themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

Who needs a computer programme to do it when we have our very own Statto in the form of Rotten Ali!

I was half expecting that, bless you. Thing is, no matter how much you talk me up, I still only get about 15 out 50. It would be a fluke to have more that say 25 out of 50 and damn near impossible to approach the 50 unless some mega programme were built to crunch the numbers with such accuracy that left no power to keep the lights on.

Oooo I love it when you start talking numbers!

I think that 25 is nearly impossible, especially with the level of fame that the Committee members use. In the pool that I am in where you pick 68 names (with similar fame thresholds), the record is 27 hits and that is for all entries since 1972. You could maybe get near 25 if you made the list of anyone that will get an Obit (so the DDP rules). Although a list of 50 Kate Grangers would not be very interesting.

Who needs a computer programme to do it when we have our very own Statto in the form of Rotten Ali!

I was half expecting that, bless you. Thing is, no matter how much you talk me up, I still only get about 15 out 50. It would be a fluke to have more that say 25 out of 50 and damn near impossible to approach the 50 unless some mega programme were built to crunch the numbers with such accuracy that left no power to keep the lights on.

I think that 25 is nearly impossible, especially with the level of fame that the Committee members use. In the pool that I am in where you pick 68 names (with similar fame thresholds), the record is 27 hits and that is for all entries since 1972. You could maybe get near 25 if you made the list of anyone that will get an Obit (so the DDP rules). Although a list of 50 Kate Grangers would not be very interesting.

Aye, maybe interesting but it means nowt unless you have a folder rammed with names and statistics.

RA has such a folder, some of us have seen it and its contents.

Its dedication to deadpooling above and beyond all reason.

The man is a legend, Fact.

• Like 1

Aye, maybe interesting but it means nowt unless you have a folder rammed with names and statistics.

RA has such a folder, some of us have seen it and its contents.

Its dedication to deadpooling above and beyond all reason.

The man is a legend, Fact.

I'll vouch for LFN's accuracy in the statement above. Ali gained the Rotten part of his name by (almost) achieving a 10 out of 10 slam on the Rotten Dead Pool

Proof that smoking is both cool and not bad for you.

Darrell Winfield at 85.

Marlboro.Cowboy.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-darrell-winfield-marlboro-man-20150114-story.html

Old age is bad for you..

Given that fewer than 50 per cent of deaths are caused by smoking and thereby greater than 50 per cent of deaths are caused by not smoking, it's safer to smoke.

Darrell Winfield at 85.Marlboro.Cowboy.jpghttp://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-darrell-winfield-marlboro-man-20150114-story.html

Old age is bad for you..

Given that fewer than 50 per cent of deaths are caused by smoking and thereby greater than 50 per cent of deaths are caused by not smoking, it's safer to smoke.

Darrell Winfield at 85.Marlboro.Cowboy.jpghttp://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-darrell-winfield-marlboro-man-20150114-story.html

Old age is bad for you..

Unless you are reading a different obit than I am, all we know is he died 'after a lengthy illness' (the obit posted in my league, http://county10.com/2015/01/14/the-original-marlboro-man-has-died-in-riverton-his-image-was-known-worldwide/) and/or 'no cause was given' (attached obit). It's quite a leap to conclude a) it was OLD AGE as well as B) non-cancerous. In fact, short of Alzheimer's and the like, 'lengthy illness' would point directly to cancer, and why wouldn't they just say Alzheimer's or Parkinson's etc?

Sir C.

Darrell Winfield at 85.

Marlboro.Cowboy.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-darrell-winfield-marlboro-man-20150114-story.html

Old age is bad for you..

I'm going to take up smoking at 80. I'm not sure that I'll really enjoy years 80 plus unless I have a hobby.

I'm not sure that I'll really enjoy years 80 plus unless I have a hobby.

Perhaps you can follow the example of my brother-in-law's grandfather. He died in a traffic accident while returning home from a visit to a brothel, aged 91.

regards,

Hein

• Like 2

I had a feeling that 2015 would be an amazing year for Deathlist, but after about 2 weeks we've had a lot of famous deaths, but none of them were on the Deathlist, so I'm not so sure. What do y'all think?

Guest Guest

I had a feeling that 2015 would be an amazing year for Deathlist, but after about 2 weeks we've had a lot of famous deaths, but none of them were on the Deathlist, so I'm not so sure. What do y'all think?

Last year there were 10 'hits' and 12 'misses' totalling 22 which I believe may be an all time record.This year will probably amount to less than 22 but t he proportion of hits to misses will prob be bigger.the fact that there hasn't been a hit by now is no indication as to how the year will go. There have been years with an early hit that ended up rubbish and years where it took till march for the first hit that ended up with a really good total. It's too early to start panicking !

Last year there were 10 'hits' and 12 'misses' totalling 22 which I believe may be an all time record.This year will probably amount to less than 22 but t he proportion of hits to misses will prob be bigger.the fact that there hasn't been a hit by now is no indication as to how the year will go. There have been years with an early hit that ended up rubbish and years where it took till march for the first hit that ended up with a really good total. It's too early to start panicking !

I know it's me being thick but what exactly constitutes a miss?

I think he means those who were on the list in previous years but not the year they died, but this particular guest seems to be the only one totting those up.

Indonesia executed six drug offenders. Among them Brazilian Marco Archer Cardoso Moreira, 53, and Dutchman Ang Kiem Soei, 62.

regards,

Hein

I think he means those who were on the list in previous years but not the year they died, but this particular guest seems to be the only one totting those up.

Playing with himself then :smileyd:

• Like 1

Not sad or shocking to me, Ive never heard of him.

You Kangaroo scrotum muncher.

Yoko Nagae Ceschina, Countess and Fairy Godmother to the Arts, Dies at 82. Countess Ceschina died in Rome on Jan. 10, was ever after one of the world’s foremost patrons of classical music, if also one of the least publicly known.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/arts/music/yoko-nagae-ceschina-countess-and-fairy-godmother-to-the-arts-dies-at-82.html?_r=0