DevonDeathTrip

Leonard Nimoy

image-817350-panoV9free-yhjp.jpg

So... Three out of seven now...

I've put my league on point watch. I am not sure he's coming out alive, or not for long. He fooled me I was sure he was good till next year. http://comicbook.com/2015/02/23/star-treks-leonard-nimoy-hospitalized/another link

SC

Only God and The Reaper understand death has arrived better than Sir Creep. Patting self on back for genius.

Sir C

That headline must have took hours to write.

Fucks sake... 1/50 for the committee, hate it when those bums catch up with me.

Also just shows you what a crapshoot death is, to think this guy's gone while fatty Shatner's still out there somewhere getting Jim Beamed up.

• Like 1

Also just shows you what a crapshoot death is, to think this guy's gone while fatty Shatner's still out there somewhere getting Jim Beamed up.

Give it time...

Also they should recreate Spock's funeral scene for Nimoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtQUePN5y40

did you know Emirates airlines has about 20 of the original series episodes on its inflight entertainment system, was just watching it the other day - the episode which had a spinning rubik's cube that turned into a puppet of an alien that turned out to be a scary little boy

Decided to go out today for the first time in ages and got the news about half way through the evening. Some one trick ponies are worthy of being just that. Mr Nimoy, I salute your contribution to popular culture and to be known across generations. Few achieve the ability to be discovered again and again by new fans who may not have even been born yet. Your legacy will live long and prosper and I am glad my life has overlapped yours. RIP Leonard, you were much admired and loved.

• Like 1

Funnily enough, CBS Action are right now showing perhaps the 'Star Trek' episode, City on the Edge of Forever....

Funnily enough, CBS Action are right now showing perhaps the 'Star Trek' episode, City on the Edge of Forever....

That's very quantum, showing it perhaps. They should have used the Heisenberg compensator.

• Like 1

Perhaps the best episode? Yeah, I'd go along with that. (One of the two which appeals to non-Trekkies anyhow!)

So what happens now to Spock's brain?

• Like 1

Same here!

But I'm not scared. I'm sure I'll get my 2nd hit before them.

Terribly humourless write-up on the front page. Didn't see any reference to nerds or the, er, "varying quality" of the Star Trek movies.... (so I read, not really from experience, although would definitely watch those over Star Bores any day). Just because news people are overly reverent of a lot of nerd stuff these days does that mean "we" have to be?

Terribly humourless write-up on the front page. Didn't see any reference to nerds or the, er, "varying quality" of the Star Trek movies.... (so I read, not really from experience, although would definitely watch those over Star Bores any day). Just because news people are overly reverent of a lot of nerd stuff these days does that mean "we" have to be?

I bet if Castro or Mugabe dies we'll get a double dose of sarcasm, to make up for the lack of it in this one. And as for Spock, it weren't just the news people, he got an obit from that infamous son of a Kenyan chief economist as well. I wonder how many other people on this year's list could get something like that. :-)

Rushed to the hospital for chest pains.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/leonard-nimoy-rushed-to-hospital-star-trek-legend-reportedly-suffering-severe-chest-pains-10066465.html

I have to admit, when I was very small, Star Trek always freaked me out.

Was it the full face of the alien in the closing credits?

Actually, I just happened to turn it on during a scene where somebody was beheading someone.

I am still trying to work out which episode featured a beheading (I am by no means a Trek expert. I am mostly familiar with the films.) RadGuy or Bibliogryphon, any idea what the episode was called?

did you know Emirates airlines has about 20 of the original series episodes on its inflight entertainment system, was just watching it the other day - the episode which had a spinning rubik's cube that turned into a puppet of an alien that turned out to be a scary little boy

Which we just happened to be talking about a few days ago on Page 2 of this thread. Yes, the little boy ends up being scarier than the bloody puppet.

Lots of places having a rant at Shatner's absence from Len's funeral (due to a long-standing charity commitment).

Couldn't they, like, beam him in?

Lots of places having a rant at Shatner's absence from Len's funeral (due to a long-standing charity commitment).

Couldn't they, like, beam him in?

Those Heisenberg compensators break at the drop of a hat. Where's Scotty when you need him?

Rushed to the hospital for chest pains.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/leonard-nimoy-rushed-to-hospital-star-trek-legend-reportedly-suffering-severe-chest-pains-10066465.html

I have to admit, when I was very small, Star Trek always freaked me out.

Was it the full face of the alien in the closing credits?

Actually, I just happened to turn it on during a scene where somebody was beheading someone.

I am still trying to work out which episode featured a beheading (I am by no means a Trek expert. I am mostly familiar with the films.) RadGuy or Bibliogryphon, any idea what the episode was called?

Bread and Circuses.?