Grim Reaper

Liz Smith

Maybe she'll outlast Caroline Aherne

Indeed she has.Must make you feel ancient as an actress when you start outliving middle aged on-screen grandchildren!
Caroline Ahernes sad death might speed up her own demise though

What, in the sense that she'll want to join her on the couch in the sky?

she might die of a broken heart

I knew she wouldn't last much longer after Caroline Aherne died.PS here's a link to news of her death http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38440648

RIP... whoever you were.

• Like 1

Damn. Made me realize we lost Aherne as well this year... Was she cremated? (Scorchio!)

• Like 2

2016 was a bad year for the Royle Family. Hopefully 2017 will be bad for the Royal Family :)

• Like 3

Never heard of her. I guess only Brits know who she was. Local celeb I guess....

RIP... whoever you were.

Never heard of her. I guess only Brits know who she was. Local celeb I guess....

A terrific actress who could do both comedy and pathos.

• Like 3

RIP... whoever you were.

My son who is 8 was deeply upset. He loved her in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory even though she didn't have much of a role in it. The last time he was this upset was when Alan Rickman died. He always thought I looked like the character of Severus Snape when my hair was longer.

Here's a tribute to her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CvPgcZCrLo

• Like 1

She was a nationally recognised actress here and was known by all generations from kids to pensioners.In fact I am surprised how many younger people are reacting seeing as she retired 7 years ago.She was like an English Betty White in the sense that she was a warm individual who the nation felt affection to.Not to mention she was a very respected and distinguished actress in Britain for years.She was also great in serious roles as well as comedy.

• Like 2

.She was like an English Betty White in the sense that she was a warm individual who the nation felt affection to.

Oh, what a great analogy!

RIP, Nana.

.She was like an English Betty White in the sense that she was a warm individual who the nation felt affection to.

RIP, Nana.

Except Liz's warmth seems genuine, I'm not so sure about Betty White.

She played the dotty old aunt/grandma in every other tv show

She played the dotty old aunt/grandma in every other tv show

She was a Bafta award winning actress who gained the respect of everyone she worked with as well providing the audience with laughter and tears.

• Like 5

RIP, Nana.

Except Liz's warmth seems genuine, I'm not so sure about Betty White.

Blasphemy!!!

RIP... whoever you were.

It's not that I have no respect for her, I'm just being honest. I Googled her and I can still say that I never saw her....I don't watch British TV so it's not a surprise. I don't even remember seeing her in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

RIP... whoever you were.

My son who is 8 was deeply upset. He loved her in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory even though she didn't have much of a role in it. The last time he was this upset was when Alan Rickman died. He always thought I looked like the character of Severus Snape when my hair was longer.

Here's a tribute to her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CvPgcZCrLo

He was upset because it was Snape. I'm 23 and I was upset. I was shaking when I read it and I rarely do that. Maybe you've got a movie guru in the making.

F0211344-C299-40F6-A994-214C92DA138D.jpeg