead between 0000 hrs and 2400 hrs GMT on 13th October 2015 I'll send you a bottle of 18 year old single malt Scotch for being a jammy sod.

SC

If he drops dead between 0000 hrs and 2400 hrs GMT on 13th October 2015 I'll send you a bottle of 18 year old single malt Scotch for being a jammy sod.

And if he doesn't, will you send me the bottle?

• Like 1

SC

And if he doesn't, will you send me the bottle?

No, coz I didn't get my stick of New Zealand rock! :rant:

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7610&page=25#entry218528

It's 38 minutes into October 14th in New Zealand, but let's wait out the day, just in case he did die today, but it hasn't been announced yet.

• Like 1

It was nice knowing you Mr Crowe. RIP

SC