Grim Reaper

Jake "the Snake" Roberts

The interview in full here.

• Like 1

Looks like he might be the next big wrestling death

• Like 1

He was back on Dynamite this week after a few weeks away, as manager of the Murderhawk. Ten min segment and the camera didn't focus on him, but by the end he very noticeably leaned over onto the ramp for support, and then was clearly struggling for breathe. imo if Jake can no longer perform, he'll go downhill rapidly, and based on the evidence from this careful stage managed role to be as least stressful as possible, I don't think he's got much left in the tank.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, msc said:

He was back on Dynamite this week after a few weeks away, as manager of the Murderhawk. Ten min segment and the camera didn't focus on him, but by the end he very noticeably leaned over onto the ramp for support, and then was clearly struggling for breathe. imo if Jake can no longer perform, he'll go downhill rapidly, and based on the evidence from this careful stage managed role to be as least stressful as possible, I don't think he's got much left in the tank.

I agree.I think he could be the first hit of 2021 if he is on the list.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's really a matter of time. If the committee doesn't include him next year, they'll probably miss out.

• Like 1

Maybe he'll be either the last hit, this year, for me, or the first hit for next year?

• Like 1

Took Liz dawn 13 years to die from COPD and she had a heart attack during that time. 

Just found out and can't get over the fact he has 8 children though.

• Like 1

How famous is he in the uk - more than just tabloid fodder and will make BBC/Sky News?. I've never heard of him?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

How famous is he in the uk - more than just tabloid fodder and will make BBC/Sky News?. I've never heard of him?

Can confidently say on precedent Jake will get a BBC obit when he dies and probably make the front page too.

• Like 2

Well he made Deathlist 50 in 2015 so I imagine he’s far more famous than your typical wrestling name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

He was one of the prominent names in WWE in the early 90s when it started gaining a significant following in Blighty. A guy in my year at secondary school shared his name, was a source of amusement among us all for the first half term (Autumn/Fall 92) till it got old 

• Like 1

Jake the Snake watch, Dynamite (28/01/2021) - he was on AEW Dynamite but the ref did the old "send the interfering manager backstage" bit within seconds to limit his on-screen time. He was quite red in the face (more so than last month) and looked out of breath from just standing.

He showed up 3 weeks ago and he looked like he had put on weight due to medicine. He's clearly ailing but struggling along, and they haven't given him speaking time since the COPD announcement. Reminds me of when Gorilla Monsoon was ailing/dying and the WWE kept giving him small spots here and there so he'd still be involved in the show...

Anyhow, as we should get regular sight reports, more in 2-3 weeks time unless the Reaper intervenes...

• Like 1

Jake on Dynamite again (3rd Feb 2021) - managing the Murderhawk during a lumberjack match so mostly in the background of shots. He did hit one of his patented Jake the Snake punches and immediately fell over. Balance issues. Anyhow, here's a pic, although my non-HD laptop doesn't quite catch how red in the face he was.

jake 3rd feb 2021.png

• Like 1

Not really had much of a look in in recent months but Jake was looking rough on Dynamite this week. Like he'd rushed off a nebuliser to appear on TV for 20 seconds.

• Like 1

Has missed the last 7 weeks of TV due to COPD health issues and hasn't tweeted in over a month.

This is basically the "msc posts updates on the guy all the non-wrestling fans have in their DDP team" thread somehow...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Likely to be one of the last updates in this thread before, you know.

Big Dave Meltzer in his latest newsletter confirms Jake's COPD has got significantly worse, and he is currently in a wheelchair with a near permanent nasal cannula to aide breathing. He also can't talk for more than 20 seconds without needing oxygen, so can't do TV. He appeared at a Horrorfest convention this week but was very frail.  :(:skull:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Out and about at the New York Comic Convention. Proverbial "lot going on" in this pic.:

FBMmrDMWEAAYa07?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

On 06/11/2020 at 15:47, msc said:

Others from a Wiki search:

Dan McCafferty from Nazareth.

Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson.

who we knew, and more obscure:

Christopher Ayres (voice actor, voice of Freiza in the English language Dragonball Z)

Peter Perrett from The Only Ones

Christopher Ayres dead. https://en.memesrandom.com/chris-ayres-dead/

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, arghton said:

https://www.thesportster.com/ddp-starting-new-podcast-with-jake-the-snake-roberts/

Apparently starting a new podcast with Diamond Dallas Page known for his yoga that "saved" Jake the Snake. Will be called the DDP Snake Pit, starting in late december or early january.

Article says that he's "doing much better now" but I wonder if that's true.

Can’t help but notice. Is Jake “The Snake” watching the forum by any chance? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thought it would be good to mention it here, too.

He's got covid, as mentioned in the Wrestlers/actors thread:

• Like 1

Am sure we had the Jake doing better updates in here.

Anyhow, back off TV for the foreseeable to recover from "minor surgery".  Bladder related so possibly old man problems, but expect someone to claim its further cancer soon.

• Like 2

Wouldn't shock me if Jim Ross went before Jake

• Like 1

Jake here on a photo with Stevie Nicks, a deadpooling 2-for-1, so to say (though I now wonder, is that Stevie or Jake's wife):

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1