Grim Reaper

Liz Smith

Maybe she'll outlast Caroline Aherne

• Like 1

The Liz Smith thread.

Of course as an American living in the United States (land of free catsup and sugar packets at McDonalds and Burger King), it seems necessary to tell that the name Liz Smith to me, meant the gossip purveyor not the British actor.

They are both similarly aged although ours here is the real Liz Smith.

Mary Elizabeth Smith was born in Fort Worth Texas in February 1923,

Betty Gleadle took the stage name of Liz Smith some time after her birth in December of 1921.

It would be most ideal, ideal indeed, if both of these nonagenarians were able to kick off this year and quite exciting and memorable too if they did it on the same day.

One can only hope...

A good edition to the Deathlist old frail and highly notable.Make sure to watch some of Liz Smith`s work:She is a very funny actress!

As funny as Kevin Bishop doing an incredibly blatant rip-off of a 90s classic, in the (mostly successful, obviously) hope that his young viewership hadn't seen it?

No offence but I'm guessing its certain users previous beef with one of the Brass Eye writers which stopped you getting an earful from someone or other for that massive bollock....

Doesn't bother me personally that much, cos Im not one of those that would issue (quasi-)secular fatwas, just sayin'....

Wrong thread Dr.

Wrong thread Dr.

Nah... lol... I was responding to your post/askin u a "sarcy" (oh no that word, only mums use that word) question.... btw please reduce your sig a bit....

Yep just reduced it.

Guest victoria

So why do they call me nana my death # is 134 w fictious name as liz smith mum yes but nana well i will just await my demise alone along w the other victims carry on victoria; -)

So why do they call me nana my death # is 134 w fictious name as liz smith mum yes but nana well i will just await my demise alone along w the other victims carry on victoria; -)

What?

• Like 1

What?

There are some serious Bennys out there.

• Like 1

What?

Seems perfectly clear to me.

What?

Seems perfectly clear to me.

Please send me a bottle of whatever you're having, it must be superior to anything I can get my hands on.

• Like 1

:A friend of mine was referring to this old commercial earlier today in conversation and reminded me that the old wife was Liz Smith.

If the geriatric Us gossip columnist Liz Smith dies 1st the Deathlist Committee should change the subheading when no one is looking to get an extra hit.

Indeed she has.Must make you feel ancient as an actress when you start outliving middle aged on-screen grandchildren!

• Like 4

Indeed she has.Must make you feel ancient as an actress when you start outliving middle aged on-screen grandchildren!

Mind you, when Liz Smith first achieved fame she was pretty much the same age as Aherne was when she died. Funny how life works out sometimes

Caroline Ahernes sad death might speed up her own demise though

What, in the sense that she'll want to join her on the couch in the sky?

she might die of a broken heart

she might die of a broken heart

Were they long time lovers?!

Dead according to Wikipedia.

Don't think she is, but I'll root round.

Edit: Found nuffin, muffins.