Grim Reaper

Jake "the Snake" Roberts

60 today!

He now does something called DDP yoga.

DDP was a wrestler in the 1990s and early 2000s- Diamond Dallas Page. He devised DDP Yoga as a way of helping former wrestlers who have either fallen into addiction, suffered the physical damage of their careers, or struggled to acclimatise to life without steroids and all the nonsense that goes with wrestling. DDP himself was a pretty good wrestler, and seems like a decent fella driven by compassion. I've read that he was instrumental in turning Roberts' life around, helping him to stop drinking etc.

More here: http://www.diamonddallaspage.com/

Lol, I saw this thread got a new post (after about 50 posts in the Kerkorian thread) and though "Gee, it'd be crazy if we got ANOTHER hit" :P

Guest Recker

He put in an appearance in Auckland, New Zealand at Armageddon. He was in a wrestling match but only briefly, just to do his finisher. He looked ok.

dont think we will be seeing him on next years list.

• Like 3

Scores of wrestlers from his era just die suddenly, eg Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior. He could be worth sticking with.

Scores of wrestlers from his era just die suddenly, eg Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior. He could be worth sticking with.

There are a lot of wrestlers who are in there 70's now who took a few hits in there younger days. Who I think I would rather see on the list

George 'The Animal' Steele born 1937 (76)

Ivan Putski born 1941 (74)

Pedro Morales born 1942 (73)

'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka born 1943 (72)

Johnny Rodz born 1938 (77)

Pat Patterson born 1941 (74)

'The Rock' Don Muroco born 1949 (66) - I know he isn't in his 70's but had a very large physique in the 80's (I assume due to steroids)

Harley Race born 1943 (72)

'Superstar' Billy Graham born 1943 (72)

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan born 1944 (70)

'Mr Wonderful' Paul Orndoff born 1949 (65) - again not in his 70's but very unwell

'The Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart born born 1944 (71)

The Iron Sheik born 1942 (73)

'Mean' Gene Okerland born 1942 (72) - probably not taken too many bumps, but is still getting on in years

Nick Bockwinkel born 1934 (80) DEAD

Mr Fuji born 1935 (80)

Rocky Johnson born 1944 (71)

Abdullah the Butcher born 1941 (71)

Bill Watts born 1939 (76)

Antonio Inoki (72)

'Bullet' Bob Armstrong (75)

Mil Máscaras (73)

Bruno Sammartino (80)

think i will be putting one of them on my list for next year, have to do some digging first.

There are a lot of wrestlers who are in there 70's now who took a few hits in there younger days. Who I think I would rather see on the list

George 'The Animal' Steele born 1937 (76)

Ivan Putski born 1941 (74)

Pedro Morales born 1942 (73)

'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka born 1943 (72)

Johnny Rodz born 1938 (77)

Pat Patterson born 1941 (74)

'The Rock' Don Muroco born 1949 (66) - I know he isn't in his 70's but had a very large physique in the 80's (I assume due to steroids)

Harley Race born 1943 (72)

'Superstar' Billy Graham born 1943 (72)

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan born 1944 (70)

'Mr Wonderful' Paul Orndoff born 1949 (65) - again not in his 70's but very unwell

'The Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart born born 1944 (71)

The Iron Sheik born 1942 (73)

'Mean' Gene Okerland born 1942 (72) - probably not taken too many bumps, but is still getting on in years

Nick Bockwinkel born 1934 (80)

Mr Fuji born 1935 (80)

Rocky Johnson born 1944 (71)

Abdullah the Butcher born 1941 (71)

Bill Watts born 1939 (76)

Sunka, Heenan, and Graham are all pretty sick and would be good choices. With Heenan being in the worst health of the 3.

He was saved by DDP Yoga

The wrestler to worry about is Jimmy Snuka who is dying

He was saved by DDP Yoga The wrestler to worry about is Jimmy Snuka who is pretending to be dying so as to avoid trial for murdering his girlfriend in 1983.

• Like 1

62 Today:party:

Hey if he makes 80, and I'm still about, I'm trying this DDP Yoga.

Man, how the fuck is it possible for Leslie Phillips to be the last surviving debutant from 2015?

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Recently hospitalized for the Corona:

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/11/06/jake-roberts-recently-hospitalized-for-copd-complications/

Yeah, he has COPD, too. If he survives, they might just put him back on the Deathlist.. 

Actually it says he is hospitalized with COPD and Corona might kill him, but he hasn't corona.

Ah thanks.... I think I misinterpreted the google news short headline.

He doesn`t have Corona and never did  he was in hospital for COPD and says he was so unwell he wished it had been Corona but article acknowledges it would kill him if he got it.Says he still smokes cigarettes even though he is pictured on Oxygen so always a chance he could blow himself up.

• Haha 1

Needs to be brought back for next year severe COPD so he is screwed especially as it suggests he still smokes.Plus with COVID sweeping across the US he is almost certain to die if he gets that.Was just thinking earlier who famous has COPD as Covid makes their prognosis that much poorer.Only two that came to mind were Vanessa Redgrave and Kenneth Cope.

35 minutes ago, Sean said:

Needs to be brought back for next year severe COPD so he is screwed especially as it suggests he still smokes.Plus with COVID sweeping across the US he is almost certain to die if he gets that.Was just thinking earlier who famous has COPD as Covid makes their prognosis that much poorer.Only two that came to mind were Vanessa Redgrave and Kenneth Cope.

Others from a Wiki search:

Dan McCafferty from Nazareth.

Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson.

who we knew, and more obscure:

Christopher Ayres (voice actor, voice of Freiza in the English language Dragonball Z)

Peter Perrett from The Only Ones