Grim Reaper

Ken Kercheval

who the FUCK IS KEN KERCHEVAL AND WHY SHUD WE KARE

Because he had his own brand of popping corn at one point in time and even more because he has an acting resume of some length. Included in his roles were that of Cliff Barnes on the long running serial drama Dallas. He appeared in the original run and in the more recent revamped and updated version of the show.

Born the day following Bastille Day in the year of our Lord listed as 1935, Kenneth Kercheval will be a standard 80 years of age this July. On IMDB he is the only actor listed as being born in Walcottville, Indiana.

More than 20 years ago he had lung cancer, fought it, had surgery to remove a lung lobe or two or maybe more, and won his battle and still lives on.

Still working he has been seen in dozens upon dozens of movies and television programs over the years.

Also rumored to have at times imbibed in a little to much alcohol (not sure his present drinking status), he could conceivably drive off a Cliff :lol:

Will be a-waiting and a-watching.

• Like 3

Because he had his own brand of popping corn at one point in time and even more because he has an acting resume of some length. Included in his roles were that of Cliff Barnes on the long running serial drama Dallas. He appeared in the original run and in the more recent revamped and updated version of the show.

Born the day following Bastille Day in the year of our Lord listed as 1935, Kenneth Kercheval will be a standard 80 years of age this July. On IMDB he is the only actor listed as being born in Walcottville, Indiana.

More than 20 years ago he had lung cancer, fought it, had surgery to remove a lung lobe or two or maybe more, and won his battle and still lives on.

Still working he has been seen in dozens upon dozens of movies and television programs over the years.

Also rumored to have at times imbibed in a little to much alcohol (not sure his present drinking status), he could conceivably drive off a Cliff :lol:

Will be a-waiting and a-watching.

Thanks for answering my quasi-hostile 3AM drunk "I dont know who this is" posts with such levelheadedness and well-informed....ness. Or somethng. Instead of saying "Just google it" like anyone can.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

because he's an alcoholic like you :))

because he's an alcoholic like you :))

Seinfeld+George+Wink+and+Nod.gif

While well known to people who watched the show Dallas outside of that he is an unknown bit actor who had a lot of guest spots mostly in the 70s and 80s. Unless someone on the committee had specific knowledge of his being in poor current health I would say this has to win the award for worst pick of the year due to the combo of low fame level+,age and no unknown current health worries. Even being super active for their age and being strong bets for being alive in 2016 Dick Van Dyke and Doris Day being chosen is not as bad of picks due to at least having a certain iconic film star status level

• Like 1

While well known to people who watched the show Dallas outside of that he is an unknown bit actor who had a lot of guest spots mostly in the 70s and 80s. Unless someone on the committee had specific knowledge of his being in poor current health I would say this has to win the award for worst pick of the year due to the combo of low fame level+,age and no unknown current health worries. Even being super active for their age and being strong bets for being alive in 2016 Dick Van Dyke and Doris Day being chosen is not as bad of picks due to at least having a certain iconic film star status level

Though I'd put Mugabe as the worst pick, upon some research here I think you could be right, Captain. The guy had lung cancer--TWENTY ONE YEARS AGO! http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20103665,00.html

So that's moot UNLESS a committee member knows first-hand he's smoking again.

He's an on-again off-again drunk. Who amongst is isn't? So fucking what?! Last we know he slid off he wagon and skid hard in 2013, age 77. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-404259/Dallas-star-Kercheval-arrested-drink-driving.html /

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2013/dallas-star-ken-kercheval-kicked-off-british-morning-show-after-arriving-completely-wasted-0112/

Again, if a committee member knows first-hand that Ken is a constant lush and does wreckless things in such condition (like hang in smoky pubs), then it means not a damned thing.

But really I just wanted to post the 9th item for Ken Kercheval.

SirC

Though I'd put Mugabe as the worst pick, upon some research here I think you could be right, Captain. The guy had lung cancer--TWENTY ONE YEARS AGO! http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20103665,00.html

He's an on-again off-again drunk. Who amongst is isn't? So fucking what?! Last we know he slid off he wagon and skid hard in 2013, age 77. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-404259/Dallas-star-Kercheval-arrested-drink-driving.html / http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2013/dallas-star-ken-kercheval-kicked-off-british-morning-show-after-arriving-completely-wasted-0112/

Again, if a committee member knows first-hand that Ken is a constant lush and does wreckless things in such condition (like hang in smoky pubs), then it means not a damned thing.

SirC

the worst pick has got to be jake the snake
  • Like 2

He's an on-again off-again drunk. Who amongst is isn't? So fucking what?! Last we know he slid off he wagon and skid hard in 2013, age 77. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-404259/Dallas-star-Kercheval-arrested-drink-driving.html / http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2013/dallas-star-ken-kercheval-kicked-off-british-morning-show-after-arriving-completely-wasted-0112/

SirC

Indeed.

About Ken Kercheval, yes, it's an outside bet at most. Is there a certain "camp" factor to Cliff Barnes? The committee likes to pick colourful characters, I wonder what's the special angle with him.

SirC

Indeed.

About Ken Kercheval, yes, it's an outside bet at most. Is there a certain "camp" factor to Cliff Barnes? The committee likes to pick colourful characters, I wonder what's the special angle with him.

Ken Kercheval has certainly had a colourful life he has being married 4 times and has 7 children, he is an alcoholic who has been done for drink driving on several occasions, also he smokes like a chimney and has lost a lung due to it, also in 1989 one of his business partnerships went wrong and one of the partners went on a gun rampage on the Dallas set and tried to kill Ken before committing suicide.

• Like 1

I think he is a decent enough pick.Yes he is fairly young in death list terms but his history of smoking and drinking and the fact he has had lung cancer justifies it.He is indeed famous enough in UK terms as Dallas was broadly viewed as iconic.I agree that Jake Roberts was a bad pick in hindsight though.

• Like 2

I think he is a decent enough pick.Yes he is fairly young in death list terms but his history of smoking and drinking and the fact he has had lung cancer justifies it.He is indeed famous enough in UK terms as Dallas was broadly viewed as iconic.I agree that Jake Roberts was a bad pick in hindsight though.

Broadly viewed as iconic, hell yeah.

British record television audience for the episode when JR's would-be assassin was revealed.

Stop complaing about bad picks!

The bad picks of today are NOTHING compared to the bad picks of 1990, which included Queen Elizabeth and Oprah Winfrey...

surely a bad pick is anyone still alive come 1st January next year?

No that would be a bit harsh. If the pick flits in and out of hospital during the year then they are legit. It is when the announce a new concert tour and release an album with Lady Ga Ga that you probably realise that the research wasn't up to scratch.

• Like 3

No that would be a bit harsh. If the pick flits in and out of hospital during the year then they are legit. It is when the announce a new concert tour and release an album with Lady Ga Ga that you probably realise that the research wasn't up to scratch.

yeah, fair play i guess. ill give you that one.

Yeah so Wilko Johnson was a good pick when the world and his dead pooling dog nabbed him last year, totally agreed. How could we know he'd survive from there?

Incidentally, sure the research has to be....(ROLL OF DRUMS)...up to snuff!

Oh. my coat.

80 today! :party:

Guest Just me

in the UK he is one of the most famous people ever as cliff Barnes in dally. He an Jr e wing mega famous.

Guest Just me

Dallas. Predictive text sucks.

He'll be playing a part in the independent film "The Promise":

http://www.wthr.com/story/30236337/ken-kercheval-returns-to-indiana-for-independent-film

So he's not exactly at death's door yet, huh? Although Sir Christopher Lee had similar plans before his death earlier this year, so you never know...

he might just collapse with a fatal heart attack